1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He’s still quality the whole team is out of sorts including him. He’s been probably one of the weaker players recently but he was the top scorer in the Japanese league and last season/beginning of this season he was class for us. Maybe could go for a spell out the team but I’d say he’s in our strongest xi normally

2. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Looking pish recently...

3. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    I'd have Forrest ahead of him in the pecking order. Showed some good signs when he came on and still has great technical ability and can beat a man not the athlete he once was but he is still twice the footballer than Maeda. Maeda only asset is his endurance and athleticism but the last month he has been getting outrun by every fullback he has been up against and been doing * all off the ball. Must have an injury because * knows what has happened to him.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Finally had a very good finish and called offside. Think he's getting a hard time tbh. Luckily he won't be on here with Google translate anyway :56:

5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He’s miles off it. I agree with those saying Forrest is ahead of him in the pecking order. I’m fed up of Maeda at this stage, lacks so much.

6. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's the same situation as with Hatate towards the end of last season ie player looks jaded and is totally out of form yet for some reason the manager keeps playing them, usually as a starting choice. The summer break did Reo the world of good, Maeda needs one now. Wee Jamsie showing glimpses of being back in form so hopefully Ange doesn't keep flogging a dead horse.

7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He did a mad thing right towards end. He was right down on the side line and tbf there wasn't really a pass on for him but he decided to play a suicide ball into our own box?! Looked like a through ball for a st J player. Might have been Mooy and my * eyesight.

Slaw likes this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Naw it was him. Imo he wanted Welsh to come across a bit for a safe pass and he never. He sort of stayed behind the attacker with a tight angle. If Welsh just came closer to the line for an easier pass it wouldn't have happened imo. At the same time, put the * ball out for a throwing snd get him telt don't suicide pass it to the box

steg and Artorias like this.
  9. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm wondering if he's maybe better through the middle - can use his pace and directness but his finishing would need to improve though he was top scorer in Japan so you'd think it can't be that bad. He's not able to beat a man out wide and it's kind of mandatory for a winger - he's not even beating them for pace at the moment.
    Hopefully a confidence thing and he'll get it back at some point.

10. celtic warrior

There are uses to his style...I love him and for whatever reason he's my favorite.

But he needs a wee break from the starting 11 and some serious coaching done to work on his control so he can take a long pass over a defender and actually run with it.

11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If his biggest attribute is his pace and contstant running then surely he should be used later in the game to run at tired legs. Really don't understand the amount of starts he gets.

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Has he outpaced a defender yet? He looks miles off it I don’t see him being here after this season.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think Maeda would have probably had a spell on the bench by now if it wasn't for our injuries. Last week Abada was missing, this week it's likely to be Jota, and Haksabanovic will probably be used through the middle instead of on the wings whilst McGregor is out. There is an argument to be said that Forrest should be ahead of him now.

He's a lot better than he's showing. He had the same limitations last season but he was solid for the most part.

steg likes this.
  14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Ballooning that cross sums him up..

Dross..

15. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Then Ange claps

16. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This guy is absolutely shocking

Slaw likes this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly just * punt. He’s like the attacking equivalent of Efe Ambrose. Can look solid for most of a game but what * use is it if he’s not going to score tap ins (or in Efe’s case, have an absolute howler once a game).

18. celtic20

That left-footed cross after getting the break of the ball....embarrassing stuff. Got to use the space. Getting real sick of his poor performance levels.

19. cammy07

Sick of the sight of him at the moment and I was a fan. His lack of composure for a guy playing in the champions league is an utter disgrace.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Much more like himself tonight, played well. You are always going to get the sketchy end product off him unfortunately but his work in the right areas both offensively and defensively was priceless for the team tonight.

HTG likes this.