1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Missed yestersays game but the way it went didnt surorise me.
    imo for he best part of the season we have been poor but we got away with it(so far).

To me the manager has a huge part in our poor displays and he just doesnt seem to be able to sort it,

A few people on here seem to be of the opinion we are getting better as the season ends but i thing the dons games just shows us that we are still not where we want to be in terms of performances.

hopefully he gets us over the line but imo he should be gone at the end of the season.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man was aw proud of his 'therapy session' patter he came our wae :giggle1:

Another final, make it count Brendan.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Don't doubt him. He'll be posting photos of everyone in a classroom with a therapist just to prove us wrong :56:

Double Dutch likes this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So you've not seen it? Can't really comment on it then. Aberdeen was the best they've played for years. Just like when we thought we was great against Madrid, that was Aberdeen. Qaulity shone in the end, but folk on here love to moan.

We won a hard faught semi against a team where every player played there best game, yet because we never won by 10 goals and at a canter, we've got members declaring we've lost the league, won't win any games in the final run. Angry, we've got to watch us in a final?? We won the game :56: :56: * enjoy it. Footballs not about strolls in the park, hard fought wins in the cups are brilliant. The magic of cup games.

5. seanm

He can leave asap.but he wont cause he aint got another gig. Never forgive him ever for how he left us and tried to steal our staff.others dissagree but thats ok.nothing but an ego imo.ffs hes still playing scales and letting hart take pens lol HH

6. seanm

Agree but defensively we were rank rotten. Schoolboy defending HH

Crilly likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: take the positives. We've got by the cany score a goal problem. Just gotta fix scales now.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye wae him at the black board doing a John Collins in his pants :giggle1:

KRS-1888 likes this.
  9. murphy88

If our board had acted competently last summer, we would have won the league at a canter. Fact is, our recruitment was every bit as bad as the huns was last summer.

10. murphy88

The way some are carrying on, you would think we went out. Again, I think a lot of this goes back to how fans feel about Rodgers. We’ve all seen over the years that cup games can cause major problems for us. Ultimately, it’s all about just getting through, which we did. Defensively it was awful, that cannot be argued against, but some need to calm down.

11. john2061

If we win the league and cup it's just papering over the cracks of a * show of a season and I said yesterday during the game we need a new manager next season and stand by that as the football we have seen all season has been * to watch .

12. murphy88

We have scored 3 goals or more in 8 of our last 9 games. The other one was Tynecastle when Yang got sent off. No bad for total * football.

Mr Shelby, Pogues and honda like this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Our footballs improved 10 fold since we got half our team back from injury. Our defence has improved 10 fold since CCV came back. It just so happens the rest of the defence is * and it needed improved more than that :56:

seanm likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I was happy enough with the appointment and was able to put what happened before in the past..

Yes, he's been backed horrendously..

And yes we got through yesterday, we were lucky to.

However, he seems unable to get a full 90min performance from the players and his game management has left a lot to be desired at times..

We back him and the team to get us over the line and he'll be here next season.. but, I have serious doubts whether he's actually that good a manager/coach..

Let's see what happens and maybe he'll actually get some backing next season but for me having a better quality player is getting us through just now rather than anything tactical I'm seeing from him.

15. murphy88

I just think at this stage of the season, right now we are averaging over 3 goals a game and have been for the past 2 months. For the bland * football according to some, that’s not bad going. Defensively we aren’t good enough. I think that is partly down to * recruiting and injuries. Nawroki has been injured a lot this season and might end up being the long term solution, but I can see why Rodgers is sticking with Scales as with very few games left, we have had enough upheaval in defence this season. Not replacing Taylor continues to be a thorn in our side as well.

The team needs freshened up. There’s no doubt about that. It needed it last summer. If we can get over the line, give him the funds we all know are available to push us on. It’s pathetic. I really don’t see any point replacing him given that we haven’t backed. Are we going to bring in a different manager then give him serious backing? Why no just do it with Rodgers? Someone who although others will say differently, is a very good manager/coach.

Crilly and JC Anton like this.
  16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, agree with all of that apart from the last bit, I'm unsure if he's actually that effective as a manager..

Anyway, let's get behind him and the Team and get the Double won and then take it from there.

18. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    To be fair, I do think Aberdeen have the best squad in Scotland outwith us and the Huns. They’ve been * in the league but made the league cup final and were good in Europe - best European performance I’ve seen from another Scottish team in Europe for a long time (minus us and Huns).

Guys like Miovski and Duk are far ahead of anything else in Scotland.

19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Looking at some of the posts in here it’s fair to say he’s a bit of a victim of his own success (that he started coincidentally)

Pre-Rodgers time, a double would have been considered the exceptional of all exceptional seasons.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    A hard fought semi-final pre Rodgers would be viewed as well done getting through it, they’re hard games. Performance doesn’t matter at all, it’s getting the result and into the final.

That’s still the way I view it. Can nitpick at * I hope he learns from with the performance or players or stuff he done tactically. But outwith a wee murmur of a complaint from me, that’s it, cup final and we’re in pole position for a title fight.

Seen people criticising him because conceding 3 was one more than every other game he’s had at Hampden. And that’s due to him having a ridiculous record at Hampden.

Aberdeen have came to life games like that this year, just look at them vs Frankfurt, skelping the Huns etc. they can be dangerous.

I still have my reservations throughout the season but * *, getting through to a final, but not doing it at a canter isn’t a call for the sack.

Get a grip of ourselves lads, that’s * ridiculous