1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henrik Larsson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by PaddyBhoy, Apr 4, 2011.

Discuss Henrik Larsson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    We're kinda used to it now with guys like Messi, Suarez, Neymar etc getting loads of goals and assist. It was pretty rare in Larsson's time though, to have a player that could do both so well. I think his goal scoring record often led people that didn't watch him regularly to take the view that he was an excellent goal scorer and probably a bit of a poacher when that just wasn't the case. He was really a complete centre forward capable of leading the line, dropping deep, floating out wide into the channels, linking up play with midfield....the whole range.

2. marco van basten 9

Fav Celtic Player:
    king of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    hello everyone im from Sweden i start followed HL in the beginning of the 90s and every time ive met him (only 2 times tho) his been a gentleman so i got confused when i read that he been in trouble with the bouncers in Glasgow a nightclub some years ago for being a arrogant * ive also got in trouble with bouncers a few times and they can very rough cowards at times not all of them but you know what i mean everyone here is praising him rightly so but i wonder if someone has any storries about the great man that is a bit nasty or the opposite here in Sweden when he moved back to helsingborg from barca 2006 he was accused for being cheating with several girls despite being married ive got very hard to beleeiving that because its never been reported in the newspaper or so. this is my first post here at TC hopely not the last!!! greetings from Sweden.

3. Bratfurdbhoy1

hi
    Hi mate over here all the Bhoys would let Henrikmpump them never mind the girls . Good to have you on the forum. He could have had a more glamorous wife though

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

What would you do if you caught Henrik Larsson in bed with your mrs

Tuck him in

5. Buster

l would quite rightly remove myself to the spare room after making sure all his needs had been attended to

6. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Get into the bed and ask the Mrs to politely leave.

7. marco van basten 9

Fav Celtic Player:
    king of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Thanks alot that ive not been banned yet!!! i travelled to Glasgow spring 2004 to see a match it was a defeat match against aberdeen 1-2 larsson scored the opener after 15 min i think the match played in the middle of the week and parkhead wasent sold out i think they already had won the league havent been back since that match. ever since i found out a social media channel late 2005-06 called YOUTUBE!!!! ive hoped someone to put up old celtic games 1997-04 so i was really when i exploared a youtbe account called squigster01 i recommend it to you younger fans that maybe never saw GHOD play he uploaded many games from MON ERA included a 2 hour upload celtic vs dundee utd 2-1 larssons last spl game and cup final the next week against dunfermline 3-1 and many more.... you probably already now this account but for me its a bit nostalgia looking back at tho games.

Marty McFly likes this.
  8. monkeynuts

Hiya Laurie

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Paradise88 and Random Review like this.
  10. Bumblebee

Forgot to mention Samaras in there mate, Samaras and Larsson should never be left out of a sentence.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He came, he was seen - then he disappeared from the spotlight.

In a long interview with Sportbladet, Henrik Larsson talks about his new project, Italy matches, his playful side and what he really has been doing with the past year.

"I've done everything I have not done with another," he says.

Henrik Larsson , 46, descends on one of the dark gray plastic seats in the National arena.

This was never his home ground during the national team but it seems that he is still enjoying himself. The plan is filled in afterwards, players in neongula training shirts jogging back and forth or letting the ball go.

If he hurts to rush down from the stands and connect?

"It feels pretty nice anyway, then it's clear that you get a little crazy when you see them running around ... But now, that's pretty nice.

It has been a year since Henrik Larsson disappeared from the spotlight. We already know the story; Helsingborg lost the calamities with Halmstad, degraded and Larsson left as head coach.

"Have traveled, played golf ..."
    That there is still sensitive land is clearly visible. It's really pretty comfortable temperature on Friends because the roof is closed, but as soon as the conversation turns at the last time in HIF , the mood becomes cooler, just frosty.

On the other hand, Larsson has no trouble telling how he has spent time during the year.

"I've done all that I have not done with another. Travel, play a lot of golf, yes ... Much of that product has become.

Lots of activities.

- Yes, both at home and there I have had to travel.

Now he will step back into the public space again. The 46-year-old will now be Betfair's face outwards.

"I'm going to be ambassador to Betfair so it's a new challenge ahead of me where I'm going to share my thoughts about international matches and how I think the matches will go," explains Henrik Larsson.

"Feeling not appreciated"
    Back to the national team. Larsson laughs when he will try to figure out how many times he actually ended.

"When I finished the first time, 2002, I had a full deal with Celtic. At that time we had a good team, we were in domestic cups, we had the league and went abroad in Europe, he says.

"I did not feel that you always got the estimate you deserved. At the same time, the boy was not so old and did not want me to be gone. So it became a fairly simple decision.

How do you mean you did not appreciate?

"At the time, I felt maybe appreciated, but after the World Cup 94, we had a period when we did not qualify for any championships until 2000 again and that championship did not go well.

"It was a bit of a bad start to 2002, and we had a bit of hilariousness that went out as we did. But at the same time I felt that the boy was young and asked why I had to leave. Then I was over 30 years old and felt it was time to step aside. I thought there would be someone else who wanted to play and play.

"Hard to beat Celtic Park"
    Henrik Larsson has one of Sweden's most impressive CVs. Celtic, Barcelona, Manchester United ... Over the years he has played a lot of major venues around Europe - but there is still one who beats everyone else.

- Clearly, it's Celtic Park. I was there for seven years and it's always a great mood, especially when playing European football. It was absolutely amazing, says Larsson.

"I was back a few weeks ago and worked a bit for television and experienced the pressure in a completely different way than I did before. So it's hard to beat it.

Did you appreciate it as much as you were in it as a player?

"No, I do not think any player does that, you're so busy with your own. It's about performing on the plan, for my part to score goals and play goals. Then you do not appreciate it in the same way you do today when you have stopped and go back sometimes and play some "song games".

- Old Trafford was amazing, Camp Nou was also amazing. But the arena that I feel is the best pressure on Celtic. It is difficult.

In total, there were three goals in thirteen matches in the United States 2007. The club, with legend Sir Alex in the lead, won the league same year.

How did you actually get a medal?

- No, I did not get it. I do not know if it's in any box somewhere and waiting for me but I never got any medal anyway.

"What else will I do?"
    A few years later, the football career was over. World Cup qualifiers with Denmark 2009 became the final international match, really this time.

Anyone missing after wearing the blue-colored place did not know the time afterwards.

- No, I did not. It is clear that you followed and still follow the national team as far as it goes but there was no need to play again. I stayed for quite a while, every 38 years ... Had a bit of pain in my body and felt it was time to get rid of it, says Henrik Larsson.

- When it hurts your body, when you are having trouble walking up the day after a match, then it is not as fun anymore. That tight match and the whole bit, it gets harder and harder.

Many players seem to be afraid of life after the football, that you want to stick to it. Was it of course for you to become a coach?

- What else should I do for something? Just like you've been doing your education to do this, I've been training my football. I do not know how many years, but there are quite a few.

Larsson strikes that obvious tone in the voice before continuing:

- There is nothing I love as much as football. If you do something then you have to be passionate about it, so it was quite natural for me to stay in the football.

Made a goal against Italy
    Behind us, the training is now in full swing. A double meeting against Italy later Sweden can be ready for the World Cup 2018.

Henrik Larsson is optimistic about the tough task.

"I think we have good chances, I think we have a good Swedish national team under Janne Andersson. Italy has not convinced, they would have taken that first place in the group, "says Larsson, adding:

"I do not know if it's my hope that speaks or what it is, but I really want Sweden to go to the World Cup.

You have met Italy.

- Yes, it's been true long time.

And scored against Italy.

- Hm ...

EM 2000.

- Yes, I did! That's right. I totally forgot. I'm getting older now and have forgotten that haha.

Larsson admits that there is something very extraordinary to meet such a big football nation.

- Clearly, it's a special opponent, one of the biggest. But I think everyone who is out there really looks forward to going out and doing it. Especially in front of a crowded Friends. It's perfect, says Henrik Larsson.

How is that feeling to step out in an arena where everything is yellow and blue?

"It's a wonderful feeling. Compared to the runway, this is significantly better. Therefore, I might have preferred Sweden to go away and finish at home. But you know ... It's a great feeling, how many people take this venue into?

Around 50 000.

"There are very many in Sweden.

"I can also kiss"
    Somewhere here, the conversation starts with things that Larsson has no desire to talk about. Instead, we start talking about this with personality.

- I always try to be myself, regardless of what I do. Then you must obviously know the situation, how it is, how to be and how to be. This is part of the social game, "says Henrik Larsson.

"I think maybe people have seen this serious side of me, but I can also kiss.

What makes you laugh then?

"Funny joke always makes me laugh. Funny events always make me laugh.

That's what, what did Henrik Larsson really like to play on Friends? Does he belong to the crowd that prefers old, enchanted venues or is newly built well?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/JPeX8/larsson-alskar-inget-sa-mycket-som-fotbollen

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Dazza likes this.
  13. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Amazing

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

“I have played against some of the best strikers there has ever been. Both Ronaldos, Roberto Baggio, Zlatan Ibrahimovic – and I can honestly say Larsson is not out of place in those names. I faced him against Celtic and Sweden and he was a player to fear." Gianluigi Buffon

https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticQuote/status/930887100131627008

Random Review, Doogs. and greengrocer like this.
  15. marco van basten 9

Fav Celtic Player:
    king of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    i read the thread about adam matthew and i have to clarify things about henrik larssons contracts with celtic when he signed for hoops -97 he cost 650k as you all now and a salary per week of arund 7-8 k -99 when he extended the contract with 3,5 year to 2003 he got 20 k per week summmer -01 he extended the contract ones more to the end of campaign 2003-04 he got 38k per week and if stayed the all 7 years he would get a loyalty bonus of 1million pound the board ask henke if he could have a testimonial so they didnt have to pay him the amount straight from budget if henrik had said no to testimonial celtic had to pay anyway so no henrik did not take the money from testimonial th board choose to take them money to pay him.2 someone said that henrik was best paid in brittian or near thats wrong!!! he was not even close to that roy keane paul scoles david beckham rio ferdinand and a couple of more in man utd had between 70-90 k per week dont know about arsenal salary of henry but he for sure was paid alot more then henke freddie ljungberg had the same amount as henrik tho,he then wrote a one year contract with barcelona with an option of extend 1year wich gave him 2 million euro so he took a pay cut because he wanted to win titles and barcelona nhad a policy to not signed contracts with player over 30 henke was almost 33 at the time you all now he extend summer -05 to leave summer 2006,3 when he signed a ten weeks contract with man utd dec -06 he became man utd best paid player of all time with a salary of 125k per week rio had 120k at the time ronaldo and rooney had 50k but the again the were youngsters of only 21 years old each of them so 50 k were alot for them.

16. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Bah that was hard to do in one breath. Also Larsson signed for Helsinborg and went on loan to United did he not? There for Helsinborg would still of been paying him.

17. marco van basten 9

Fav Celtic Player:
    king of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    like i wrote yes he signed a contract with helsingborg in jan -06 wich would start summer 06 he got 4k per week in helsingborg thats quite alot in sweden dec he was loaned out to man utd man utd paid 500k to HIF and paid 1250000 total wich is 125k per week so mam utd paid a total of 1750000 that alot for 10 weeks and they wanted to extend that contract with 2 more years

18. marco van basten 9

Fav Celtic Player:
    king of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    HL GOT 1,250000,00 for 10 weeks =125k per week and helsingborg got a compensation of 500 k not bad att all!! for loaning out a player 10 weeks an you should also now that the swedish premier league (allsvenskan) starts in april ends in november so the swedish season hadent begin when played for utd thats why he only played there for 10 weeks he said earlier this year that he regret that he not sgned a new contract with utd so he could get a medal for winning epl because you need to play 15-20 to get it he played a total of 13 games and made 3 goals should made 4 but was taking off because offside but he was onside if you go to youtube you can see the goal there write man utd vs portsmouth henrik larsson offside goal a real beauty the fans at old trafford says its greatest goal that made ther who wasent allowed.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Mr. Slippyfist

She was great in All Saints.