1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

Jan The Man That Stayed a Bhoy

It emerged today that Dutch international Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has turned down the overtures of Turkish giants Galatasaray in order to prolong his career at Parkhead. In the process of doing so it has also been reported that Jan has turned down a significant increase in wages from the big spending Turks.

Vennegoor of Hesselink has been a mainstay in the hoops ever since his £3.4 million transfer from PSV Eindhoven in 2006 and has scored several huge goals for the club both domestically and in Europe. A return of 38 goals from...
Group E for Electric, Exhilarating, Ecstacy?

This evening, in the lavish surroundings of the Principality of Monaco, Celtic were drawn in Group E of the Champions League along with European Champions Manchester United, Spanish side Villareal CF and Aalborg BK of Denmark.

Manchester United:

The draw marks another fabled 'Battle of Britain' as once again the Champions of Scotland face the Champions of England in European competition. Both sides have collided at this stage of the competition before of course, in 2006/07, with both securing a win a piece at home. Strachan's reaction to pulling out the reigning champions was typically tongue in cheek;

“I had a funny feeling that we would get Man United. I was down south earlier in the week and I took in their game against Portsmouth. I just had a wee feeling when I was watching that game, so I suppose I got my scouting in...
It’s that time again - Old Firm weekend

This Sunday, Celtic and Rangers will go head to head at Celtic Park in what many call the biggest derby match in world football - the Old Firm match.

I can hardly believe it, to be honest; it’s already been over four months since Barry Robson blasted a second half penalty, and subsequent winner, past stand-in Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander at Parkhead to signal the start of Celtic’s proper title challenge. That victory spurred the Celts on to a seemingly relentless charge to retaining their SPL crown, while the Gers’ hopes of a quadruple were smashed at the hands of Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg in the Uefa Cup final, and they had to be content with the scant consolation of the domestic cup double.

Well, a lot has happened since the end of last...
Maloney Shines As Celts Win

Born-again bhoy Maloney stole the show today at Celtic Park as a McManus header and a brace from Georgios Samaras gave Celtic a comfortable league victory over Falkirk.

With rivals Rangers only managing a 1-1 draw with Aberdeen earlier in the day, the onus was on Celtic to try to secure first place in the SPL going into next week's Old Firm Derby. Last season's top-scorer Scott McDonald was ruled out with a groin injury, with Greek striker Georgios Samaras taking his place up front. New Bhoy Glenn Loovens made his debut as centre-back, replacing Gary Caldwell and Shaun Maloney started on the bench.

Celtic started the game looking a little ragged, with close chances falling to both sides. Within the first minute, a Venegoor Of Hesselink shot curled wide of the post, while a few minutes later, captain Stephen McManus sloppy pass almost cost Celtic a goal.

Artur Boruc had a good game today with some...
Welcome home Shaun!!

After what seems like the longest transfer saga in history, Shaun Maloney is back! Since the day he departed for Villa, speculation about his return to Celtic has been rife. All the speculation can now end, as today Celtic have confirmed his return.

A press conference is scheduled at Celtic’s Lennoxtown training centre later today, where Maloney will be officially unveiled to the waiting press.

Aston Villa have confirmed that Maloney has rejoined Celtic in a deal that will be worth a maximum of £2.5M to Villa depending on performance related bonuses. Maloney had 2 years left on his Villa contract.

Celtic fans will no doubt welcome Maloney back with open arms, however in many eyes he left the club under a cloud. He has now been given a second chance, hopefully he will take it and once again become a firm fans...