1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Damning indictment of our forward planning, in regards to priority positions ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jul 18, 2019.

Discuss Damning indictment of our forward planning, in regards to priority positions ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We all know what you're like. One of these * that won't say a bad word about the club so you can act the better fan. It's sad.

Some of us don't care how we'll be viewed by fellow fans on an internet forum and like to voice our concerns.

For the record, I think we have a pretty decent squad already this season but I can understand why some folk think we need to strengthen. I don't feel the need to look down on them though. Unlike some.

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Panty wetters. There you go again being a complete * because a few guys think we need to sign some players :56:

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Who is looking down on anybody?

Seems to me like you think you are the better fan because you think you have concerns and we don't.

See what I done there? I flipped it on you.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Would you rather I called you a hysterical sausage jockey? I won't do that though.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't think anybody on the forum believes we don't need a few signings still..

clonbhoy and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Bravo

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

See once we sign a RB the dafties will move on to complaining about a striker. Get a striker they'll move onto a DM. Get a DM it will be something else.

Ad nauseum

8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yet they'll jump all over guys saying it :43:

Keano88 likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ah * knows man..

Every single fan knows we need player's in. Lenny keeps saying it his self..

It's just how hysterical that it get's in here during it all..

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right guys, cut out the personal insults, there really is no need for name calling.

Also... @Sean Daleer and @Bobo Balde please take it to the Huddle and keep it in there.

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

I don't think it's been that bad. The right back thing has a few folk wound up but apart from that it's not been as bad as we've seen. The fear of Tierney leaving is also playing on folks opinions as well.

We've not had any threads predicting a huns league win yet :84:

12. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    BINGO, that’s the whole point of the exercise! Congratulations! Reduce the wage bill while still adding to and refreshing the first team squad.

The harsh economics of our accounts show that a wage bill of £57-60M per annum is insane, especially on a bloated first team squad with guys on a minimum of £5K (I'm being conservative) per week who will never kick a ball for us. 5 of those deadweights off the wage bill for starters.

Other first team picks will come and go which will allow us to shuffle the decks with the bigger wages between outgoing players and new recruits.

Peter Lawwell’s annual bonus is an expenditure I totally disagree with. He is worth his actual wage, but his bonus should be capped at no more than 50% of his, ahem, basic. That instantly shaves 1.5 million off the wage bill.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Agreed..

Elhamed I imagine will play right back until we sign one, so we're covered there for now..

If we actually signed that first team right back everyone wants then this place wouldn't be too bad and our side would look pretty decent..

Add to that if Turnbull didn't have David Murray knees we'd have a goal scoring midfielder already in..

Right back in first. Box to box midfielder who can chip in with goals and assists. A forward..

That's probably all we need to be really really strong this season first team wise..

14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not saying I agree with Lawwell's bonus, I don't know what he has to achieve to get it but he's well respected in the football world and would be offered a lot more by other clubs so that's something we can't just disregard. 8 in a row and a Treble Treble suggests he's doing something right.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye between the Turnbull affair, the right back situation and the Tierney speculation it's been a bit chaotic at times but we still have a decent enough squad. When Arzani, Rogic, Shved and Bayo are all ready to play we'll be in a better position. Hopefully the new guy can do s job at right back but we still need another one anyway. Ralston is far from good enough.

Another guy in the mould of Scott Brown would be handy as we'll be lucky to get another season out him after this, I think.

Striker wise. I think Bayo will be handy if we plan on throwing crosses into the box.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:50:

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Once (if?) we get a proper right back in I think we'll be in decent shape. I'd settle for that as far as permanent signings go for this window to be honest.

Add in a few loan deals in for cover, probably after the English window closes and they need to trim their playing squads, and I think we'll be fine. Obviously I'd prefer permanent deals, but some loans will do until we get the scouting system sorted, hopefully in time for the January window.

That's all assuming we don't sell anyone right enough.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Most Celtic fans, regardless of age can recognise when we need strengthening and when we’ve failed to build on our success..

I don’t buy into this 90s/Celtic Da pish, it’s just that a lot of pish..

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just more labels to dismiss someone's argument without having to engage with it*. Happy clappers, Celtic Da's, wee fannies, internet rebels, keyboard rebels, panty wetters, Lawwell lovers, Lenny fanboys, über Tims...

We all do it sometimes (me included) and it leads absolutely nowhere even when it's accurate (and it often isn't), because it's purely ad hominum.

* or after the argument has gone round in circles too many times and you're sick of it.

Lilac Wine and JC Anton like this.
  20. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I'd still be happy letting go off

Gordon
    Ralston
    Hendry
    Miller
    Eboue
    Ntcham
    Sinclair

Ideally

Gk
    Rb
    Cb
    Cm
    Striker/number 7

That should bring us in 14-18m and happy to sign 3 out of them 5 with 2 on loan. Especially if they were loans with fixed fee to buy

Can we still get loans from EPL if their transfer window shuts and ours remain open for them 3 weeks or so