1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix & Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by PaddyBhoy, Jan 7, 2015.

Discuss Netflix & Amazon Prime in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Watched and finished Baby Reindeer a few days ago, reminded me of Trainspotting, not an easy watch but brilliant nonetheless.

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Early doors. Bbc iplayer. Highly recommend it. Writer of The Royle Family.

cidermaster and charlietully like this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Real life Martha denies pretty much everything in the show

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555835943619&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user

That’s her Facebook. Pretty much confirms that she’s a bare faced liar. 4 phones, 6 email addresses and she obsessively updates her Facebook.. identical to how her emails are portrayed in the show.

Denied she ever watched any of the show.. yet has posted on her Facebook photos of her watching it. She also has multiple Facebook accounts and you can find her multiple public messages to Gadd on Twitter.

said she never loved or fancied Gadd.. yet has a post on Twitter to the effect of “51 years old and have a 26 year old toy boy” as well as recommending Gadd’s comedy show and saying “great *!!!!!!!!”

Said she never even knew where he lived.. yet admitted to sending him a hand written letter.

She almost had me believing her to an extent on her interview but she’s clearly completely * crackers.

5. Onefootwonder

That interview isn't going to go well for her. That is a really uncomfortable interview.

After watching that I'm more convinced that the Netflix drama is true. The actress playing Martha has nailed her spot on. It is so accurate.

There is clearly mental health issues with her and putting her on TV to give that interview won't help. It will end up with more people digging up her past. All her past is going to get dragged through the media now.

Even if I hadn't known the story, I wouldn't have believed a word that came out of her mouth during that interview. She came across as the unhinged, controlling fantasist that the Netflix series depicted.

It's going to unravel for her, but I do think people should consider that mental health issues are at the heart of her behaviour. She is in need of help more than anything.

6. HoopSprings

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just finished season 3 of Clarkson's Farm. Brilliant watch.

cas79 and kenniemk2 like this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Watching Rebus (2024) (BBC IP) as there is also a version from the early 2000s I haven’t seen before.

Based on John Rebus from Iain Rankins Edinburgh copper novels. I’ve seen first few epsodes think there’s only 6 in this one but a very good and a right easy short watch for anyone interested in Scottish crime dramas.

kenniemk2 and charlietully like this.
  8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This, love him or loath him he makes * good tv and his wife/partner is funny as well with her no * given attitude.

9. DonnyCelt

Anybody watched the Jlloyd Samuel documentary on Netflix?

Guy was living a double life at the time of his death. A very interesting watch tbf.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Me Mercedes well worth a watch. Midway through season 1. Gleeson is brilliant

elbhoydo likes this.
  11. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Watch this today. Was all pretty twisted. The Iranian wife pretending to be a fortune teller with his UK wife was bizarre.

Kept thinking it was going to take another turn and he was actually still alive and well :giggle1:

DonnyCelt likes this.
  12. DonnyCelt

I found it very strange than he had to go all the way to Iran to find a club lol.

The Iranian wife is definitely a delusional weirdo lol

muffitO'tea likes this.
  13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I'm very late to the game but I've just discovered Warrior (On Netflix... Denmark as my VPN Denmark was on)

Anyway, it's like Boardwalk Empire but set in San Francisco 1886 and the rivals are the Irish, the Chinese and the corrupt Irish cops...effing great show..loads of great fights, loads of violence, and lots of * and *!

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I gave this a bash after seeing your post. Outstanding.

5 episodes deep in series 1. Cool as *.

Only way I can describe it is it's like Sopranos meets Peaky Blinders meets Enter the Dragon.

Ticks every box for me. Gangsters, martial arts, amazing cinematography and a tight script and and storyline.

Naked Asian woman don't hurt the enjoyment either haha.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Season 2 is pretty good...Season 3 is bad..Enjoy season 1, it's a cracker.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Well that's not good news. I've never been somebody to base viewing on somebody else's opinion though so hopefully you're wrong.

You see it on Reddit all the time. "is this worth watching?". Who are you asking? Who's to say that what somebody else loves or hates will match your taste?

Rips ma knitting that.

17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Biggest load of * i have ever seen!!!!

PS Only kidding, it is brilliant, funny enough me and my mates used to watch this gem after being to the pub till last orders back in the day:60:

Jacob knows likes this.
  18. Thebs

It's not Netflix or Prime but has anyone seen The Acolyte yet? I kind of started watching it due to the high critic reviews but quickly realised they must be on the Disney payroll or something.

Absolute terrible show from story to acting. Really sad to see what Disney has done to such a great franchise.

On a funny side it's had waves of bad audience reviews and it's sitting on 14% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. This is getting lower each day. It seems fans are starting to unite.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It started quite well but has bombed in the last couple of episodes. I'll stick it out but it's no Ahsoka never mind Andorb

20. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Watched it today. Didn’t know anything about the double life he led.
    Strange how his sister is so convinced that he’s still alive when there seems to be no evidence at all to back it up. She would do well on some sections of this forum :giggle1:

kenniemk2 and DonnyCelt like this.