1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Easydays

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy Mc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

She started it…harassing an innocent man.

2. Easydays

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy Mc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

You have to be a Hun

Darksel, The_Bhoy and muaythai postie like this.
  3. FrankMcCallum

Think you’ve inadvertently given yourself up there champ.

Darksel, The_Bhoy, murphy88 and 2 others like this.
  4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In this universe it’s inappropriate. It’s really simple, it’s a phrase that can be taken to mean many different things so it shouldn’t be said.

As I wrote above, it doesn’t come across offensively to me but using that phrase is not appropriate because of the connotations taken from that phrase.

Just read the last couple of pages and you can see many people are offended by it.

The reporter, she can act any way she likes, it’s her job to get comments that make headlines. The industry of reporting to me is a horrible industry but that is her job.

There are many ways he could have replied and got his point across and been condescending without saying “good girl”. He’s a very intelligent person, I think most people would agree with that.

Also, the fact that it has caused quite a lot of people to be offended, in this thread alone, should say enough about it.

5. FrankMcCallum

The reporter can’t act any way she likes actually.

It is a privilege to speak to the Celtic manager and not something we need to adhere to as a club.

If she is going to try and be a smarmy, provocative cow, I’m sure she can accept a bit of condescension in return.

And no one is offended on here by it. No one will suffer any trauma, or will struggle sleeping tonight as a result of his comment. People are using it as a stick to beat a manager with that they already dislike.

6. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Get tae yer bed FFS.

Bhoyyo likes this.
  7. celtic20

If Jane Lewis “didn’t know” what Rodgers meant then it says a lot about her as a journalist

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    When she done the sport on Scotland today she could hardly string a sentence together..she won't have a clue what he meant.

9. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It might be a privilege but it actually is something we need to adhere to. It’s literally in the rules that we need to cooperate with the media. It doesn’t specifically need to be the manager, sure.

The reporter can ask any questions and follow ups even if they are annoying. She wasn’t even being disrespectful to be fair, just prodding more and being annoying to keep asking.

People are definitely offended by it, but sure.

End of the day, my opinion is, he shouldn’t have said it, it’s that simple. You think it’s not an issue, you’re entitled to your opinion.

10. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Like *. Go back through my post history, I only started raising concerns about BR in the last couple weeks. Been frustrated at the joylessness of watching Celtic all season. Rodgers' petulant interview this afternoon, avoiding fair and basic questions, just tipped me over the edge. He thinks we're a bunch of mugs. Everyone who decided to back him when he came back (me included) had to do a cognitive dissonance thing in forgetting how he disrespected Danny McGrain. The less said about that psychotic Clyde Tunnel story the better.

First ever time being accused of being a hun on here in like 10 years, do I win an award?

Mordecai67 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

She was being sneaky and needed to be shut down.

But “good girl” is a bit * weird.

12. Onefootwonder

She was trying to go over the negatives, but it was hardly anything a manager should struggle to deal with. To get upset and resort to calling her a good girl is out of order.

It came across as patronising and sexist.

I'm not one that gets on Rodgers back, but he overstepped the mark today. He has brought the negative attention on himself.

13. FrankMcCallum

Fair enough.

The rules might say we’re obligated to speak to them, but the rules on broadcasting and commercial issues aren’t enforceable, as expertly proven by the Huns on several occasions.

What they going to do, chuck us out the league if he doesn’t speak to her again?

It’s a privilege to speak to our manager and one we don’t need to adhere to. He can also just come out and give one word answers if he wants.

She shouldn’t be so smarmy and provocative if she wants his honest cooperation. She and her Hun colleagues have history for this.

14. FrankMcCallum

You’ve declared Danny McGrain a Lisbon Lion.

Bit suspicious when you don’t know the most basic information about our history to be fair.

Darksel, The_Bhoy, murphy88 and 2 others like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't think he should've said it, but tbh i'm kinda liking the fact that Rodgers is getting tetchy with the Media, he's right in what he said about a narritive being written for this season.

neilly1987 and Bayern Bru like this.
  16. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Jesus Christ

Allah Akbar

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Jane Lewis is a daft hun boot, I’ve no issues with Rodgers calling her anything. Within reason. And ‘good girl’ is within reason. Rodgers having a patronising and slightly arrogant tone isn’t a headline, we all know what he’s like as will she and her colleagues.

She’s been a sleekit * with us for years and years.

kinglenny and neilly1987 like this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Rodgers should've offered her a square go, wid be a hard wan tae call. :56:

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    “Good girl” is definitely inappropriate. Go say it in any workplace to a colleague or client and they’d have a right to pull you up on it.

No point in pretending otherwise, but not point in making a massive deal out of it either.

The Prof likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe he meant John Clark TBF. I can imagine Rodgers telling one of his "stories" about him too.