1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    An Australian journo wrote that Ange had his uefa pro license. James Forrest actually done some real journalism and asked Uefa the question and they have confirmed he does not indeed have the Uefa pro license.

With regards to Gerrard he had done both his A and B licenses and had started / was starting his pro license, the situations are incomparable.

cat123 likes this.
  2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    You have probably put me on ignore but I'll reply anyway.
    You are jumping to conclusions that I am sticking up for the board but I am sticking up for the guy who may become our new manager, I just don't think it is going to be as bad an appointment than most people expect.

If you get this message explain how my logic is twisted and how I am behaving like a complete *?
    I often wonder how people like yourself can manage to go to a boozer and have a conversation with someone who disagrees with you, do you put them on ignore as well?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    The big Viduka and Noskeil like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yeah spot on. Like we are doing him a favour so he should be grateful for what he gets. Its mental. Celtic board need to get out of the way of themselves. Non footballing people making “footballing” decisions.

seanm likes this.
  4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Aye that's weird. Always had him down as a Desperate Dan man, the * reprobate.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yeah tbh mate i cant put much context on the interview and from what I gather he has achieved a lot since then.

But in isolation, to be losing against teams such as china, Laos and Jordan isnt good enough if Oz were ranked a good bit above. Not exactly known for the technical quality of their players either.

The point im trying to make is, its not use to be saying “come and see the work we are doing on the training ground” if it doesnt translate to results on the pitch. That wont fly. Almost akin to Brendan Rodgers’ “We are still learning.”

The big Viduka likes this.
  6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Gerrard was in the infancy of his managerial career and was relatively young for a manager.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Am I reading this right? James Forrest contacted UEFA to see if the Ange deal was possible?

Antz1888, Ciaran_67 and seanm like this.
  8. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    James Forrest is what is called the talented man

seanm likes this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    On the face of it, the decision is hard to justify.
    Even from a business perspective, the risk is far too high too great and the odds of failure, also too high.

Dannybhoy81 and seanm like this.
  10. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Yep.

11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I * hate the way the club is run and believe we need change but I'm backing Ange Postecoglou as he's going to be the new man now.

I think this season will be a write off most likely and he'll come good next season with the backing of the support.

I think there are a few positive about this guy getting the job.

- He's not a yes man and looks like he's not afraid to walk away if he's being undermined.

- He has cut the deadwood everywhere he's went and brought in youth.

- He makes players better.

- He plays attacking football.

- He's hungry and has a point to prove.

I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a success but now he's coming we need to back him.

If it goes horribly wrong then it's just another reason we need to organise and remove Desmond and the other guys running the club like a pub team.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We've just wasted a a season, would be criminal to do the same again next season.

13. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    It's too late now for next season to be a success. We are up * creek. We hardly have a squad once the guys that are a certainty to leave, go.

It would be a miracle for the new players to hit the ground running.

seanm likes this.
  14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Postecoglou will need all the help and backing of the support he can get and maybe patience. However, if it turns out he doesn't bring in or allowed to bring in his own coaching team but has taken the job then I'm afraid he will fail. It will show he is a yes man and only there for the prestige of the job. If he is the man then so be it, we have to accept it but if Kennedy and Strachan are still by his side then we are going to struggle until the next manager is appointed.!

cat123 likes this.
  15. James Gold Member Gold Member

As if the huns haven't got enough of a head start given the position we are in the board are more than happy to give them a further 30 million

seanm and cat123 like this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

The Board had ample time to get rid of Lennon, but instead they allowed the * show to drag out, it was embarrassing watching it play out for as long as it did.

The same Board have just wasted over 3 months with nothing to show for it, no DOF and no manager, now they're apparently trying to get a 55 yr old who has never managed in Europe, a sure sign of desperation and total incompetence.

This Board are totally clueless and have made us the laughing stock, i wouldn't give em a * penny, they are running the club into the ground.

seanm, Sgt Neppers* and cat123 like this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'll judge on how the team plays. If we actually look interested then that's already a 100% improvement from before.

Mickmac and cat123 like this.
  18. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I thought he was a yes man at first too but by all reports he walked away from Australia after getting them to the world cup because he was being undermined. If he's willing to do that I don't think he would put up with it at Celtic.

After all what good is the chance to show your ability if it's being undermined. It's his reputation at stake.

seanm likes this.
  19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I can understand that none of us really know how good or bad this is going to be, I'm sure most of us don't watch Asian/Australian football. It just seems people are having a knee * reaction and not making an attempt to research the guys capabilities.
    I'd expect that the J league would be a tough league and possibly better than the SPFL but as I say I don't know much about Asian football

20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I agree with all of that. I honestly think the club have been run so poorly in the last few years that it looks deliberate.

seanm and Leone Naka Fan like this.