Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Drakhan, Apr 8, 2016.

Discuss Coping with Depression, Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health Illnesses in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wd2oo3

I said I’d never be able to talk to someone but I did and it was actually easier than I thought .

You have acknowledged you need help so your on the right track .

Im still going through ups and downs with my mental problems this year and it’s been a long road. You might say to yourself when will it get better as it feels like it’s never going to but keep picking urself up

Talk to your work and see what they offer . My job gave me counciling sessions and time off. I’ve posted a few times in this thread with links and info I found useful. I’ll go find them and send some links you might find helpful .

ThatBhoyLarsson and Fabenzofi like this.
  2. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    class from you mate

wd2oo3 likes this.
  3. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    some of you might still remember me I used to post here all the time, I had a pretty bad accident in a motor cycle and things weren’t the same for a while after that, I fully recovered at least physically but mentally things weren’t the same for some reason. Doctors never diagnosed anything wrong but strangely I fell into depression and anxiety problems Shortly after that, I was doing good in every aspect I could imagine had a great beautiful family had economic stability but didn’t know why I worried so much about the stupidest things possible, I finally decided to talk to people I thought could help me, I spoke to priests, and professional psychologists, they helped a lot but all they could conclude was that I had a lot of guilt feelings built because of me cheating on my wife and doing certain things to people that didn’t deserve it based on what I told them. yes it helped a lot and it helped me go through the problem, I never fully recovered, after the depression, anxiety came and I was able to learn to cope with it and control it with medication and with taking advice from this professionals, everything seemed better for a while.

a little longer that a year ago I found out something that was going on at exactly those days that just put me all the way back to square 1, I’ve never had any negative feelings but I’m just not happy any more and this time it seems way more difficult to talk to people about it .
    and sometimes I think I’m going to go crazy because I don’t know what to do. My life are my 3 kids but this * is killing me that they notice and they don’t see me the same any more.

thanks for letting me type here and sorry for my English I should have gotten better at it by now.

4. leeso-ardoyne

Sounds like your having a * of a time! Being very busy can keep kicking the can down the road and once you get time for yourself, it can hit you like a ton of bricks!

Definitely look into talking to someone as getting it of your chest does help. This is going to sound like something daft but definitely go for walks,if your near the countryside going for walks there helps immensely! You get time to clear the head while out and about rather than walking in town/city eye balling everycunt as your walking.

You'll see ive mentioned this before on here, look into cleaning up what you eat as this also has a massive impact on one's mental health. One seriously can't expect to get better while punishing themselves with bad food choices. Eat nutrient dense foods, get extra vitimans into you. You'll be able to deal with all the * things in life when you do. I've been stressed to * lately with everything going on in life/work etc.. again and I can tell you fact, cleaning up one's diet and training/walks does help massively! I'm.back to doing cold showers and the wim Hoff breathing exercises and again, this is excellent. In saying all this though, I've been lying in the horrors for 2 days after a heavy drinking session on Thursday night, Friday didn't leave the bedroom apart from going to the ensuite for a * a few times. Eating * I wouldn't normally eat and now wanting the ground to open up and swallow me up feeling!

Another suggestion for others on the health side of things. I've been making my own kombucha for improving my microbiam in one's gut. Anyone with depression, anxiety and other mental issues. It isn't just in your brain you need to sort out, your gut has alot to play on one's mental health aswell. It's a fermented tea that has trillions of good bacteria, b vitimans etc.. I've notice my.mental State, anxiety levels in a better place when I drink this even if I'm not doing all the rest mentioned above .

Screenshot_20191005-115203~2.png Screenshot_20191005-115203~3.png Screenshot_20191005-115443~3.png

5. wd2oo3

All great stuff mate.

The forward planning with something later on the year can help too something to work toward and build upon . More self control.

Making a list of things that you enjoy doing for example my ones were cooking/baking going to see friends clean house, football, bath bombs flowers in the garden etc

One of my main bullet points was learn how to live again because I felt like there was no point doing much for myself because it was only for me so I felt no point in cleaning after I ate or do the washing.

Negative and positive people in your life . Done this in a session I had. Make a list of good ppl you have And bad influences. The bad folks need to go for a while until you have sorted ur own self out. The good people - try one day a week go to see them get out the house to visit or invite them over for dinner .

I done what you did lie in bed watching the football drinking smoking all the rest of it. Absolutely rotten thinking back. Alcohol fixes nothing it only leads to worse things . I was drinking every day at one point and thought it was amusing. My clicking moment how bad my alcohol intake was when I seen I had 3/4 bottle whisky in around two hours one Sunday night and when I went to pour another I looked the bottle asked myself why I wasn’t drunk I couldn’t even feel it . I phoned my family there and then went over and stopped the drink.

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This might soud strange but since you mentioned your kids, why not ask them what they really think and ask them for help to have them see you as they would like to see you.
    You might be surprised because there is nothing worse than losing the love of your kids.
    They might be afraid to say but just tell them that you need their help to get back to the way they want you to be.

Fabenzofi likes this.
  7. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If the concious wants something different from the subconcious,how do i know which one is telling the truth?And which one is which?

Anybody else write there dreams down?Been doing it recently,although if the minds got something that it wants to tell me why no do it in plane english or glaswegian.Whats with all the cryptic puzzle bullshit that only carl jung could make sense of .

8. leeso-ardoyne

Here's two books Im reading at the moment that people with depression should read. They are going to show you how weak some people actually are in the mundane comfort we all seek and how to over come your demons. These 2 I would class as super human for how they've over came their adversity and when live * them, they give it back and royally * their demons!
    If you could just take some of what they have mentally, your life will be better. In saying that, I was 15secs into a freezing shower after a gym session and said to myself, what in the name of good * am I doing, turn the heat up haha. It does take A strong mind to stuck it out!

IMG-20191008-WA0000~2.jpeg

ChrisMoh likes this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Used to write them down all the time.
    Got about 8 half finished novels and a completed short story done, so far.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  10. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Thanks very much for the advice guys, class advice and Im 100% going to take it on. Have a week off work next week so Im gonna sort * out and go talk to a counsellor. Definitely going to look at my diet as well everytime I get stressed now I have the * it's a * disaster:56:

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
  12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    aye just been doing cold showers again recently, the pipes will icing up for the winter.always that we bit harder to fling yourself under it in the winter:56:.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  13. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    got a talk coming up for college that im dreading,as I need to stand up in front of everyone.honestly think the last time a done that was primary school at one of the nativity plays.,im usually a jumbled mess when doing things like that.was going to say * you to it and not do it,but I wont get any where with that attitude.

Anyway been practising my verbal and talking skills.by videoing myself with my camera, reading bobby sands poems,to try build my self esteem and confidence.

tarboltontim and Seán Mac D like this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You'll smash it mate.

If there's any chance of doing it a few times to a smaller audience, even family or friends then get it done.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Keep the heid just now.

We are working on bringing you home.

Don Shaleer and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ooops, got that wrong.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Tagged the wrong post I think mate.

@Aberama Gold

Don Shaleer likes this.
  18. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    If it helps to talk and get some of your frustration out pm me.

Don Shaleer likes this.
  19. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Cheers.

Don Shaleer and Seán Mac D like this.
  20. Tim-Time 1888 Winner UEFA Champs League Last 16 prediction comp Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Don't look at anyone in particular, talk to the back of the room, have what you are needing to say written down and keep reading and practicing it until the night and you'll be fine.
    As for feeling nervous/confidence I have no idea now how many times I have spoke to groups of all sizes and i still get nervous and I don't know anyone that doesn't get nervous either.

ChrisMoh and obafgkmlt like this.