1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

* knows why in injury time having just scored a late goal to make it 3-2 we were wide open. Also * knows how Yang got on ahead of Forrest that's twice in the last 2 games against them we've tried our best to * defeat from the jaws of victory

Morcombe likes this.
  2. Lewis Kerr

Massive credit to him for the first half, equally needs to take the blame for the performance in the second.

His subs * us, I don't know why we didn't go for the jugular in the second half. I said at HT that we'd be inviting trouble if we sat back.

Nothing has changed from my perspective. Win the next 6 games and wrap up the league or part ways in the Summer.

3. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Not sure he can take the blame for a disgraceful penalty. Everybody was shouting for McGregor to come on, hindsight is * wonderful though

cas79, Dannybhoy81 and Pogues like this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    To be fair, the subs made sense in hindsight.

If you asked me at half time who I'd have brought on, it'd have been Yang for Kuhn and McGregor for Hatate. Forrest wouldn't have crossed my mind at all, and Bernardo I'd have brought on later.

He's got 6 games to navigate through, truth be told I'm more worried about going to Rugby Park again than facing the huns at Parkhead, where I think we'll smash them.

5. JamesM09

I thought he did okay today.

Bringing on Yang was a massive mistake though. He’s not ready for this type of game and Rodgers should know that.

Without looking at the data, it feels like we’re conceding big goals late in games which obviously brings his game management into question. He really should’ve been able to close that out at 3-2 today one way or another.

6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It is the same thing. Time and time and time again. He in-game management is *-poor.

How many times this season have we dominated the first half of games, when he has had week/s or days to think and prepare for, only for it to fall apart after the break?

In those crucial HT, other teams have changed things whereas BR has sent the Bhoys back out with the 'just keep doing what you're doing', and then either doesn't see or is not quick enough to adjust how the opposition have changed things or doesnt know how to counteract that etc.

All throughout the CL it happened, but it is not just at that level. McInnes has schooled him a number of times with Killie etc. Today is just the latest example of that.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Rodgers has more information than fans though. McGregor has to take responsibility too. It's not like other positions where there are fewer options. Bernardo was good when he got on.

Johnston was done too. Should have been replaced.

Idaha for Kyogo was his best sub.

8. Lewis Kerr

You've been posting this all season.. and I totally agree.

His in-game management is a worry. Too many times we've lost or drawn from winning positions. He can't seem to keep up with the flow of the game and make the necessary changes.

Taz likes this.
  9. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Aye I get that, but can only really take what McGregor says as well. He definitely needs to take more or the blame I reckon.

Would you have been happy with Ralston coming on though? Ralston has been terrible the past few times he’s been on.

Yang was the wrong choice though, should have been Forrest

10. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    His mistake was to accept the recruitment last summer and in January. We had enough money to bring in quality subs. What he has on the bench is a joke. Their subs made a positive impact, ours a negative. You could think we're the club which's skint.

11. Sween

Yang was his only wrong move today in my opinion. Bossed the first half and changed shape when we needed to in the second half. Idah made a good impact when he came in and gave us an out ball.

Their last goal was well taken but I can't believe how easily Yang allowed matondo to line up the shot. Just * really. Shouldn't have been on the pitch.

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Said elsewhere McGregor has responsibility too. Particularly as he's captain.

Would be fine with Ralston, he's coped fine coming on in the same circumstances multiple times. Johnston was knackered and carded.

Lavender Gooms likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He done the subs exactly us as fans would have. No complaints.

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    He's always going to get slated no matter what he does but his record in these games is outstanding

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Ive never rated Yang, I think he's *. He's a headless chicken. Forrest, even with less pace, at the very least has the mentality for this game.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Shitebag interview.

oh bhoy likes this.
  17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thought it was fine. Too late in the season to be making it about him and saying things that won't make any difference.

He's clear what is needed.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Shut up man :rofl:

19. Darksel

I think the subs were good subs, the players themselves were the ones who let him down.

The penalty decisions clearly spooked our plays on the field and Rodgers had to make changes, the changes on paper were good. Yang and McGregor played * and should take responsibility for that.

It's unfortunate but a draw is good for us, the league is totally in our hands; win every game we win the league.

20. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Outwith yang substitution there's not much I can blame him for today.

Bigger picture, questions need to be asked about our fitness levels. Multiple plyers continually look to be blowing out their arses from 55 minutes in

NomDePlum likes this.