1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    His interview sums up what we all want to say.

So true!!

Crilly likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    man's a legend lol and that assist at the second goal was brilliant

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That pass for the second equaliser was incredible. Huge credit to him AGAIN.

neilly1987 and Overkill187 like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    its amazing how much he is improving his game at the age he is, for me player of the year

Icicle, King of Kings and Lilac Wine like this.
  8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: "We always believed we could come here and get the three points, and we did that. We went down to 10 men but we dug deep."

SB: "We have played with 10 men before and won, so we knew what we were going to do. We had to believe in ourselves as we have top-quality players up the park and they scored great goals.

SB: "That’s why the players are unbelievable. It was three great finishes from Tom, Moussa and Odsonne."

SB on his assist for @MDembele_10: “I saw Moussa’s run...That was a clearance. It was a great finish by Moussa. They are always going to try and get tight to us and commit wee fouls. It’s always going to happen when you play against Rangers here

SB on where that ranked in terms of his Glasgow derby wins: “Definitely up there. We played with 10 men so long & had to defend really well. I thought @ScottBain_ was fantastic in goals, including the save he made from Morelos

SB: “It was great for him in his first game, chucked in at the deep end, and he dealt with it very well."

SB: “They talked all week but we do our talking on the park. Whether we win or lose, we fight to the last minute. We have won here a few times now & knew if we could do it whether we'd 11 or 10 men."

10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I agree, I think he's by far our most important player. Out of all our squad he's the one that games are so obviously noticeable when he's not playing. He's such a battler and the driving force behind many of our victories.

celticfan01 and neilly1987 like this.
  11. Ak1

Love this guy more and more every week.

Never shirks or hides, a proper professional.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Huns celebrating him getting fouled and not realising Dembele has lobbed their keeper sums that lot up :56:

13. As You Were

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the Peope Sing
    My favourite player - must be a pain in the * coming up against him!

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It was scary how many interceptions he made when we needed to defend. He's always in the right place to stop opposition attacks. Every time we go to Ibrox he dominates. All they can do his chase his shadow..

neilly1987 likes this.
  15. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Stepped up huge after the red card

Captain.Leader.Legend

Love him

Lilac Wine and neilly1987 like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Brown hailed the character and quality of his team-mates after their magnificent 3-2 victory away to Rangers, despite playing a large part of the match with 10 men.

Both teams were level at the interval after the Hoops came from behind twice, courtesy of fantastic finishes from Tom Rogic and Moussa Dembele.

With the match evenly poised, Jozo Simunovic saw red for the champions early in the second half after he was deemed to have elbowed Alfredo Morelos when challenging for a high ball.

But instead of the home side taking the initiative, the Celts rallied and sealed a priceless three points thanks to substitute Odsonne Edouard’s stunning strike.

On yet another memorable day at Ibrox for Brendan Rodgers’ side, the Bhoys also had Scott Bain to thank after the goalkeeper made a string of superb saves on his debut for the club, including an incredible late stop from Morelos.

And the captain admitted that the win ranked as one of the most satisfying victories in the fixture, which extended the Hoops' lead in the title race to nine points, with a game in hand.

Speaking after the game, Brown said: “It’s definitely up there. We played with 10 men for so long and we had to defend really well.

"I thought Bainy was fantastic in goals, including the save he made from Morelos on the line after it had the post and come back out. It was great for him in his first game, chucked in at the deep end, and he dealt with it very well.

“We were a little bit slack from front to back in the first 45 minutes, but we came in at 2-2 and luckily enough Moussa and Tom had great finishes - they dug us out the deep end.”

“We always believed we could come here and get the three points and we did that. We went down to 10 men but we dug deep.

“We have played with 10 men before and won so we knew what we were going to do. We had to believe in ourselves as we have top-quality players up the park and they scored great goals.“

“They talked all week but we do our talking on the park. We always do that. Whether we win or lose, we fight to the last minute and we have won here a few times now and we knew if we could do it even if we had 11 or 10 men.”

Lilac Wine and neilly1987 like this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He was immense today..

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Had great faith in him from the very day he signed and I remember folk going on about the cost of his transfer fee........never a 4.4 million man :56: I said then he had the makings of a Celtic Legend....wish I had put money on it :56:Scott McDonald came to us about the same time and I thought he would be a great signing too. I adore Broony :100: and he's becoming the ultimate pantomime villain :56:

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mr Worldwide.

Lilac Wine likes this.