1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you find Neil Lennon to be an embarrassment?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by cat123, Mar 30, 2012.

Discuss Do you find Neil Lennon to be an embarrassment? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well said RA. Totally agree.

2. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Agree with the above.

Neil is as honest as they come but that may change if he keeps getting punished.

3. Cammaris

Neil is not an embarrassment, the fans that think he is( because they are told by hunmedia) are. I think he is frustrated man because the team doesn't perform like Celtic should.

4. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    We've had McCoist, Nicholas, Burley, Clarke, Traynor, Keevins, King, Broadfoot, Hannah, Delahunt.....(the list could go on)....at one time or another having pops at Celtic. This is to undermine our victorious league win over a distressed Rangers (who brought it on themselves!).

I've never been embarassed by Neil. It's always the huns trying to shake my immovable support for the guy.

OK he get's his selection wrong sometimes, he plays the wrong formation sometimes, makes substitutions that are weird sometimes (Zaluska on for Forster - I know it was so he got a medal!), he says things out of frustration sometimes, the players bottle it in big matches sometimes but what football manager doesn't make mistakes or have players that let him down on the day?

Yet we're supposed to believe he's not up to the job whereas fat Ally and his 6 years under Walter Smith is given lea-way because he's still a Rookie?

Give me peace.

One Neil Lennon!

5. tommybhoy6

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal, Larsson All Time
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    Neil has something like a 75% win ratio.

Still not good enough for the sheep that believe everything the journalists tell them to believe.

6. Lee Mc

Forget about a few bigots who have taken things too far, just for a minute...

Neil Lennon was hated when he played for Leicester City by most football fans in England and this was NOTHING to do with his status as an Northern Irish catholic. He is regarded as a bit of a * and sometimes he seems compelled to prove people right.

He is a bit of an idiot sometimes. He does, on occassions, come across as a arrogant * but does that make me embarrassed of him? No. Cringeworthy? Yes.

What is by FAR more embarrassing is the cult of Lennon that has developed amongst Celtic fans over the last two seasons. One day it will be important for the club to sack him if we're not achieving and this cult will ensure that the decision will be taken far too late.

7. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

He is not embarrassing. The media is for having such a view. Has he had a few outbursts? Yes. But so have most managers. That's life, people get angry, and Lennon should be angry at the SFA and their dislike of Celtic Football Club. Lennon is a man with a lot of resiliency. I'm sure if Jose Mourinho or even someone like Fergie received constant death threats and bombs in the post they would quit. But Lennon doesn't, because he loves Celtic and he doesn't give a * what the media or the SFA thinks. And I'm proud, not embarrassed of him for that.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I agree with the last part.

To be honest, I dont think he's a great manager. He's quite good, thats it. Sooner rather than later I think he will leave/sacked. By that I mean in maybe 2 years

Unless he is given money to bring real quality to CP. The team is filled with too many average-good players. We have had plenty of embarrassing results since he's been in charge.

I want him to stay, as I love him, but not as much as many people. Hopefully he turns out to be a first class manager, unfortunately, i cant see it happening.

Hope im proved wrong.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that *.

You know absolutely nothing about life up here and maybe you should do your homework before saying stuff you obviously know the square root of * all about.

Honestly can't believe Celtic fans come away with this pish.

10. Lujack

I would imagine that after what Lennon went through last season (and it wasn't "a few bigots who took things too far", it was a few bigots who did what a large portion of the Rangers supported endorsed or refused to condemn, it was a physical attack against him on the field, and it was a vicious hate campaign from the Rangers support at each of our games against them), he deserves to become a cult figure.

I have a hard time thinking of any manager who has ever gone through something like that in the modern times and independent of his solid on-field record so, he deserves admiration just for enduring.

11. Mo-Neill12

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrson + Agathe
    Dear 11 tc users who have posted 'Yes' - get a f*cking grip.

12. The The Hand

So in summary, there are hundreds of people who say he's no embarrassment - and hunners of people who say he is? [​IMG]

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    no and a pointless * question .

14. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

no here.

15. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I fail to see one single reason why the manager of my favourite football team should be an embarrassment..

SFA and referee affair last season, huns go bust this season.. and our manager should be an embarrassment... really?

16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Sums up your statement

However you are entitled to your opinion; no matter how Cringeworthy it may be.

17. Young Ceaser

At the start of the season when the huns were at the top of the league there were plenty of Celtic fans wanting Lennon sacked and plenty more who were losing faith in him, so I don't think he'd be given too much grace if he did * things up dramatically.

Your right that it isn't just the most bigoted of huns who hate him, most fans of other clubs seem to as well. I don't really understand why myself. People talk about him remonstrating on the touchline and complaining at officials but there are plenty of other managers who do the same and it probably doesn't help Lennon win popularity contests when the tv cameras cut to him whenever there's a controversial incident.

I don't know what happened but there was a wee carry on with Lomas today, complaining when we got our second goal and the cops ran up to the dugout. It's the classic kind of thing we'll probably hear little about again whereas if it was Lennon there would be a 24 page special in the papers tomorrow and the phone ins would be full of callers saying he was a disgrace all week.

18. Lee Mc

What a load of bollocks...

So Neil Lennon needs armed protection whenever we visit Ibrox? Have we appointed AK47 welding security staff at the training ground? NO

I know a lot about life in Glasgow and if you, or anyone else, think it is as bad as some paint on here then they don't know what it was like in the 50s/60s. Yes there are a few *, both Celtic and Rangers fans, who are so * simple that they are willing to take what has become banter over the years above and beyond acceptable levels but they are far from being the majority.

Most people in Glasgow are simply trying to get on with their own lives...

Neil Lennon was hated for being a * in England and in the goldfish bowl of the SPL it is more pronounced. What the * did to him, both the bomb posting and * at Hearts, was dispicable but lets not pretend that he can't live life with a reletive amount of safety. He is a family man and if he genuinly thought that he would be attacked or his life was seriously threaterned he would move back south to England and retrire from the game.

As for the "I can't believe Celtic fans would post such phish", some of us, beleive it or not can think for ourselves...

And finally, if you think only bigots hate Lennon, please explain the Catholics who also do and why the man was a hate figure for English fans ranging from Brentford - West Ham and everyone in between...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  19. Sean South 1888

Ok, who's the 12 lurking orcs who voted "yes"?

20. Sean South 1888

Never read so much claptrap in all my life. :56:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.