1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dangerous play this season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Random Review, Apr 14, 2019.

Discuss Dangerous play this season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    As much as I agree with you, you very rarely get those if you don’t go down. If the refs start refereeing properly then players won’t feel the need

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If the referees start refereeing properly football won’t be as entertaining.

3. clonbhoy

But that's the problem! Everyone then starts chucking themselves to the ground and the game becomes an embarrassment! Well, more of an embarrassment!
    If I was a neutral today I would have applauded Thomson for that. The problem here is the consistency.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's not really the topic of the thread; but FWIW I don't think Forrest deserved a yellow.

The key words are "unfair advantage". I think you deserve a yellow for diving when you aren't fouled in order to fool the ref into giving a foul. I also think you deserve a yellow if you have been fouled and you dive to try and get your opponent a yellow. I don't think you deserve a yellow when you are fouled and go down a bit easy because you don't trust Scottish referees to spot the tug, because it's not gaining an unfair advantage.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. clonbhoy

I can only speak for myself, but football is getting less and less entertaining year on year.

Random Review likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I literally only watch Celtic now. Totally fallen out of love with what the game has become.

7. clonbhoy

I disagree. By going down a bit easy you are trying to referee the game yourself. That in itself should be a yellow card offence, regardless of our own views of the refereeing in Scotland.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That is the problem, in situations like that if refs start blowing for the foul without players going down, players will stop going down. I agree with the booking but it was a foul.

This is majorly off topic but.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Nonsense mate.

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It can go that far at times. I think we probably need more assistants TBH. I'd probably have 6 assistants myself (know I'll get pelters for saying this).

11. clonbhoy

I think that would over-egg the pudding. Those lads behind the goal never did anything!

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We just need VAR mate

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oh no, I totally agree. I just think it'll be a while yet. We'll probably be one of the last nations in Europe to adopt it, we're so backwards sometimes. Or at least the blazers that run our game are.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I mean in the debates on football. If every decision was right there would be far less to debate.
    Human error is acceptable, I don’t want VAR for every decision, I want the refs to read the game.

15. freitassen

I watch the portuguese league, which makes extensive use of VAR. Frankly, it is a * circus.

The decisions largely benefit Benfica and Porto, just as it used to be the case before. They continue to be every bit as controversial as before, and, what is my biggest grudge against it, the game became farcical. A goal happens, the TV commentator and even the fans refrain from believing it until they are absolutely sure it won't go to VAR, and you only hear the roar and the commentator with an excited voice by the time the kickoff is happening.

The issue with refereeing in scotland is mostly badly intended, corrupt referees with secret allegiances. VAR will just be yet another weapon for them to * us over.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I really, really disagree with this.

Look at the likes of the debate regarding the penalty for City during the week there, absolute spot on decision according to the rule book, everycunt has a different view on it. That debate will never get shut down, because bias and then fundamentally disagreeing with the way some rules are interpretated.

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Anyway, on for the triple treble still.

18. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No, let humans make the decisions & we will be ok. Obviously if they are unbiased it’s better.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m not saying replace referees with non-humans :56:

20. freitassen

Frankly, it amuses me how people have the cheek to moan about why the scottish national team is bad and the current crop of players sucks when this is a league that basically rewards dirty behaviour.

We have very good grounds to believe that the usual indiscipline of Aberdeen in important games is an instruction coming from above. We had Jayden Stockley smashing Tierney's face last year, Scott McKenna flying-scissoring Edouard out of the game in what the referee didn't even consider to be a foul, and to be fair, Aberdeen rarely finishes with 11 men against the huns either.

It is very clear their scumbag of a manager instructs the players to compensate their lack of ability with kicking that he knows it will be forgiven. What Ball did today would get a criminal prosecution here in Sweden (yes, I saw similar incidents in ice hockey, and I am bringing ice hockey because you don't have such savages roaming around in football, getting the police and the courts involved). Instead it will get the same 1 or 2 match ban, at best, they want to give Brown for celebrating a victory. McInnes is already playing the victim card, saying that Ball did nothing wrong, and didn't even mention concern with our hospitalized player. He basically enjoyed the headbutt.

The consequence is, most likely Christie will miss the next round of international football again, in a team that is badly needing him. Frankly if I were the coach I would pull out all of ours players from the scottish team if Ball doesn't get the book thrown at him.