1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Betting question

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by The Maestro, Mar 24, 2014.

Discuss Betting question in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Maestro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Malley
    Anyone help with this?

Had a fiver winner on a winner at 11/8 so should have got about 12 quid but only got 9 , when I contacted them they say it was because of a rule 4 when a horse withdraws, on my winning receipt it says rule 4 deduction 0 though.

When I put this to the guy he said it was a technical error so I said well surely you should go with the betting receipt, I said change my receipt then, he said they can't, not bothered about the money as it's only a couple of quid but the guy got right on my * with his attitude.

Anyone know if they are allowed to do this?

Event: 2.20 Taunton - Taunton
    Market: Win
    Selection: Stow
    Odds: 11/8 (each way 1/1 first 1)
    SP: 4/6
    Event date/time: 24/03/14 at 14:20
    Resulted: Yes - Won
    Rule 4 deductions: 0

2. Markybhoy

I'm not sure tbh. Was the horse that withdrew the favourite or second favourite? If the withdrawn horse was one of the fancied ones then they've probably adjusted the price of yours due to that.

It does seem a bit strange that they seem to have adjusted the price on your receipt yet the Rule 4 deductions still says zero.

3. shaun.f

2 n/r. Doesnae say w/d

4. The Maestro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Malley
    It's just the fact they have took it even though the receipt reads 0 deductions, like I say it was only a couple of quid but what if I had a ton on it, just thought they would need to honour the receipt, bawbags the lot of them:icon_mrgreen:

5. Steve Works

Yes. It's usual. And it makes sense. Think of a football match between two teams, one having very high stakes. If that team is disqualified, it's only expected that you won't get the full amount of money.