1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

As much as a lot of us want him replaced, imagine how much worse off we would be without him these last few weeks.
    How far we've fallen that despite a budget that far exceeds everyone else domestically our keeper has been keeping us in games lately.

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    In all fairness it’s not like we’d be playing with an empty net if he wasn’t here :giggle2:

3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

He's made quite a few saves in recent weeks to stop us dropping more points. Maybe Bain or Siegrist would have made them too and we don't think they're good enough either. Even if we had a keeper we all agreed was brilliant it would still concern me how much our keeper has been called upon vs domestic dross.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    bhroom likes this.
  4. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Came out in an interview saying he’s retiring in June … it’ll be interesting to see the full thing

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

At least we are prepared for it. Oh wait…

Serious note. Done great here for the most part, in getting us back on top. Age has caught up with him this season but has been one of the very few players that can hold their head high after last few months. Put in some great shifts recently.

6. Mince.Charming

Aye... imagine this team on current form with Barky in goals

Luis1967 and Artorias like this.
  7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For a guy who cost less than £1m came in. Bought into club and had some big moments that will outweigh the negatives. All the bestnin retirement even the cash from MLS wasn't enough total family guy and leader!

neilly1987, JML67, Hammy89 and 3 others like this.
  9. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    So Scott Bain in goals over the summer..

Wonderful.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I’ll tell you what, his explanation in that video makes utterly poor reading from a club point of view.

Allowing a goalkeeper to announce his retirement so that it “takes one thing off the table” for the club in terms of fans speculation is a shocking.

Everyone knew he was leaving at the end of the season. We just didn’t know if it was to another club or retirement.

Wirh regards to Joe himself. Thank you for the memories, the trophies and for stepping up when we needed you.

neilly1987, MynameisEarl and Peej like this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

The moany * in me is just screaming that this is Celtic being reactionary again when the keeper position should have been addressed last summer. I say that assuming we will actually sign a keeper now but I assumed it was a given we'd sign a LB in Jan

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Thomas67Kearno

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Christ almighty. This won't help morale at the club. Seems like a weird move in February to announce retirement. Could be other factors that pushed his hand but it feels weird.

neilly1987 and littlekennie like this.
  13. Onefootwonder

All those caps for England, multiple English and Scottish premier league titles, FA and Scottish cups, plus numerous golden gloves awards.

I hope he finishes his career on a high with another league title.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Football Club today shares some news from our goalkeeper Joe Hart as he announces that he will be retiring from playing football at the end of this season.

Joe has recently informed the club of his decision and he wanted to sit down with his close friend and his mental performance coach, Jamie Edwards, who he has worked with for a number of years, to outline his decision to supporters.

Everyone at Celtic would like to thank Joe sincerely for his fantastic and ongoing contribution to the Club.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers said: “Joe has enjoyed a phenomenal career and I know will be huge miss to the game when he finally retires from playing football in the summer.

“For all he has done in football, Joe deserves huge praise and congratulations, he has been such a brilliant asset to Celtic of course and the wider game at the highest levels, domestically and internationally.

But more than that, he is a tremendous man, just brilliant to work with, someone who I know has been a great team-mate to so many throughout his career and a player who never gives anything but his absolute best. Each and every day his work ethic is an example to all in football.

“While he will be a real loss on the pitch, I know he will stay in football in some form. It will always be part of his life and I am sure whatever he does after the summer time, everyone at the club wishes him nothing but the very best of success.

“I totally understand and respect Joe’s reasons for making this announcement and for being clear to the club and our fans on his future.

“I also know he will continue to work right through this season with the same intensity, commitment and drive which he has always been known for.”

Rydo1888* and NakamuraTastic like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Respect for Hart went up a notch more after this as well

It's taken him to stand up and ease the fans a little. Doing his part to let us know what's happening from his side of things.

You're right though, reading from the club's perspective, it doesn't look great. That Hart had to make this announcement.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No issue with the timing, we should have strengthened there but didn't, so it doesn't really matter now..

Glad he didn't sign an extension.

Let's hope he goes out on a high.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Wow this board are ramping up the deflection aren’t they

Regardless of joe hart retiring regardless of barrowfield regardless of being a
    Profitable club …. You have still run the club wrong and allowed rangers to be in front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilly1987 likes this.
  18. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Respect to Joe. Must be hard to call time on a career where you've achieved so much.

19. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Think as fans we could have shown Hart a lot more respect and support. A contingent seemed overly keen to jump on any errors he made when the facts are he was rarely to blame solely for any goals. He certainly hasn't cost us any points in the league and arguable that we would be further behind if it weren't for his performances in recent months.

He solved the shambles of Barkas/ Bain and now the board have to act. And quickly. Of course none of us will be surprised if we don't go to the last day of the window before bringing another goalie in.

20. Sgt Neppers*