1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Kelly

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Mar 24, 2022.

Discuss Daniel Kelly in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crilly Hakuhna matata

One thing saying about getting in lennon miller (who I really want) and not missing the boat on such a talented youngster but then having a youngster here at the club who’s played for our first team with bundles of talent and potential, we’d be mental to let him go I’ll be raging. This lads gonna be class. Hopefully he’s just trying hard to get a better deal from us instead of pushing for a move and hopefully we get the finger out and tie him down

martin_d likes this.
  2. gary88

Real shame if we let this lad go after bleeding him in this season. Hopefully the bhoy stays as looked decent enough in few times I've seen him

martin_d likes this.
  3. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    * him, * off already.
    Sick of * like these who jump at the first chance they get.

4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm more sick of horrible so called fans calling our young talented guys * etc, and saying * them and telling them to * off but that's just me.

5. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    I'll stop calling them * when they stop acting like little spoiled wee *.

These * can't even win the * lowland league, they've done nothing to earn bumper contracts. They dont deserve it yet.

Put in the hard work like ralston and Welsh and you'll get that bumper contract reward.

I'll take 100 ralstons over * like feruz, karamoko, doak, vata, Kelly and the rest.

If they don't want to play for celtic then let them * off.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't think he will leave.

Creativecelt and Hammy89 like this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Where do you start with this?

We do not provide any chances for players to break into the first team. Doak has had more games at Liverpool than he would've done here.

I can't understand that they don't deserve a chance/bumper deals. Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Chelsea etc are after our youngsters. They clearly have something about them to have that standard of club wanting to sign them.

Ralston and Welsh are rare breeds where they know they're not good enough to cut it in the starting xi regularly. They also haven't had anywhere near the same level of interest as those boys you've mentioned so they never had the chance to move.

When people say we're entitled because we demand to win everything every year, they're wrong.

Idiotic posts like yours shows how entitled an idiotic fraction are.

8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Simplest answer to this is if Ben doak had stayed at us, he wouldn’t be in the Scotland euros squad. We’d have consistently played every other winger before him until giving him 10 mins here and there

9. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We need to bring guys like this through. Can't be overstated how important home grown players are to our club. Tierney, MacGregor and Forrest in recent seasons for example have been the building blocks of our success.

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    There is a minority of very vocal fans who simply don't give our younger players a chance and demand them to be the finished article right away. These players need developed and ill be inconsistent.

They are far more forgiving of project players that come in, some are still hoping to see Shved get a run in the team...

Hopefully Rodgers will also recognise these young players that can be the future lifeblood of the club and bring them through. As has been said there are players at our club being scouted by teams in bigger leagues, and also in our own league that our own scouting system for whatever reason are bypassing for so called gems.

Creativecelt, The_Bhoy and Hammy89 like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe when the club actually start giving youth a chance instead of buying * for 3 and 4 million they will stay

12. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Doak would 100% have established himself as our starting RW this season, daft to say otherwise. He was being given opportunities in title deciding games straight away ffs. He's the one player who's came through and looked 100% ready to play for us from the start.

Kelly has shown he's a good talent but imo he needs a loan to refine his overall game. Ideally he'll sign a new deal and do what Lawal has done this season, aiming to be a regular for the 25/26 season. Lawal should be aiming to get Bernardo type minutes next season for us.

But for me Doak was an outlier, he looked ready to start had he signed a new deal. I think Kelly and Vata for that matter will need a loan move before they get starts for at a big club, whether it's here or elsewhere. Think Vata in particular has hindered his own development this season by refusing to sign a new deal, he could've had a good 6/12 months out on loan this season and been in a similar postion to Lawal will be come pre season. Whereas now whether he stays or not he'll probably need a loan next season to a lower level regardless of what other clubs are promising him to tempt him to sign.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    Morcombe and 10/4 Kemosabe like this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    They're * for seeing millions spent on * like Tilio, Holm, Kwon and Yang but never being given a chance themselves? Honestly I'd be raging if I was a Celtic colt and I saw this conveyor belt of bollocks blocking my path.

We don't get good loans for any of our youth players. They need to be out at teams like Ross County, St Johnstone and Hibs.

Also football is a short career, and one that can end at any moment. If someone offers you 10kpw meaning you can buy a property by the time your 21 so even if you don't make it you are sound while you look for a new profession or play lower league, you'd take it.

Morcombe, AdamRS and NomDePlum like this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Doak would have been ready to play, but I'm not sure Ange would have played him much. He was definitely right to leave.

Vata I agree has kind of hindered himself, I think he has expected to play but by not signing he's essentially got a year less development. But he's still young so heading out at 19 he can still come good.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    We need to sign Lennon miller this summer and loan him back to Motherwell for the season before he goes for £££s to Europe or england

16. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I'd be playing him over kwon, holm etc.
    Our own youth get overlooked so often and when you think of some of the clubs they move onto, Munich and Liverpool and the likes they must have something about them

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou could be set to raid his old club with Tottenham Hotspur joining Manchester United in the race for Celtic midfielder Daniel Kelly.

The English giants are tracking the teenager's progress as talks continue with the Hoops over a new deal, with Kelly able to speak to potential suitors from July when he enters the final six months of his contract.

Kelly worked and trained under Postecoglou previously during the Aussie's trophy-laden season in charge of the Hoops, although never made a first team appearance. Spurs' interest would be to bring Kelly into their under-23 and academy setup at the London club, who have kept tabs on the player for a number of years.

German champions Bayer Leverkusen, who have made a formal approach, are among clubs on the continent showing a strong interest in his services as well, alongside Italian Serie A sides Bologna and newly promoted Como, where Cesc Fabregas is assistant boss

Lanarkshire Live Sport understands Kelly is keen to stay with his boyhood heroes - but the Scottish champions are offering the 18-year-old between three and four times less than what others waiting in the wings are willing to offer.

Highly-rated Kelly could be on as much as £9,000-a-week if he chooses to leave Scotland and should he depart this summer, clubs would only have to pay the Hoops £490,000 in training compensation.

The East Kilbride ace has enjoyed a fantastic breakthrough season with the first team, netting his first senior goal on his debut in a 7-1 win over Dundee at Celtic Park in February, and making five appearances as the Hoops won a league and cup double under Brendan Rodgers

The former St Leonards Primary School pupil first caught the eye of Celtic playing above his age group for East Kilbride Caledonian Thistle's 2004 team and has been with the Hoops ever since

18. kenniemk2

If he goes to clubs like Man Utd or Leverkusen it’s about money and not game time that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye they don't give young players a chance in Germany do they

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Near impossible position we're in trying to keep him. No way can we justify the kind of wages he'd get elsewhere at this stage, to have any chance of keeping him weren't gonna have to guarantee him first team football I think.