1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Cult XI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mo-Neill12, Mar 19, 2024.

Discuss Ultimate Cult XI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Mark Wilson is a belter, mind round the Hun goal knocking out Papac time he got 3 in 3 or 4 games. And only scored 3 the full time at us :56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What would you call him though? Him and Van Dijk I said, who were potentially legends, potentially two best ever if they stayed here. But 2 years of them, that can’t be labelled legend or Celtic hero, cult hero probably isn’t the right thing either but there in the category of Cadette, Di Canio, Pierre, Viduka, Bellamy, Robbie Keane. Last two bit different cos loans but some of the best guys I’ve seen for us but all to fleeting.

I’ve just remembered a belter but - Marc Reiper. Another great player, one of the best I’ve seen here but injuries robbed us. Him and John Kennedy, both guys that could have been next level Reiper was next level. And injuries * it. Think Reiper ended up losing a toe or something

3. henriks tongue

Surely Anton Rogan gets in?
    MoM in Brian Irvine cup final but missed the final penalty so sadly remembered more for that.
    Sprinted to take a quick throw to try and score again v Partizan Belgrade when we were 5-3 up and already winning the tie.

Other cult figures Paddy McCourt, Annoni, Varga, Ambrose and DiCanio

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Cult hero is more for players who weren’t universally loved, but loved to “cult” status by a section of fans.

VVD was one of the best players we’ve seen at the club. Wanyama was loved by almost everyone surely.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Probably not quite right for the label but the small amount of time we had them here I included them, it’s always the label for Jorge Cadette, Di Canio etc due to them being * amazing for a short amount of time for us. So lumped they two, and Moussa Dembele in with them there.

But it’s defo an ambiguous term cos I’m * sure that Marc Crosas and Efe Ambrose are 100% ones as well:56:

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye more the Efe’s of the world that get the tag for me, don’t think time at the club is a defining factor cos I’d put Samaras in there. An anomaly, someone some loved and some hated. Never going to be on any lists for best player but one you’ll talk about in the pub with your mates one day.

Di Canio could be one because some people don’t like him as a guy, some adore him.

At the end of the day I guess it doesn’t matter how you define it. A good discussion either way and one that brings back *mostly* good memories.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    IMG_2778.jpeg

Right 100% sure of that one:56:

Mo-Neill12 and MacEwan like this.
  8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Btw. It’s the womans team but Tasha Flint is in there for me.

Proper cult hero. 2024 after all.

Mo-Neill12 likes this.