1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Should never be conceding that goal. Made a big save after.

Terrible with the ball at his feet under the slightest bit of pressure again.

Mentioned it before but seriously worried about him in the CL.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes been massive for us this season.

Poor for their goal and just a shame it had to come in this game. But saved us a couple times after.

Still quality. And I don't think hes helped out at times by the defenders giving him the ball. We need starfelt or CCV to step out more often. Starfelt did it once today and it helped massively.

Would love Ajer in this side.

3. Onefootwonder

He had my stomach in knots a few times today. This playing out from the back gives me a heart attack and Hart isn't good at doing it. He's panicking and it makes everyone else panic.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  4. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s not a sweeper keeper.

the sooner Ange realises it the better.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. AussieGreek

Can’t really blame him for the goal. Super hard and extremely accurate - most keepers would’ve struggled with it.

Slaw and Pacific Ocean Blue like this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That goal. That's the type of goal where the ball is hit so hard your not getting your body down in time for a save. A save imo he would have made by moving his right foot an inch to the right instead of trying to get down and use his hands. Kick the *. I see loads of goals like that. The keeper wants to get down and save it when a simple foot would save it.

8. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    This can be reversed aswell, amount of times he's far to quick in trying to get the game going and passing it out to either ccv or Starfelt putting us under immediate pressure and ends up getting it passed back to him. It's no doubt what Ange wants but it's far to * nervy for me haha.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

"We played for the W"

I cringe at that talk he's not 12.

He needs to learn to calm the * down when we're in the lead he was rushing to take goalkicks short at 1 0 yesterday I assume obviously this comes from the manager

Wee Baldy likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

* sake the guy is class. Being beat at your near post isn’t great and he’s not perfect if he was he wouldn’t be with us. Great keeper overall and has been one of the main reasons we are winning the league.

craigtheceltic, Hammy89 and Morcombe like this.
  11. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

I'm pretty sure from the whole instagram debacle when he was at Spurs that he doesn't actually run any of his own social media. At the very least not his post match posts.

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

This whole 'keeper beaten at his near post is an automatic mistake' rhetoric needs to go. In a lot of cases its true, but that was a great finish by Sakala. Not like it went through Hart or anything, hard and precise and it was by Hart before he could get down.

Sometimes it's just a good strike, not always a mistake.

Although I can understand arguments for him going with his feet there so maybe I'm wrong :giggle1:

craigtheceltic, Wllm and Slaw like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Ive been one of Harts biggest fans this season but he shouldn’t be beaten at his Near post.

Sorry but that’s a poor excuse it’s wasn’t even that hard or accurate either. Hart got his angles wrong plain and simple.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His save off Arfield was excellent and I don’t really buy into him doing better with their goal having watched it umpteen times. It’* with venom and couldn’t have been closer to the post if he placed it with his hand.

The moving the ball quick and passing it to the centre halves instead of punting it (at times) is frustrating but that’s not his decision, he’s been asked to do it.

Hammy89 and Slaw like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANGE Postecgolou has tipped Joe Hart to remain Celtic’s first choice keeper for years to come after his summer signing’s standout display against Rangers on Sunday.

Hart ensured Postecoglou’s side drew 1-1 with Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s team at Parkhead and remained six points clear of the defending champions in the cinch Premiership.

The former England internationalist denied Scott Arfield with a brilliant reaction save in the second-half when the Ibrox club were pushing hard for a late winner.

The Celtic manager feels the ex-Manchester City player has been instrumental to the success which the Glasgow club have enjoyed during the 2021/22 campaign.

And he predicted the 75-times capped 35-year-old, a £1m acquisition from Spurs back in August, can continue to perform at a high level for the foreseeable future.

“Joe’s still young for a goalkeeper,” the PFA Scotland Manager of the Year said. “I just felt he’s still got a bit to prove. He’s said himself he needed a bit of love and I knew he’d get it at this football club.

“I knew the supporters would embrace him and he’d love it here with the group we were putting together. There’s no reason he can’t keep it going for a lot longer.”

Postecoglou, whose men could wrap up the Scottish title this weekend, revealed that he had signed Hart for Celtic last year as much for his presence and personality off the park as his playing ability on it.

“That was one of the reasons we brought him in,” he said. “We identified pretty early we’d lost some experience in the group and we wanted to bring some experience in to the team.

“I thought Joe was a top quality goalkeeper. But the background we did on him showed to me is a first class person and a real leader in the dressing room.

“He’s been fantastic this year. To be fair, we haven’t needed him a lot as a goalkeeper, but on Sunday we did. He stood up and that’s why he’s a top keeper. Irrespective of his influence on games, his influence around the dressing room has been important.”

AussieGreek and Rydo1888* like this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t blame him at all for the goal. As others have said, Sakala hit it low hard and perfectly into the bottom corner.

Wllm and Hammy89 like this.
  18. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Same. The power beat Hart but I'm not entirely convinced Sakala meant to put it in at the near post btw. Looked like he kinda sliced the ball but just caught enough of it to generate the power. He's too uncomposed to be that cute.

That reaction save from Arfield won us one of the most important points of the season though.

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Sakala played his best 45mins of his life. It's not the first time someone pish has had a freak game against us and it won't be the last.

I hope this performance makes them think he's capable of taking over from Morelos when he leaves.

He's 25 and won't get much better. He won't play like that again for a long time.

Wllm likes this.
  20. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye a keeper is always going to be criticised for being beaten at his near post but sakala absolute smashed it.

This constant passing around the back when under pressure gives me the biggest fear, it's just inviting a stupid mistake and will end up costing us one of these days.

There is no shame in some circumstances just booting it up the pitch.

Wee Baldy likes this.