1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Kelly

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Mar 24, 2022.

Discuss Daniel Kelly in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Agree with those saying he should be loaned out next season on the other thread..

A very good prospect but isn't ready yet. No surprise but he's still very raw..

I don't want to see a championship loan or that though. No reason he can't go to a Ross County or someone as long as they're in the top flight and get game time every week. He's definitely good enough for that level..

I do feel like Mitchel Frame is more first team ready for us..

2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think I'd rather he went down south if he's to go out on loan. Just the * mentality of * up here is a bit of a hindrance. If we managed to get him a decent championship side it would help more than hanging about * stadiums pitches and managers.

Also open to him staying and gettiing gradually bedded in here, would help with the mental side. Dealing with pressure, training with better players/coaches. Would be happy either way though.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye i wouldn't have a problem with him doing a McGregor Notts County..

Just think it would beneficial if we got a good club and surface like maybe a Dens under a non mutant manager like say Tony Docherty where he/they could get to grips with our league and the demands week to week..

Double Dutch likes this.
  4. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I’d be happy with him going on loan and playing regularly but I’d also be happy with him here if he’s getting regular mins even off the bench. He’s more than capable and I think if we win the league this season then If he stays next season he’ll get more playing time domestically especially if we get auto entry to CL. He won’t be a guaranteed starter start of next season but we need competition and depth on the bench. An injury or two and we could need him and he could come in and thrive on it

Double Dutch likes this.
  5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Definitely see the benefits there, especially the Dundee/Tony Doc example. Suppose it would come down to him as a character and what Rodgers thinks he needs, no really something we all can judge from the outside.

Need to start getting these calls right though regardless, the lack of young guys breaking through has been depressing.

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think this would be my preference. Being in and around CL squads and plenty first team minutes is probably worth at least a season of lower league football.

Crilly likes this.
  7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Holm was getting the chance until his red card, although I liked the look of holm in glimpses I think it’s clear kelly is further along as of now… O’Riley will be gone next season maybe bernardo signed and a new cm if Hatate goes but then not much options off the bench. I reckon send holm on loan and keep Kelly. Think he’s gonna be some player. Also if we go about things right and he kicks on we could see him here for many many good years for free basically. Can see he has a bit about him

Double Dutch likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I hear you and although Holm hasn't done enough in his starts, I still feel he's ahead of Kelly (and so he should be hea a fair bit older and more experienced at first team level)..

His cameo away the huns in the 1 nil was too drawer. His cameo against Dundee at home I think it was when his great footwork set-up Oh..

He has loads to his game to be a top player. Pace. Vision. Ball carrying. Passing. Bit of dig. Something isn't quite right there and he should've been loaned out in January..

Crilly likes this.
  9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye looks like Holm has fell away. Case of being faced with challenges and hasn't been able to get past them. He'll deffo be loaned out I think.

Cal, Hatate, Bernardo, Iwata, Kelly and that Armenian boy/some other first team quality and I'd be happy with that.

In fact it's just hit me, loan Kelly to Motherwell for a year as part of a deal to bring in Lennon Miller and we're * laughing.

Crilly likes this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Kelly needs to sign a new long term deal and loaned out to a decent team. So does Holm.

It'd do wonders for their development.

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

That’s true mate I do think he looks good I’m not knocking him at all but I think Kelly brings a bit more energy and reminds me kind of Ryan Christie maybe quick neat and with a great engine. I think also with him getting more minutes now would perhaps indicate rodgers favours him.
    And see the way you say something isn’t right with holm, I’m pretty certain a few weeks ago rodgers said he was back so he may have picked up a knock a while ago n could be partially why he hasn’t featured.
    Suppose it’s a good problem to have two good young options, also just remembered with regards to Europe kelly would be club grown so more chance of him maybe being kept in squad

12. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Not a bad shout mate, I really like the look of miller. Just said there though kelly would be a club grown player in Europe aswell so very well could be kept around. A lot of options to take a look at in preseason actually with the likes of kwon and bosun returning. Wonder which way it will pan out.

Double Dutch likes this.
  13. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely

Hammy89 likes this.
  14. calmac23

Has a bright future, you can see good aspects of his play, but agree he’s not ready yet and isn’t ready for more than cameo appearances at the moment.

Should look to move him down South instead of up here if possible, look at how great Lawal is doing after we all thought he was a lost cause. Send Kelly to a top League 1 team for a season and let him develop, come back a solid first team option.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I think it's been partly to do with the contract situation and Holm's red card in Rotterdam initially doing him no favours..

Seemed to be bombed out after that in the main..

Kelly is a top prospect though. Bit slack, clumsy maybe due to being over eager. Holm for me would be a fair bit infront of Kelly as we stand but the manager doesn't seem to think that way..

Crilly likes this.
  16. calmac23

Think it may be attitude with Holm. We all know Rodgers values how well players train and act off the pitch (think of early in the season when he said Hatate needed to improve in training to play ahead of Turnbull).

Holm has ability but hasn’t had a standout game for us. Kelly is a good bit younger and has shown a similar level of ability. A loan for both would do them good.

17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Done wonders for Calmac at Notts County a few years back. Him and Jack Grealish both there on loan at same time and both became cracking players. (Yeah I know Grealish is a * tho)

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If Holm went on loan to Aberdeen or Hibs or St Mirren or Motherwell, I honestly think he'd be one of the best midfielders in the league outwith the ones playing for our first team.

I rate the kid. He needs game time. He's no getting it here and should be loaned out for the entirety of next season so we can all see what we're working with here.

McChiellini.., Crilly and Damnati like this.
  19. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

I think he's excellent - Aberdeen or Hibs would be an excellent move.

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Zero doubts mate. He'd kill it for any other side in the league..

Hammy89 likes this.