1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Manager Centre back Syndrome

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Jun 24, 2018.

Discuss Celtic Manager Centre back Syndrome in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubliner1

Jack Hendry - this is a lad who was released by Wigan last year. He was deemed not good enough for a League 1 team. 1 yr later we buy him for over 1 million pound from a very poor Dundee team. That to me says it all. He is NOT the answer to our centre back issues

bhoy81 and LectersLuncheon like this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hendry is defo a project at 24 in terms of the level he is now playing at, there’s scope for improvement, especially physically then he can be counted as a project. Hard to know how much better he will get or if he will ever be more than a squad player..

Some would argue Boyata has played so little in his career that he too has a lot to learn about his game. Unfortunately I can’t see him ever being the player we need to take us up a level..

It’s glaring we need quality in there.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He was with Wigan when they were in the Championship. I would say they never gave him a chance apart from a couple of sub appearances. I remember Barnet fans complaining as they released a 16 year old a contract and let him go, 2 months later Chelsea picked him up. Sometimes clubs just don't utilise or spot the talent. He may not be the answer, but I am not going to write him off as I think he has been fine so far, nothing stand out but no real mistakes. 23 is still a young age in football and I think he can improve.

oldpat likes this.
  4. freitassen

Thats a good point. Maybe why we lose or draw the games where he takes part is because of this formation that doesn't work

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No one said he is, but he’s got potential and is a good back up at least.