1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Considering we've kept just 1 clean sheet in the last 8 games, that is saying something.

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Gonna miss him a lot when he's gone.

I think he's been superb the second half of this season, and has kept us in so many games after Christmas. He's leaving at the right time but his personality and leadership won't be easy to replace.

Absolutely love the big guy, would be an amazing send off to win the Title for him.

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's a top bloke and a class goalkeeper.

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Would love Joe to lift the title.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Been an excellent servant for our club and proper stand up guy.
    Wish him all the best in his retirement.
    Once a celt....always a celt

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hope he sticks around after the summer and becomes Stevie Woods' number two.

8. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Hopefully he will captain us to a scottish cup win this year just after winning the league title. Like many others in here, I always thought of him as a bit of a * but how * wrong was that assessment. Top guy and I expect he will be an advocate of our club like many ex players before him

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

RabS likes this.
  12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The news that away allocations will be restored to a reasonable level come the start of next season will come too late for Joe Hart to get a proper feel for what the Old Firm derby used to be, with his Celtic career coinciding with the ticketing *-for-tat that is finally grinding towards a resolution.

Not that having only a small wedge of Ibrox backing his team – or, more recently, no fans at all – has diminished the experience for the former England number one, who is savouring these final months in a Celtic jersey before hanging up his gloves for good in the summer

He admits though that he is looking forward to perhaps snagging a ticket to come along and back his old team at some point in the future, with Hart saying that although he may be leaving Celtic in the summer, the club will never leave him

Whether we will ever see him brandishing a megaphone and leading the Celtic support in song like another former custodian of his position, Artur Boruc, is doubtful, but the passion that Hart feels for the club is just as heartfelt and will likely linger just as long.

So, as he gears up for his final taste of Ibrox as a player this Sunday, sans the Celtic supporters, he is also casting an eye towards the future, and relishing the day that he will be able to come back up to Glasgow and join their number.

“I genuinely look forward to supporting this club forever, it's a part of me,” Hart said.

“This is me removing myself from a guy who doesn't want to talk about what's next, but I look forward to being a football supporter at some point in my life. And this is one of the teams I'll be a fan of.

“I'm going to remove myself from the situation I'm in now because my immediate reaction is that it means nothing to me [the restoration of away allocations]. But if I was to take away the guy I'll be when it's going on it'll be great.

“It'll be a real buzz. I've played in a 50-50 split here when it was at Hampden and it was electric. [Whether you] come out good side [or] come out the bad side, it's emotional.

“Since I've been here, we've had fans, I think the most has been 700-750, and it was strange at the start of the season, winning away and having no-one to put your gratitude towards.

“Because even though we played without supporters that day you still feel it in the build-up, to have your support and your club behind you, so it'll be nice, it'll be a great spectacle.

“Around the world this fixture is heavily respected and to keep that respect you need away supporters in there. You never know, I might be one of those couple of thousand.”

All that being said, Hart has still enjoyed the Old Firm experience, having not known it any other way. As he mentions, while the fans may not be present in the stadium when the Celtic players step out of the tunnel this weekend, the players know that there are tens of thousands with them in spirit and backing them to the hilt.

So, there is no doubting whatsoever that each Celtic player knows exactly what is at stake, and who they are representing, when they cross that white line at a vociferously partisan Ibrox.

For Hart, there is no escaping the magnitude of the fixture, both in terms of what the outcome will mean in the context of the title race, and what it means to the fans of both clubs.

“If people don't know then they don't know,” he said.

“I do know, and I know the build-up to these games is huge, the emotion to these games is huge.

“If you're not winning world-wide acclaim or awards, who cares? When you're in it, when you're emotionally invested, I don't care what anyone says, I know how it feels.”

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Rydo1888* like this.
  14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That picture in the smoke is brilliant.

Just hope he goes out with the title, don't want it to go the way Broony went out.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He might get to be in goals for the Cup final, and against the horde, too. That would mean a proper atmosphere.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    If you have doubts on him with the ball at his feet, check out the Leicester keeper, he's fkn hilariously bad.

17. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    I want him on his A game tommoro no * about with the ball

18. h0tsh0t87

I hope celtic convinces him to change his retirement plan and stay for another season even as a number 2.

I know a lot of our fans don't rate him and think he makes far too many mistakes but he has saved us so many points this season to actually keep us in this title race .

he's stepped up as captain when mcgregor was injured .

And once again today makes another massive save .

Rodgers doesn't have a good record in the transfer window .... so imagine we can't replace him or spend millions on a substandard goalkeeper

19. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Pivotal,saves and moments,guy’s indespensable man…if he retires hopefully he stays on in some capacity as a coach or whatever.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Top player. Going to be hard to replace

NomDePlum likes this.