1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Barry Coffey

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 10, 2020.

Discuss Barry Coffey in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He really is for sure. Bohemians are actually playing some really good attacking football this season too. Pity the pre-season was so limited as I think that probably played a big part in the dreadful start to the season otherwise the team would be right there challenging for the title. There was just no rhythm or cohesion in the final third over those first 9 league games but since then wow it has really just taken off.

thailandceltic likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah it was an absolute shitshow the start but as you said under very difficult circumstances.. so many new players and no time to integrate them(sound familiar). But now we are playing some great football.. last two games at the aviva is probably some of the best football since Dundalk a few years back I've seen from an Irish team.. That includes the international team ha.. Burts run and assist last night for the third was top class..

eire4 likes this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This convos as confusing to me as the Aussies talking bout the Olympics.

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bet Barry gets ticket for Waterford game this afternoon.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Noskeil likes this.
  6. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Not a great standard tbh but Atleast he’s getting game time, would’ve targeted him be loaned to the Irish premier division

Fontaine, eire4 and martin_d like this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Player of month with cork city. Ye it's a low enough standard but this guy is probably the best equipped of all our mid prospects to suit Ange style.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen and Crilly like this.
  8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’s a really low standard mate. He was playing at a higher standard in the north last season and did reasonably well.

I get that the loan suited from a geographical point of view and he gets to be close to home, but he really should have been going up another level from Cliftonville this season and proving himself there. He’s taken a step the other way and it doesn’t really benefit anyone other than the loan club.

Dublin Celt, Crilly and Fontaine like this.
  9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye but it's only till end of year so he could easily get a more challenging loan for second part of the season in England or Scotland. Too many of our young players play absolutely no competitive football. Scary to think when last time likes of Henderson or connell played any competitive minutes

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    He's from Tipp?

*,I was just about to wish him well

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes he is from Nenagh.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I remember back in early eighties, playing hurling against Nenagh and they had a player called Noel Coffey, often wondered if any relation. Then, bumped into Noel in Italy during the 1990 world cup, nice guy and a good hurler, think he actually made Tipp underage team.

14. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    I watched Shane Long play in a Minor Munster Final before we played Tipp in the Senior

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic B player Barry Coffey is to continue his loan spell with Cork City until the end of the season.

The midfielder spent the first part of this season on loan at the League of Ireland First Division side, winning the Player of the Month award for August, and the 20-year-old has scored four goals in 11 appearances for Cork City since joining in July.

Cork City currently sit in sixth place in the league table, having won eight games, drawn nine and lost 10 this season.

Barry Coffey will return from his loan on June 9, 2022, and everyone at Celtic wishes him all the best for the remainder of his time at Cork City.

Cork City are delighted to confirm that Barry Coffey has extended his loan spell with the club until the summer.

The midfielder joined on loan from Celtic last summer, scoring five times in twelve appearances for the club in 2021 and he told CorkCityFC.ie that he is keen to pick up where he left off: “I’m delighted to get it done and delighted that it is done before pre-season starts, so I know what I am doing and where I am going. Coming back to Cork City is a very exciting way to start 2022, so I am over the moon.”

“I am very excited for the club and the team, and the aim now is to push on and, hopefully, have a great season. It was unfortunate that crowds were limited for a while with everything that was going on, but I was well welcomed by the fans and I want to perform for them. I am really looking forward to seeing them come out in their numbers again, and hopefully we will get big crowds in again once the season starts.”

City boss Colin Healy expressed his happiness at the news, saying: “Barry obviously came in for the second half of last season, and he made a big impact, so we are very pleased to have him back here again. He has shown that he has an eye for goal and we are looking for more of the same from him again in 2022. It is great to have him back on board, and I would like to thank Celtic for their assistance in getting this deal done.”

16. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wish we brought him back and loaned him to another team in our league so we can see if he is actually good. He seems to have done really well in Ireland this season though.

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    So unless we extend it out again in summer which I reckon is very likely to happen he will play the first 18 games of the 36 game season. It seems to have gone well for him at cork city so probably the right move. Some more time close to home might revitalise him. Sending him down to a Scottish championship side for second half of season hasn't benefitted any of our players in recent times. Although it seems his contract expires with us at end of may 2022 so who knows what's going on in the background.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Another one bites the dust.. very little room for young players to break through as every game for us is a must win. Championship club academy's seems to be the way to go. Shaw, urhoghide, connell etc etc are testament to that