1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[XBox] Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Sean Daleer, Aug 11, 2014.

Discuss Assassin's Creed Series in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

How good are these games? Amazing stuff.

I mind my son getting Assassin's Creed years ago and me giving it a go now and again but I wasn't impressed so never finished it. Mind you back then I was lucky if I got an hour on his console when he wasn't using it so I was right out of the loop with games and immersing myself in them.

However he got the PS4 for Christmas and I got his 360 so I can play as much as i like. Bought a few games and completed them so was bored oot ma * one night, seen he had Assassin's Creed 2 downloaded onto the hard drive so jumped in for a go.

Holy. *. *!

Amazing game and I've since went out and bought all the back catalogue, not totally in order though.

Easily some of the best games I've played. Close combat is too easy at times but the climbing puzzles, the regeneration of the areas, the battles on the high seas (ACIII), the storyline... Man I am completely hooked on them now.

Think I am now up to Black Flag which I haven't got yet, I'm playing Brotherhood just now even though I've already played Revelations.

Think I went

AC2
    AC
    Revelations
    AC3
    Brotherhood

Getting them all cheap as * off ebay and in cash generator so it's all good.

2. Sonny7

A played the first one of this few years back and lasted 30 minutes and turned it off. Didn't really give it a chance tbh but wasn't really feeling it. Going to buy the second one and give it another chance and work my way up through them all if there good. There pretty cheap to buy now.

Watched the trailer for the latest one coming out and it looked quality.

3. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Black Flag is the best out of them all. New one looks different class right enough.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:35:

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You can pick them up for under a fiver now mate, right up to but not including Black Flag (the latest, although the new one is out soon).

Check ebay and cash generator etc...

6. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    AC 2 is immense, I haven't played a lot of games but alongside FarCry 3 they're the only games I actually tried to complete 100%. Just got totally in to it.

7. Sonny7

Yeh checked Amazing really cheap. Checking Wiki this the order they came out

Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed II
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

A want go back to the first one, but will start from the 2nd game. Just bought AC2 & AC Brotherhood on Amazon for £6.84 for both including delivery seems good.

What's the best out of AC2 and Brotherhood?

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I would have to say AC2. Brotherhood and Revelations are basically extensions of AC2 (same dynamics, graphics, gameplay etc)

All three are quality though and advance the storyline brilliantly.

Brotherhood is * quality though, but I'm only 30% synched in the game so far and I'm trying to do all the side missions as much as I can before advancing the main storyline.

9. Sonny7

Excellent mate:50: Looking forward to it, kids back to school on Wednesday will get plenty of computer time back thank *:56:

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Favourite series:50:

Black Flag has probably been my favourite so far, followed closely by AC2. Can't wait for Unity! The thought of running around Paris with a couple of mates is...

[​IMG]

11. Moustache

It's probably one of my favourite game series, but it did lose it's way for a while. I absolutely despise the modern day sections (apparently they're moving away from the current storyline in Unity thankfully).

In order for me it probably goes

Assassins Creed 2 - The best overall. The characters are well developed, the story was interesting and it addressed all the issues from the first game.

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - It was a fun game, but the story was pretty lacking. The antagonists were almost Revelations bad at points, and I think after Connor they played it too safe with Edward.

Assassins Creed 3 - It was a toss up between this and the original for third place. The story wasn't great, certain characters got no development whatsoever, and it felt a bit too pro USA. That's not me saying I support the British Empire or anything, but the games are at their best when there's no 'good' side (although they did try)

Assassins Creed - Very repetitive, but a good game. The Templars were interesting and sympathetic, something the devs haven't really managed since.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - I was excited for this when it was announced, but I found it really boring. The story was weaker than 2, and it just felt like an unnecessary sequel.

Assassins Creed: Revelation - Definitely the low point of the series. It didn't need to exist, the story was awful, the antagonists were dire, and the most important part of the game was kept for DLC.

I'm excited for Unity (I've wanted them to do the French Revolution since it was first rumoured as the setting for Assassins Creed 2), and Rouge sounds like an interesting twist on the series.

I'm not sure if you know about it mate, but there's also Assassins Creed (3): Liberation. It's a spinoff with a female assassin set in New Orleans (around about the same time as AC:3). It was a Vita exclusive originally, but they released an upgraded version for the PS3 & 360. It's only available on the PSN store or Xbox Marketplace, there wasn't a physical release.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Nice one cheers mate.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I read a blog once that said that Assassin's Creed is the spiritual successor to Prince of Persia.

Having never played Prince of Persia is this true and can you recommend any of those titles?

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm surprised they haven't went for a (main story) female protagonist yet, considering about 80% of the civilians you recruit are female.

15. Moustache

No worries, cant vouch for the quality personally but it's meant to be alright.

I've read that before myself, but other than the fact that they're both owned by Ubisoft I don't see it.

- The games are linear action adventures, not open world like Assassins Creed

- There's parkour elements in Prince of Persia, but its closer to what you see in Uncharted or Tomb Raider

- They're both set in the past, but PoP takes a more mystical/magic approach, rather than AC's grounded (with occasional out there sci-fi) style.

The Sands of Time trilogy (Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones) would be the games to play if you're interested . They came out on PS2, Xbox, PC (not sure about GameCube) originally, but they released a HD upgrade/remaster for the PS3.

There was a reboot back in 2008, but it flopped and they've seemingly abandoned that series.

Then there was The Forgotten Sands which released a few yeas ago. It came out at the same time as the movie, but it's set between the first and second game in the Sands of Time series (it got average to decent reviews).

There's been rumors, plus some leaked images (which were actually used in Black Flag) of a reboot which is supposedly going to be an AC styled game.

Honestly, it comes down to studios worrying about sales. Despite the fact that the Tomb Raider reboot sold well, most devs/publishers aren't confident about female lead games. It's not to dissimilar from the film industry in some respects.

Ubisoft actually got a lot of criticism after the Assassins Creed Unity co-op reveal, because none of the characters are female. They claimed it's more expensive/difficult to render female characters, and that was ultimately the deciding factor.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Cheers for all the info Moustache. :50:

Funny you should mention about the female renders. I read an article the other day about women being charged about £2 extra to play Minecraft for that very reason. There is a lot of grumbling going on about it.

No doubt it's still about 80% men crying about the fact they can't play as a wummin. :smiley-laughing002:

17. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    Oh my * the naval combat in black flag is immense. Especially during a storm with the rogue waves.

18. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    The prince of persia games were brilliant but there's none really worth buying for current consoles. Warrior Within was the best one on the PS2.

19. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Black Flag was immense!! Much better than the last couple which were *.

I cannot wait for the new one, looks great. Hopefully they get better and better now with the next gen. Such a beautiful game.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

AC3 was a huge disappointment. The trailers were amazing and I loved the idea of it being set in America during that period. Thought it needed a shake up in terms of moving from a city full of huge buildings to smaller cities with smaller buildings.

Turned out to be a bad move. The setting was gash, Connor was pretty gash as well. The most boring assassin so far. I liked the combat though and the tomahawk was amazing. Felt the bow could have been far better though.

Black Flag is my favourite so far. Really didn't like the naval combat in AC3 but they perfected it in BF - it was brilliant. Edward was great, he's my favourite assassin so far. The shanties were great as well. And the setting was stunning.

Sailing on the ocean at night with the lanterns on and the crew singing makes me Randy Marsh.