1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher.

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by The Thumb, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss The Witcher. in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Harry Caray

What boggles my mind with adapting Games/books to TV/Film is that the source material is literally there in front of you, the hard part is done. Just convert what is already there in to live action I mean * sake why do they go and butcher everything to suit themselves, drives me nuts.
    Perfect example is Resident evil. They could make 4 amazing films based on Resident Evil 1-4 and they can't even get that right

2. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    No Cavill NO WATCHY!

Never seen an actor so perfect for a character.... Doesn't matter what Liam does it will Never be the same.

JamesM09 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye. I'll still watch it through gritted teeth and may be pleasantly suprised. A bit like Spartacus. When the main actor changed because of illness I was gutted but you get used to it and suddenly its fine. I have a feeling they'll be going down the more comedy route and that's why he left.

4. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think he was excellent as Geralt, and I didn’t think he would be when he was initially cast.

The last season was a bit of a mess to be honest (as was quite a bit of the first). It has a lot of potential but they interrupt the flow of the story so much.

JamesM09 likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He was good but I felt his frame and stature was too big for Geralt acting was top notch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. celtic warrior

He's left before season 3 was even out.

I can only wildly, overreact and assume season 3 is going to be a complete dumpster fire up there with some of the worst TV in recent years

Moore likes this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think he left because he's going to be getting quite a bit of work under James Gunn at DC Studios as Superman.

8. JamesM09

I think it's a bit of both. He's a massive geek so I don't think these projects aren't just about money for him despite what people are saying online.

I think he could definitely fit in both The Witcher and DCEU roles if he really wanted to, and he loves The Witcher, so for me the conclusion is he no longer believes in the direction of the project.

He left Superman for the same reason, and has come back now because of the change in leadership.

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Ironically, I think come the end of 2024 with Warner Brothers being sold to NBC Universal, Cavill will probably be out as Superman and Universal will begin building their own creative team with a new direction for DC. Whether that's an extended universe, like Marvel/Disney or individual projects where they have had excellent success with The Joker and The Batman. Can't see many new films being given the go ahead before the sale to Universal. Warner Brothers Discovery are billions of dollars in debt and with Black Adam not pulling the numbers in at the Box Office, they won't be as open about handing out $300m for a film budget/advertising when they're not going to make much back.

My guess would be, WBD will allow James Gunn and DC to maybe put some minor projects on the plate, like the Gotham City Police Department series under Matt Reeves and possibly a Sirens film, with Margot Robbies Harley Quinn. They will continue with the Joker and The Batman 2 for 2024 releases. That will basically keep them ticking until the deal with Universal goes through in mid 2024 and then it will be up to NBCU on where they see the DC, Game of Thrones world and Wizarding World.

NBC Universal are the only studio on the planet who could go toe to toe with Disney in my opinion, especially if they add in DC, Wizarding World and the GOT universe.

JamesM09 likes this.