1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I really think this is for the best, he can go and carry on playing while proving what he has to offer as a coach. If it goes well he could end up back here.

2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Been a great servant and a wonderful captain in one of the most dominant periods in our history. The captain who lifted 12 consecutive trophies. Will always have fond memories of his time.

I do think he should have been phased out sooner though. Rodgers appeared to be going down that route, then we got Lennon who wanted to build a team around him. It's a real shame he was so badly mismanaged from then on.

I don't think there are many natural leaders left at the club now. Ajer is the only one I can think of and he's likely away in the summer.

Callum McGregor just isn't a captain for me.

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Loved Broony and will be sad to see him leave. I am totally convinced that he wasn't used right and should have been rested for games in order to recharge his batteries which resulted in him having some poor games (but didn't the rest of them). I would have liked to see him stay for another year with some sort of coaching remit and maybe as an occasional sub but also to help our new manager (if he's foreign) familiarise himself with our club and Scottish football.

theweeman and Garrymac1888 like this.
  4. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I would be entirely happy with him staying in some capacity if that was the decision of the incoming manager.

If Jesse Marsch or Eddie Howe rocked up to Parkhead and said, "I'd like you to stick around", then great. But we have to move away from jobs for the boys.

5. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Agree on jobs for the boys part.

I just think there's going to be massive changes in the squad players leaving and coming in etc, and brown could integrate them in with the players already here.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Be big step up for brown but is what’s needed I’d rather he went out cut his teeth coaching elsewhere get the experience rather than sit on a bench for another season holding him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    This is the end of an era that we will talk of for generations. He's up there with the best.

I think this is a fantastic decision for him. He needs to leave Celtic and learn his new trade from a broader platform to gain wider experience.

If he can convert a fraction of his leadership skills into management then I'm sure he'll be back home one day.

As others have said though, it's devastating we can't give him the send off he deserves.

Hail Hail.

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    This would be the best option for him to move on. I think he knows his legs are gone and his days of playing are over.

Respect him a lot more now that he is not wanting to take the extra year that’s been offered.

Wish him all the best with the move into management and he has been great servant to the club.

10. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    TBH if he is going to them probably best if he wasn't playing atall. Any bad game & he will know about it as they already hate him. Maybe he us going straight into coaching rather than player coach as don't think he would get that at us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

11. KEANO1

If Brown is to go to Aberdeen is there a fee? If so scrap the fee and arrange a deal for Ferguson to come to us. He has elements of browns game already very young in his career and will still improve further.

We all know his hun allegiances, the boys a player and would strengthen our midfield considerably. I would much rather have him than the likes of Rogic, ntcham etc or waste 3m+ on an unknown from Europe.

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

1. No fee, he’s out of contract.

2. * having a staunch wee hun * anywhere near the club

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Brown's contract runs out in the summer. They'll be no fee even if he loves to Aberdeen with some playing responsibilities.

I'd take Ferguson but he'll cost more than he's worth and he's a die hard hun.

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

There is definitely a place for him in the squad next season but he can't start every game and I imagine he will want to and will also want assurances of a position after his playing career ends we really need to get away from this jobs for the bhoys stuff. So I imagine the time is probably right for him but it will be * bizarre seeing him in an Aberdeen top

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Ferguson is pish, let's get soro bedded into the team instead.

16. Martybhoy53

Sorro should have had more game time. If he is the replacement for Brown then why is he on the bench? He should be starting from now until the end of the season.

17. Sgt Neppers*

Scott Brown will leave the club as a legend. If its for Aberdeen then all the best to him.

I do find it a bit worrying that he's leaving before a new manager is announced. Makes me think there's zero hew manager in place. Broonie doesn't want to hang around until that appointment, then be told, you're not in my plans and miss the Aberdeen job/chance. Any new new guy you would think would want at a minimum, speak to broonie about the future.

But he deserves to be able to decide on his future with his Celtic legacy secured.

Creativecelt likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It's the right time, I think. But it'll definitely be sad to see him go.

Hard to imagine a Celtic squad with him not in it, really. He's been at Celtic more than half my life, which is * mad now that I think about it.:giggle1:

Hopefully he does well there and who knows, he could be back here in some capacity in the future.

johnboy19, bagforlife and The Phoenix like this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Good luck tae Broony whatever he does, he's been an incredible player/captain, tremendous servant to the club, with a trophy haul most players could only dream about.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Could not agree more. We will see if indeed heading up to Aberdeen as assistant manager is what his first move on the other side of the ball is but if indeed these reports turn out to be true then I will wish him well and hope that maybe one day he can come back to us and be as good a manager as he was a player.

The Prof and bagforlife like this.