1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Legends V Borussia Dortmund legends Sunday may 26th kick off 2PM CELTIC TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Mar 6, 2024.

Discuss Celtic Legends V Borussia Dortmund legends Sunday may 26th kick off 2PM CELTIC TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Legends set to face Borussia Dortmund Legends in Foundation Charity Match

Celtic FC Foundation are delighted to announce a Legends Charity Football Match - sponsored by Dafabet - at Celtic Park on Sunday, May 26, 2024, with a 2pm KO.

The Celtic Legends team will be captained by Scott Brown and we look forward to a fantastic encounter with a Legends squad from German giants, Borussia Dortmund, featuring the likes of Marcel Schmelzer and Roman Weidenfeller, among many others.

In what will be our first charity match at Paradise since 2018, it promises to be a wonderful spectacle with the two clubs sharing a number of special bonds, including passionate fan bases - each with a strong sense of social responsibility - as well as a love for the iconic anthem ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’.

Both sides have, of course, also won the greatest prize in club football, with Borussia Dortmund having lifted the European Cup in Munich in 1997, almost 30 years to the day from the Lisbon Lions’ famous triumph.

One member of that historic Dortmund side, Paul Lambert, of course moved on the following November to join Celtic, later becoming club captain and winning countless trophies.

We’re delighted to confirm that Paul will once again take charge of the Celtic Legends squad, having been in the dugout for our previous encounter at Anfield against Liverpool, last March.

And he will be aided by another former captain and Celtic great, as Tom Boyd will once again be Paul’s Assistant Manager.

Speaking ahead of the match, Paul Lambert said: “It’s an absolute honour to be taking the reins again, for the Foundation’s latest charity match.

'It is a particularly special occasion for me given my connection to both clubs and I’m sure it’ll make for a fantastic match here at Celtic Park, all for a wonderful cause.'

“I know this Dortmund Legends squad very well and they have some fantastic former players but we’re pulling together a strong Celtic squad, with a number of players who I am sure the fans will be delighted to see back in the Hoops

Funds raised through the match will focus on feeding people in need of our support, to reflect the heritage of the club and respond to the current cost of living crisis, which is overwhelming so many families and individuals.

This will include continuation and development of our Paradise Pit Stop project at Celtic Park. In addition, we will look to secure new locations for food provision with local partners in Inverclyde and Lanarkshire, plus London and Ireland to complement our current delivery of key projects in those areas.

With Scott Brown set to captain the side, we’re delighted to confirm that a donation will also be made to Dundee Cancer Centre at Ninewells Hospital, in memory of his sister Fiona, who sadly passed away in 2008 aged just 21.

Scott added: “Coming back to Celtic as captain of the Legends side will be wonderful for me and my family. I obviously spent a huge part of my career at the club and had so many incredible memories, so to return and pull on the jersey again will be very special.

'It’ll be fantastic to line up alongside so many former team-mates, as well as a number of other Celtic greats.'

“I am also truly honoured that a donation will made be in memory of Fiona, it means so much to my family and I’d like to thank the Foundation and all the fans in advance for their support.”

Tickets for the charity match will be exclusively available to season ticket holders in the first instance, from 10am on Wednesday, March 13, with all remaining tickets then being placed on general sale from 10am on Wednesday, March 20.

A range of hospitality packages will also be available, with on sale date and details to be confirmed

RabS, Rydo1888* and telle like this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Ticket info for Foundation charity match: Celtic Legends v Borussia Dortmund Legends

Celtic FC Foundation this week announced a Legends Charity Match at Celtic Park on Sunday, May 26 (KO 2pm) as Celtic Legends take on Borussia Dortmund Legends on what promises to be a fantastic occasion.

The match – sponsored by Dafabet – will once again see Scott Brown pull on the captain’s armband to lead the Celtic Legends squad, as we look forward to a fantastic encounter with a Legends squad from German giants, Borussia Dortmund, featuring the likes of Marcel Schmelzer and Roman Weidenfeller, among many others.

Both sides share a number of special bonds, both having won the greatest prize in club football, with Borussia Dortmund lifting the European Cup in Munich in 1997, almost 30 years to the day from the Lisbon Lions’ famous triumph.

One member of that historic Dortmund side, Paul Lambert, moved on the following November to join Celtic and we are delighted to confirm that Paul will be back in the dugout for the occasion as he takes charge of the Celtic Legends squad for the match, ably assisted by another former club captain and Celtic great, Tom Boyd.

TICKET PRICES
    The Legends Charity Match looks set to be a fantastic occasion for all the family and tickets will be priced at:

Adults - £15
    Concessions - £7

Tickets will be available to buy online at eticketing.co.uk/celtic next week.

TICKETS ON SALE TO STH FROM 10AM, MARCH 13
    Season Ticket holders will have a priority window to buy tickets for the Legends Charity Match, from 10am on Wednesday, March 13.

Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for this match and while your seasonal seat cannot be guaranteed, you can plan to bring friends and family with no ticket purchase limit in place.

TICKETS ON GENERAL SALE FROM 10AM, MARCH 20
    All remaining tickets for the match will be available to buy on general sale from 10am on Wednesday, March 20.

MATCHDAY HOSPITALITY
    A range of Matchday Hospitality packages will soon be available for the Legends Charity Match at Celtic Park. If you are interested in booking hospitality for the occasion, please email matchdayhospitality@celticfc.com or check celticfc.com regularly for the latest updates.

SUPPORTING CELTIC FC FOUNDATION
    Funds raised through the match will focus on feeding people in need of support, to reflect the heritage of the club and respond to the current cost of living crisis, which is overwhelming so many families and individuals.

This will include continuation and development of Celtic FC Foundation’s Paradise Pit Stop project at Celtic Park. In addition, we will look to secure new locations for food provision with local partners in Inverclyde and Lanarkshire, plus London and Ireland to complement our current delivery of key projects in those areas.

With Scott Brown set to captain the side, we’re delighted to confirm that a donation will also be made to Dundee Cancer Centre at Ninewells Hospital, in memory of his sister Fiona, who sadly passed away in 2008 aged just 21.

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Any word on the Celtic squad for this?

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Waiting for a Henke announcement, cos thats an immediate ticket purchase. Even a Henrik long after retirement, any time seeing him at Celtic Park in the Hoops again I’m there.

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Derk Boerrigter scored 1 and assisted 1 v Liverpool legends yesterday.

Sign him up although given that he played yesterday he's probably injured for the next 2 years now

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

12. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Looks like we're getting the 2012 gang back together for this. Could be a not bad game.

13. Celtic Bhoy 94

#AnnounceWanyama

Twisty, Peter T. Lawwell Esq and RabS like this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Can remember how adamant I was he wasn’t injury prone having signed him from his most injury free season, being baffled why he was being labelled it, full scale looking down on evidence of the rest of his time as a pro. Him and Nadir Cifcti humbled me majorly:56:

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Twisty likes this.
  18. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Team shaping up nicely.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Twisty likes this.