1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Big favour - if anyone has Celtic's 2015/16 third kit please can you tell me if mine is authentic?

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Oohaahsamaras, Jun 6, 2018.

Discuss Big favour - if anyone has Celtic's 2015/16 third kit please can you tell me if mine is authentic? in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Oohaahsamaras

Hi all, I've been a long time non-poster but thought now was a good time to change that - however, sorry for the first selfish post here.

Basically I bought Celtic's most recent Bumblebee shirt on eBay (daft I know) but it's for a pal who had been looking for the long sleeve/no sponsor variant for a while so I was trying to be helpful. Anyway the seller said the usual - it's authentic, they'd bought it direct from NB pre season, etc. and I just wanted to be sure before gifting it to my friend who would probably not be very impressed with a fake. So where better than the one and only Talk Celtic - I was hoping a lovely person would have an old legit shirt lying around so you could take photos of it for comparison to confirm whether my shirt is real or not.

Basically from photos online my main doubts are the positioning of the NB DRY and hologram which appear to touch the final hoop on most photos but not here, as well as the cross on the back of the neck - my one doesn't have the years 1888 and 2015 on either side like the ones I've seen online, and it also looks quite small which raised some doubts too ...

I've heard NB's quality is questionable on legitimate shirts anyway so the fact it feels quite thin and flimsy probably doesn't mean anything. Anyway I've either hit the jackpot with a brand new no sponsor long sleeve top or been had (more likely here), but would appreciate your expert advice. Thank you lovely people! Here are the pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks in advance and sorry for my first post being so demanding!! :brendy:

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ignore me, didn’t recognise it.

Oohaahsamaras likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Looks legit..

4. Oohaahsamaras

I don't blame you, it's quite a subtle and understated kit that could have easily been missed...

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Did we ever wear it in a match?

6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Looks 100% real. The clear packet looks the same as the one you buy in store.

7. Oohaahsamaras

Not any of the ones I'd like to remember.. [​IMG]

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yep that's legit

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Some fakes you get from China have everything the authentic tops do but maybe they’ve just been positioned wrong. They also come with the Celtic/NB tags and in the clear packaging.

I had a fake home top from Ronny’s last season and the Celtic Cross on the back was far too big, so you are right to look at things like that. If the original is meant to have the 1888 and 2015 on it, then this is probably a fake. I don’t know what it’s meant to be though :39:

Also, the fit is different in the fakes. They don’t usually have any taper in it. And look out for a slightly off colour too.

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I just compared it with my top there and it's looks legit. But just one of those things you wont know until you wash it, I bought 2 seasons ago top off ebay and everything seemed fine until a few washes and it started falling apart.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

12. Oohaahsamaras

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone, really appreciate it.

I got concerned about the cross on the back after I saw this picture but it looks like it could have been a pre-release mock up, who knows :39: however the positioning of the NBDry text and hologram seem to vary in a lot of the pictures. [​IMG]

I'm guessing the Celtic kit doesn't have an additional hologram on the inside washtags like this season's Liverpool kit then?

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’ve still got the original shirt and mines hasn’t got the 1888 or 2015 on the cross.

14. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Wore it in the draw in amsterdam

15. Oohaahsamaras

That's great thank you, and no hologram on the inner wash label either? :57: