1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottlers...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Officer Doofy, Apr 15, 2012.

Discuss Bottlers... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oranBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzaguire
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    At least back then we knew we were *, we were skint & we knew things could only get better,, now we have 40 odd players in our squad.. the huns are on there knees ,we were well on our way to a treble then we cant beat 2 * mobs like hearts & killie at the national stadium..

we have the players & potential to be a great team. but poor team selection and tactics by our manager is causing us to fail when it comes to the big games time and time again ..yet because of all the * that has happened to him in some fans eyes it makes him immune to criticism & that frutrates me no end!

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I stopped right at the bolded bit.

no offence pal but your post is full of *.

3. croppyobhoy

:47:bottlers again, but it's down to the managers choice of players, keeeps changing this team about, and can't make a game change to alter when it's needed, other good managers can see this in a game, how many big games has he * up

4. Artur Boruc #1

Funny time to bring that point up as Lenny only made one, injury related, change to the team today. A team that won 6 nil last week.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't because there is nothing surer than him getting slated if he had actually made changes to the team today.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though.

5. oranBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzaguire
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    how arent the huns on there knees then tell me???

& im not your pal but i wont stoop to your level of insults

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Come on now, you are a smart lad, you know why the huns aren't on their knees... yet.

They are still operating with a squad built on millions of pounds, money that didn't belong to them but still assembled with lots and lots and lots of money that didn't belong to them.

they might be on their knees on paper but it hasn't happened yet.

Surely you don't need me to tell you that?

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I lost count of the amount of folk who said they wished Lenny played through the middle like he done against Killie every week.

Now it doesn't work and all of a sudden he got it wrong.

Far too many laptop managers on here and tbf too many wannabe managers at the game as well.

Tbf we were crying out for some natural width today, width we just didn't have.

Dylan and Vic came on and done more in 10 minutes than Lustig and Brown/Sammy/Ki (all had a stint on the right) did in 80 minutes.

And yes I'm well aware I just indulged in some laptop management but to be fair I'm right and everybody else is wrong :bbpd:

8. oranBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Izzaguire
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    they had to sell jelavic cos they where so skint.. & miller last year.. & they are all on wage cuts, they had the young boy (who name escapes me) leave to free up wages, they couldnt resign cousin & added to that naismith being injured, etc etc the list goes on & on and if thats not them on their hun scabby knees then what is??

Im not saying we wouldnt have won the title cos i think we wouldve but we shouldve won it with style at ipox. & i think with the players we have that if we had a decent manager in charge this season we would have won the treble instead of the league & losing the other two trophies to diddy teams.

Theres something wrong in the management of our team and it is there for all to see , we can bury our head in the sand & hope that Lennon is going to become some great manager & learn to act responsibly.. but i for one cant see it!

9. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

So * if we're "bottlers", we're "bottlers" who have won the * league.

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Adding to my earlier post in this thread where I pointed out the youth of our team and coaching staff I would also say we have to flat out say we are not quite all the way there with our team in a few spots. At center back for instance I still feel we need to find a Paul Elliott Mark Reiper Johan Mjallby type. Up front we lack a real quality big strong target man type forward. You could make arguments for a true midfield playmaker as well. But for me the physical center back and strong target man type forward are the 2 biggest holes we have in our team. Hopefully during the summer we can bring in some real quality in those 2 areas.
    We certainly should be able to free up some space on the wage bill this summer with the moving on of guys who's contracts are up such as Darren O'Dea and the selling of fringe players like Daryl Murphy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

21 victories in a row.

26 domestic games unbeaten.

Where were you chief?

12. leicceltmurph67

im afraid we have to look at the true grit of this team ...and its sadly lacking ....its a captains job to motivate the troops ..we should be beating these teams ..with no excuses ...the whole chasing refs and sfa thing makes us look cheap ..whats the point in looking at camera angles and questioning refs after the event ...whats done is done...we need to be looking at this team and changing it very soon .. unfortunatley last seasons woes have re-occured ..no keyal in the middle no steel...we need a quality defender to sit next to rogne ..why does charlie get shifted every other week ..he,s either a centre-half or a mid or left def...why look for players to be multi-positional...and we need a target-man who gets physical up front

13. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    And with the same group of players how many has he got right?

I suppose the 20 game winning streak for the league to get us on top was full of games that he * up on too :87:

Just continue looking at the bad one's though and to * with the good games eh.

14. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Had to have a wee chuckle at your name because you really do just crop up to spout negative bile about Celtic. It's as if you thrive off these sort of threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lie down Croppybhoy lie down :rolleyes:

16. Celtic_Jorge

I think its our back 4 that consistently bottle these games more than anywhere else. Just a bunch of young inexperienced guys who do nothing but shake in their boots. Mulgrew and Wanyama were the only two players in the back worth the weight of their jersey tops as far as I can see. I mean * sake its just nothing but 2-3 on 1 with our keeper sometimes in these big games. It amazes me that it was just 2-1 today, it could have easily been 3-1 or 4-1 (arguably we should have scored more goals, too, with Ki's lack of heading ability). If this game showed us anything it is that Celtic absolutely MUST spend more money in the back if we are going to see any progress at all in Europe next season. And it cannot be on any more young and inexperienced players. The board is just going to have to come up with the cash to bring us in some experience. Players like K. Wilson, Blackman, Cha, and Loovens might just barely cut it in the SPL sans the old firm derbies but we will get no where in Europe with the likes of them.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mulgrew had a shocker today.

18. Celtic_Jorge

Hes been absolutely superb both in major games and in games against diddy teams ~all season long~ so I think we can forgive him for that. The aforementioned have not been stellar like Charlie has been.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You seemed like you were just talking about today.

You can add Rogne, Matthews, and Izzy to your list then.

20. Celtic_Jorge

I was primarily. But I am talking about players that really shouldn't be our only options when it comes to major games like this. We need to add experienced defenders to our squad if we are going to survive in Europe next year.

Izzy seems to be still struggling since his injury and was just very unlucky this year. Last year he was amazing and I hope that he gets back to his best soon.

Rogne has bottled a few games but he is still too young I think. I'd like to keep him but he shouldn't be first choice in games like this either.

Matthews is experienced and I'd like to see him stay as well. He was sick.

All the more reason why we have got to spend money on the back four for next season and not just on strikers. We can't afford to have a bunch of inexperienced players and bottlers to pick from in the back four like we were forced to pick from for a * semi-final. :31: