Exchanges

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by StPauli1916, Nov 22, 2018.

Discuss Exchanges in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Do many people on here use the exchanges ? If so which do you use ?

I have had Betfair and Betdaq accounts for years and mostly used Betfair. However since Paddy Power took them over some of their decisions have been pretty bad. The 20% Premium charges are a joke.

So this week I have joined Matchbook and Smarkets as well.

Does anyone have accounts on a few exchanges and if so how do you find them in terms of liquidity and customer service etc against each other ?

2. Nasser Gold Member Gold Member

I just use Betfair and Smarkets at the moment. I was hoping Smarkets would get more popular because of the 2% charge instead of Betfair's 5% but the liquidity is very low in the markets I like which is Boxing and MMA. I've not used the others yet but I guess it be the same with either limited market on combat sports and small liquidity. I tried to get round it and use Pinnacle on a VPN but the * wanted evidence that I live in Asia which I obviously don't have so that's no use.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Matchbook is 0% til the end of the year for new customers. They asked for id. Passport n bank statement before I even joined for some reason. A little irritating but suppose it'd better to get it out of the way before you have money tied up in the accounts. Those aren't sports I bet on but I will keep an eye on the liquidity.

Nasser likes this.