1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's still wildly inconsistent IMO.

Giakoumakis is my number 1 striker. I don't think the constant rotation helps either though.

2. G40B

He gets away with murder compared to other players.

There’d be pages and pages of complaints, had Abada or Maeda put in the performance Kyogo did at the weekend.

I also don’t like the way Giakoumakis gets talked down in order to blow smoke up Kyogo.

Giakoumakis has terrorised Sevco in a series of thumpings, whereas Kyogo has done zilch.

Ryanm1984, martin_d and Skelleto like this.
  3. Lewis Kerr

He has moments of genuine class but has struggled for consistency this season. As we saw at the start of last season he thrives running in behind when the game is open. In Scotland, 99% of teams camp in front of their penalty box so that immediately negates his best quality.

He has the ability to get more involved in the link up but he often drifts out of games. If he was more clinical it wouldn't be an issue, but when he's on the periphery and fails to convert the chances he gets then it becomes more of an issue.

I think we overestimated his ability last season and got caught up in the hype but he's still a very good player, his confidence looks much lower this season though. I've said it before in a tongue and cheek way but this season he genuinely reminds me of a Japanese, more technical version of Leigh Griffiths. Griffiths was always a danger in the box but in Europe often looked ineffective and missed a bucket load of chances each game even when he was scoring. In his 40 goal season he probably should have scored about 60, he missed that much.

I really wish he put on a bit of muscle. He's a tiny guy but skinny as * as well. I can't help but feel if he built himself up and became stronger he'd have more success in holding the ball up and offer us a different dynamic. In that respect Giakoumakis is light years ahead of him and should start the more physical games. His performances vs the huns and Madrid are perfect examples of what he brings to the team instead of Kyogo.

gazb1888, martin_d and dmccourt95 like this.
  4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I think he’d be frightening in Hatates roll tbh, not a natural striker for me or certainly not my type of striker anyway. I’d love to see him in the 10 role

saltire78 likes this.
  5. saltire78

That's because Kyogo is specifically unsuitable for the Huns though. He doesn't go down under tackles, and lacks the physical strength for the physicality of them. He should NEVER start against them if GG's fit and available - he's well able for them. There's also always an agenda pushed about him diving before we play them in the media, so it's all set up for them to kick him about. GG just gives it back without flinching

But, coming off the bench for last 20mins when they're tired... That's a different kettle of fish. Only problem being that if he's needed early or we're behind and they're bunkered in I can't see him getting us out of trouble.

With GG and Kyogo we should be clear to them about how we'll play it hem and go with best for the specific opponent. If pushed into the corner though, I'd pick GG domestically on most occasion

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hardly getting away with murder, most folk can admit and see he isn't as on fire as he was last season, but he's still leading our goal scoring charts for the league with 10 goals and putting the work in.

Doesn't always come off, but its not often through lack of trying.

As for Giakoumakis against the Huns, most would agree that he should start as kyogo against the thugs they will employ is normally not going to work.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I agree that the 10 position is where he’s probably best, but we’ve at least 2 (arguably 3 or even 4) players better suited to it than him at this moment.

8. EddieBhoy1986

Strange one to me that Kyogo is the one they always give stick for diving when he is a tough wee * that rarely goes or stays down, while big GG is always rolling about trying to win us fouls.

9. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    You're still my favourite Kyogo

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  10. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's absolutely fine if folk prefer Giakoumakis, that's who I lean towards the now, but saying Kyogo can't cut it against big, physical defences is a load of * though.

Literally every * he comes up against is much bigger and stronger than him. He just competes against them in a different way than Giakoumakis does.

Sometimes he's the man for it, sometimes he's not. Same goes with GG.

11. EddieBhoy1986

He body slammed someone the other night, to say he can't handle physical defences is a nonsense.

cammy07 likes this.
  12. cammy07

it’s just a label that’s stuck now. He’s more than capable of mixing it against the defenders in our league. It’s hardly his fault that the hun hatchet man was sent out with one job to do and done him early.

His performances haven’t been as good this season, no doubt about it but he’s still our top scorer despite being rotated in and out the team all season.

Saying all that, he was poor in Europe and didn’t even come close to showing how good he can be, which is probably why he’s not going to the World Cup.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Yeah I actually thought he played well there v Shaktar and as iv said before he's far too good a player to be involved so little as has happened a few times. Killie away and Saturday he had less than 20 touches. Some games he's just not suited to playing as a striker for us.

As we play with 2 number 8/10s I'm struggling to see the 3 or 4 better than him tho mate, Hatate 100% and oriley who's unlikely to be here much longer. That's it for me. He's certainly a better option than Mooy or Turnbull

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    If statistically he has the best minutes to goals ration in our team, then why does he get labelled “inconsistent” and “getting away with murder”?

Anyone who doubts him should look at his movement and overall play vs motherwell. I bet he would top close to every measurable metric relevant to a striker at Celtic.

Officer Doofy and Liam Scales like this.
  15. RockhardBoss

I agree, Kyogo's p90 league numbers are better this season than last season. His goals per shot is also higher than last season, and the highest in the team.

16. EKCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Kyogo can fight like *

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its why is complete nonsense thats getting spouted by a minority of our support. Literally people doubting him and saying he would be better as a 10 when he is statistically our best striker.

How there are some who cant appreciate his overall play is beyond me. He has nothing to prove. He is technically excellent.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Hatate doesnt even play as a 10.

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    You seem enraged that some people have a different opinion, calm the * down.

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not enraged at all. The guy has been immense for us since he has been here and you are suggesting that he would be better as a 10. Naturally, its gona provoke a strong reaction mate.