1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Seems like a nice guy and respect him for taking a wage cut. Think he’ll thrive in a packed sellic park

Artorias likes this.
  2. Maestro 08

Make up lady has went tonto

Artorias likes this.
  3. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Seems really eager to get to work as he said. Hopefully he can recapture his confidence and form from a couple seasons back. Will be good for the defenders to have a presence like his behind them and to organise them

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Class that from Joe fair play can tell he’s not came up here with his head up his own * from that short interview in the manner he speaks. Good to hear him speaking in regards to cal Mac like that “ I look forward to playing for Him” but it’s got to be said that Gerry McCulloch is brain damage.

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    This is the type of player we need... hungry even if passed his best.

Much needed experience ...a couple more experience players wouldn't go a miss right now....ones with their heads firmly planted on the ground.

He's got a set coming up here with the state were in ATM....fair play.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

New Celtic signing Joe Hart has revealed he looked to former hero Fraser Forster as inspiration for what Parkhead can do for a goalkeeper's fortunes.

The former Manchester City shot-stopper joined on a three-year deal after leaving Tottenham Hotspur for more game time.

He's joined up with his new Parkhead team-mates over in the Czech Republic as an 11th-hour addition to the camp to face Jablonec in the Europa League on Thursday.

It casts doubt over Vasilis Barkas and Scott Bain's places in the team with Ange Postecoglou forced to bring in the ex-England No.1 after a string of errors from both of his existing options

And when asked by Celtic TV what he made of the initial interest from the Glasgow side, Hart said: "I was pumped!

"I'm very good friends with Fraser (Forster). I know how well he's done here, I know how well he's thought of here and deservedly so.

"If you're not from Scotland, as a guy from outside of Scotland, Celtic is known all around the world for those passionate reasons.

"A great fanbase, a great stadium, history, European nights. These are all things I'm looking to be a part of."

Described by Postecoglou as a "first class" signing, Hart is grateful for the welcome he's received.

"I'm humbled to be here and I'm looking forward to working with the new manager," he added.

"All the players, I've literally just met them 15, 20 minutes ago.

"So it's a whirlwind, but I want to get to work, wear this badge with pride, and hopefully do some good things.

7. Sgt Neppers*

Welcome... our new number 15 :83:

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I've been a big critic of his since he left man city but I'm hoping he gets back to his best while he's with us. On his day he is a fine shot stopper, and compared to the two imposters we've had to endure he is a huge step up.

Welcome :ange2:

9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Buzzing for this the more I get used to the idea of him being our number 1. We get that defense sorted out I can see a massive improvement in the amount of goals we concede. And he's the kind of * that can keep players on their toes. Superb stuff cannot wait to see how he settles in.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surprised at that interview. Always thought he came across as a bit of an * down south but can clearly see he’s absolutely desperate to get his career back on track and will give everything to get it right here.

Taking a wage cut to come here when he could get stupid money down south for the next decade just being a backup keeper speaks volumes.

Hopefully gets some confidence back and form returns.

11. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    Feels kinda weird having Hart at Celtic, not in a bad way. Here's hoping it's a good move for him and us... bring it on!

12. jambo_cfc

Look at mcgregor at rangers , has a clanger in him but can also pull off unbelievable saves also and thats what we are getting with hart. Hart compared to barkas or ban could be worthh an extra 10points

13. Gurru 991

Not a lot of clubs lining up to give him stupid money. He failed at Burnley & West Ham & was pretty much a practise keeper at Spurs. Lots of good young keepers in the English game right now !! Celtic is pretty much his last chance.

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Keepers like Lee Grant and Ross Turnbull get stupid money to sit on their *.

Even if Hart is a disaster here he’ll still get an EPL club if he doesn’t care about first team football to give him money for fuckall based on the fact he’s English and counts as a homegrown player in that league.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    So what your saying is there is a chance:68:

john2061 and Gurru 991 like this.
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Would be better then nothing but I would sell if we could and move on.

17. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's won me over with the wage cut and the respect he has shown to both spurs and ourselves.
    Still have huge concerns about the position because its not an easy task anymore. Somehow, somewhere, sometit decided that the majority of a game of football should be played with defenders and a goalkeeper:39:
    The early games of the season we have seen the keeper with the ball at his feet under pressure too many times for my liking. I hope he can cope with this.
    Either that or he just boots it tae *, * the manager. I'd rather get ma baws roasted aff one australian than sixty thousand celts:ynwacelti

Smithy likes this.
  18. Gurru 991

Funny you say that. He is quite good at long balls upfield !

19. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    :56:good, my kinda keeper. I double dare the * tae boot it when he gets it. The way our keepers have played this season it seems they are under strict instructions not to. Even when the situation is crying out for it. It's going to be heart in the mouth stuff watching Joe Hart try and play a short passing game with whoever is in front of him. Jury's out for starfelt as well

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    * over the moon we have a first team keeper now and that * Barkas will never see the light of day.