1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's the one thing that lets him down for me. Cos other than that I think he's excellent lol weirdly I still think he'll score a barrel load of scrappy-type goals next season. But imagine what he'd be like if he was more composed...

Rydo1888* and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Replaced Kyogo v Brazil.

3. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Nearly knicked it off allison 5 mins to go unlucky.shouldve been 0- 0 was never a penalty.joke

4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Shocker of a penalty. Apparently you can’t shepherd the ball now and getting kicked while you are doing that is a penalty.

cfcturbo likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Scored for Japan at the Kirin cup

Dublin Celt, Twisty and Wllm like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

We need to get him that kind of service more, get him in an area where he can use his ridiculous speed to get on the end of balls that are put in close enough to the goal (within 3 feet) that even he can't miss :giggle1:

Dublin Celt likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

When yer da picks you up after a night out and he’s been waiting over an hour for you

[​IMG]

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Think I’ve just found my Dazo gif for next season

[​IMG]

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wllm likes this.
  12. celtic warrior

It's about time the Pukki Party was replaced :fear:

Avatar Daizen and honda like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Maeda Party.

14. celtic warrior

Just make sure anyone who has chinchillas are safely locked away.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/852894?page=1

The hands of the clock are about to lose the second half of the time.

The green guys who filled Celtic Park are ready for the victory song. The scores are very different. Three points will be accumulated in a few minutes.

Still, when I turned my eyes to the pitch, Daizen Maeda was running. A ferocious press is applied to a tough but ball-handling stopper that rolls the ball on the final line. The momentum is the same as immediately after the start of the game. The audience gave a big applause to their backs as they jumped into their prey.

Press against the opponent when defending, and aggressively run when holding the ball to the space. His team's best leg strength has made Celtic Park a specialty in just six months

I heard about running.

"If I run with all my strength in a different place, the lucky ball will eventually come to me. I think so. I want to continue doing it with this attitude. I can score goals when I can. But when you can't get it, you can't get it. That's right. There is an element of luck in the goal, so it's important to fight for the team even when you can't get points. "

Maeda came to Celtic in January. His first season was 21 games and 7 goals. He was criticized when he couldn't score, but now when he shows his sprint, part of the stand begins to boil.

Scotland has a culture that loves athletes who run, grind and fight.

"I think that a player with speed will like it no matter where he is. I have to put out that speed more and more. I want to put out more than now. I will show overwhelming speed. I can still show it. I don't think it is.

There are some parts that are more difficult than in Japan. Defenders are big, strong and fast. The pitch condition is also different. Besides, it is said that if you do not score points, it will be various, and if you score it the other way around, it will be. I thought I would stick to the score again. This was something I felt when I was in Portugal. "

Maeda experienced his first overseas life in Maritimo, Portugal during the 2019-2020 season. Everyday life on Madeira, an island in the Atlantic Ocean, was beyond imagination. For Maeda, who has such experience, Glasgow seemed like a big city without any inconvenience.

At Yokohama F. Marinos, who played after a tough battle at Maritimo, he met the current Celtic coach Postecoglou. He asserts that his second overseas challenge, Celtic, was chosen because of his teacher.

"The main reason I decided to come here was because there was Postecoglou. It's a big presence for me. I've always told him that I want to do it abroad again since I was in Marinos, so if I have a chance. I was doing it with my thoughts.

Unlike three years ago when he boarded Madeira Island alone, two Japanese players, Standard-bearer and Ideguchi, moved to Celtic at the same time. The degree of difficulty is incomparable compared to that time.

"I think that if there are four Japanese people, we can show our goodness, and that's a good part. I think that expectations for Japanese people are high, so if four people including myself can make a good impact. On the other hand, there are times when only Japanese people get stuck off the pitch and take the place where they should communicate with others. That is a difficult place.

However, since I was originally in Japan, I wasn't the type to communicate so much. The minimum necessary, not so much in detail. It doesn't change, so I just do it quietly on the pitch.

In Celtic, he secured a fixed position in one of the three tops, and Maeda's personality is addicted to offense and defense. How about the representative from Japan? Japan's opponents at the Qatar World Cup are Spain and Germany. If you don't run, Japan has no chance to win. Maeda's strengths will be necessary in terms of both offense and defense

In order to get a fixed position as a representative, you just have to score points. There are still some parts of me that are not clear about how to bring out my own characteristics.

The number of games is still small, so I honestly don't know what I want to do. I haven't adapted to the representative yet, and I wonder if it's about to come. When I get out of the middle of the game like before, I think it will be a play that presses the opponent. That is also my goodness. Anyway, I want to score points and express myself as such a player by playing.

At the request of Postecoglou, who trusts Maeda, the purchase was decided after the season. Where is the 24-year-old ambition now? Where is the 24-year-old ambition now?

"I've always been the same, but I'm the type who doesn't look too far ahead and goes up one by one. I don't have any particular goal to go here in the future. If I do it well with Celtic, I can grow. I think so

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Have we tried him on the right? Mostly shifted Jota there for him on the left or he filled in up top.

I think he’d be better on the right than the left.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would like to see him there at time's. Called for it before as well..

He is decent enough in the air and getting on the end of thing's. Plus he'd probably have better success when he gets in behind naturally sticking in ball's with his right foot..

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t think he’d be good on the right. Think we saw him there once or twice. He’s at his best going to the byline and pinging in low crosses imo.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Mr Shelby and craigtheceltic like this.
  20. horseshoe

I'm sure in some games they switched wings a few times just to mix things up, but Ange played him on the left side more often than not for Yokohama aswell, think he just prefers him there. I'd say last season it made sense having his pace and defensive workrate on the left side since pace is the thing that Taylor really lacks.