1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bhoyyo, Apr 13, 2022.

Discuss Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyJamieson

This is how I see it unfolding. Mind you I wouldn't put it past us getting something in Germany. Tonight is a good result, it just could have been a great one. Focus on the positives and move on, still plenty to play for.

JML67, Rydo1888* and Keano88 like this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lanier is out if double header which is good news for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Picking up at least a point in Germany would be massive, if we do that then think that we can clinch 2nd !! Still not going to take the home games for granted but the way that we have been playing gives a lot of hope going into the remaining games

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If we can get seven points from remaining games and real continue to win then I think we qualify

If that happens will have made a nice 13 million on top set us up nicely for January transfer window

5. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    To get third we need to win both our home games. For second we need any sort of result in Germany. That being said if Shaktar and Leipzig draw each other in Warsaw and both pick up nothing against Madrid, then 2 home wins gets us second, even if we lose in Germany

6. Keano88

Still replaying the Jota, Giako and Maeda chances over in my heid.

Foley1888 likes this.
  7. Keano88

Big plus for us if true.

Wouldn’t be upset if Nkunku picks up a minor knock on international duty as well :fear:

elbhoydo and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Worked out we win 4-3 in Germany in a Classic, then beat them 3-1 at home then win our next home game 5-1. I honestly do not know what all the fuss is about leading to the Friendly in Madrid:84:

Dannybhoy81 and johnboy19 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Superb..

Aye Nkunku and Werner to pick up knocks and we're cooking..

10. Foley1888

Not fussed about the scores But would take those results. Even a draw away in a Germany and two home wins sees us through.

I am just worried how good Leipzig will be. I think they will be a lot better than what they were against them last year and Shakhtar. Hope I am wrong or we are just good enough to overcome it.

cidermaster and Morcombe like this.
  11. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Really think we need to disregard Shakhtars result against Leipzig, it was a freak result under a manager no longer there. I think we will lose away from home and it will be a very tough home game.

They have quality forward players who can definitely hurt us especially on the counter.

Bonus for us it’s a few weeks away and means we can get Haksa and Abildgard up to full fitness. Abildgard could be key in Germany if we want to be attacking but provide that security and cover for counter attacks.

12. Foley1888

A little off topic but was having a look at the coefficient standings after hearts getting a decent win last night with a bit of interest.

Next season is safe and already confirmed with Scotland in 8th we automatically qualify if we win the league.

That led me to Looking at the 24/25 season given the one year lag in points counting. It looks like the two countries to really keep an eye on are Austria and Belgium. This season we have pretty much matched the Austrians so far but Belgium, mainly down to Brugge and Union SG making good starts to their groups in CL and EL have racked up decent points already.

The Belgians are still a bit behind just now but may over take Scotland unless we at least get Europa and Hearts beat the Latvian team at home and maybe sneak a point of Fiorentina who don’t look to be taking. The conference league that seriously.

Mind you I believe as long as both don’t overtake us then Scotland should have automatic CL group place not just next year but the year after as well. It gives us a very good platform to go from the position we are in the now where we look strong domestically and have a chance to really build a very healthy club and talent pipeline.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Moore like this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Taking the positive that the manager they hired was the guy that lost to rangers as Dortmund manager

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The Belgians have had it easy apart from Brugge who have been a surprise package but they now have a double header with athletico

All double headers for Germans pretty hard so here’s hoping for some results over the next couple of games

15. Foley1888

Yeah that is true so will see how that works out in terms of results. It’s good to know the league winners are straight in next year again.

Not counting anything as it’s only been 6 games so far so a long way to go and one game at a time but winning the league again has those benefits of auto qualification a full summer off to prepare the team. Plenty of time to work on transfers, that lure to talented bosmans that we have CL again, as I could see a couple of our good prospects getting snapped up particularly if we do kick on in the remaining CL games this season.

Also thinking of the 24/25 CL is miles away but winning this years title, I think would put us in a very strong position to properly build something from a position of strength. Again you would go into the 23/24 season knowing win the league and your right in. It’s so beneficial financially and from a recruitment prospect. Even from a team development prospect, Ange says he wants us to be a CL club which is a vision I think that really fits where we should be looking to be.

Club Brugge are a good example, they got in last year done ok, have sold talent then spent significant sums on a few quality players to supplement an already strong team and off to a flyer this year.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Think the first team to take a point off Real take 2nd place, unfortunately I think it'll be Shakthar.

Think the game in Germany is the decider, we draw we can possibly get 3rd, beat, we'll finish bottom. Win, we'll could we'll be 2nd.

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Real Madrid unbelievable here..

What a side..

18. cammy07

Real Madrid are frightening. Valverde is unbelievable

19. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Leipzig tickets are on GS. Get in before the club tweets it!

Edit: They’ve disappeared… either sold out or mistakenly listed.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I checked instantly when you said and thought I'd missed them... makes me feel less disappointed now lol