1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I think the summer would be the best time to start. Most of the SMSM and pundits are already trying to bring him down saying he wouldn’t deal with the pressure. If he takes this squad to Ibrox and loses they’ll be all over him.

2. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Load of * bollocks. He won’t be coming, I knew this was going happen after every * rag under the sun had his face plastered all over it. Now we look like * mugs and will end up with Keane or Kennedy.

3. Lewis Kerr

This has been my feeling for a few days now

4. celtic warrior

Love to see Eddie Howe come in, enforce actual professional standards, boss the league and every * just eats *.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There’s nothing to suggest it’s not happening. All the reports are still saying he’s verbally agreed to join, and an announcement could be made this week.

If he’s not here by the end of the week then I’ll start to worry.

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Did you read the Sun article?

7. davidhannah

The Scottish FA board still haven't been sacked for their perpetual gross incompetence, when they told everyone they were going after Michael O'Niell after Euro 2016 to bring back the old pal - Alcky McLeish. Yet the wee specky weed - his name escapes me, is still in the job in the board. Roy Keane would be the old pals act equivalent.

If we have to go after a second choice manager, we might as well through the towel in, and withhold the season books. Only the prawn sandwiches will be getting access for half of next season anyway.

But fortunately I'm a glass half full man, and I know Eddie Howe is just finalising his backroom staff and looking at houses in the prosperous areas of Newton Mearns online.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    It's 100% gonna be Eddie Howe, lets not get our knickers in a twist.

Realistically he aint coming in this season and i don't personally blame him, he wanted a year out to be with his family and relax i'm certain he'll want to continue with that in the final couple of months before throwing himself fully into our job and its some job. That doesn't mean he's not gonna be working behind the scenes to be prepared for the next season, just because he doesn't take immediate charge doesn't mean he's gonna sit and do nothing for months, he'll be watching games, training, coming around the place & most importantly be in contact with the board and the upcoming recruitment staff in regards to next season, he'll also be relaying messages to the current management team in regards to little things he wants putting so he can start next season and the players aint fully unaware of whats happening. When Pep took over at Bayern & City he didn't just do nothing lol all managers coming into clubs are working behind the scenes, but for the sake of continuity at the end of the season where we have lost the league i'm sure he may feel its best to let the current staff run it out & we go again next year. Perhaps not. But its gonna be Howe.

9. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Think with the excitement, we have jumped the gun a bit here.

This board have a habit of arseing up big time.

Just thinking the Ben Davies debacle wasn’t too long ago too.

10. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I just can't feel excited until this is made official.

Unprofessionalism is so rooted throughout the club that you can just never be sure.

If Eddie Howe does finally get the job, I can see the arguments for starting now and for waiting until the summer - there are some good points being made on both sides. In any case, I don’t think we'll be significantly disadvantaged either way, even though I'd probably prefer to have the momentum of a new season with a clean slate.

11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

The Scottish sun reporting that we are hoping to name him as manager this week but may not start until June. Let’s not panic just yet hopefully an announcement come friday

12. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Whoever the new manager is going to be I say its even too early to have him start for the beginning of preseason. Most of same toxic elements and wantaways will still be there at this time and we just can't risk him coming into contact with these toxic elements and wantaways.

I would suggest waiting until September 1st before allowing him to take office. That way we can have the toxic elements and wantaways sold before he gets infected by them. If any of the toxic elements and wantaways remain unsold by the end of the window then we could simply put off the new man taking up the post until February 1st, giving us another window to offload the toxic elements and wantaways before his presence defiled.

An added bonus of waiting until September 1st is we will most likely, with no manager, be out of europe by then and probably have lost to the huns. He then couldn't be blamed, by the fickle among us, for any of those failures. If we did remain in Europe by this time, probably best to put it off until we are out so there is no risk of the completely unbiased and balanced media in this country influencing our opinions, if this was to happen when the new man was in charge.

Artorias, Twisty and RockhardBoss like this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    You can always tell when we've made or are making a good appointment - the right-wing Hun rags and their various lickspittles are desperate for it to fail, and are already trying to stick daggers into the potential appointee.

Conversely, the same shower of *, weren't so 'concerned ' for the club when Lennon was running it into the ground. I seem to recall the supporters who took issue with successive humiliations to Prague and an embarrassing cup defeat to Ross County were 'entitled neds'. Funny that:rolleyes:

Luis1967 and Peej like this.
  14. fms06

DD being intensely private, Cant see him having EH in his london home for talks and allowing it to make the media, that was deliberate......they would only have been 2-3 people who would have known the details......before DD would have met him the baulk of the discussions would have been done. DD was just to secure it, bring it home, no way he would have met him without it looking more probable than possible......

I believe it's happening, the only thing that will halt it is another club with great potential coming in....

Peej likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

I wonder if he starts now, if could mean someone like Ajer at least stays until Jan which in itself could be invaluable.

16. RockhardBoss

If it's Howe, I want him in asap to have a look at the team, speak to the players as a team, and individuals, and basically just get to work. I think it would be a positive sign of his character to not be fazed by this *-show of a season.

Tommy25 and Mickmac like this.
  17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Tbh I think Ben Davies messed us about in that one

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

We're cashing in on Ajer and Eddie this summer. Regardless of who takes over.

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Take the 11/8 about JK with Hills and go about your week

:ynwacelti

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

I would rather someone like Howe come in now, look at the squad and the grab the board by the balls and let them know that serious investment is needed and whoever the DoF needs to focus on getting a new defence and a lm and rm

Tommy25 likes this.