1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

I doubt we could keep the sort of manager we would like for 5+ years in today's football.

What I feel we should have done when Brendan left is bring someone in to carry on the philosophy that he built. Instead we went backwards and now have to start from scratch.

I hope that if we do bring in someone like Howe, that when he is eventually poached by a club willing to pay more etc. That we have someone in place who understands the philosophy that they inherit.

Ideal world stuff but not unreasonable, in my opinion.

Marty McFly, Hammy89 and blackfish like this.
  2. Orsenfelt

Unfortunately we don't have a great record of doing that. We've got a board/owner that seems to get bored of success and just lets it rot until there's no choice but to put some effort in again.

3. Jeffrey

I think it’s time to point out the fact that while Eddy Howe is a good manager, he is not Brendan Rodgers. It would be impossible to imagine getting someone on his level again.

Definitely gets the excitement back but we’re already planning for his success before he’s even through the door, let’s take a wee step back.

ddub11, Hammy89 and Slaw like this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Eddie Howe is not Brendan Rodgers.

That is soap opera cliff hanger gold.

Can’t wait for the next episode.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Think your right mate re the striker s , let’s be honest this season none of them have really did anything of note, wouldn’t be surprised Griffiths end up back at Hibs

3 new striker s needed, hope you’re right re Mikey, definitely a talent there but he needs to bulk up a bit, any time he played this season was getting shoved off the ball and ragdolled like a young teenager

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yep..I've barely been on here in months but feeling positive again for once.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Just wait until it's all a swerve and Roy Keane is announced :fear:

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I don't think we can judge most of them on last season because they were managed by a clown..

I'd like to see all them given a chance under a new manager apart from maybe Griff.. think his time is up unfortunately..

Whats Howe track record on bringing through youth anyone?

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We don't really know.

However I would argue and have said in here the past week that we could sign Allegri or Ancellotti and there's genuinely no guarantees.

Plenty of big names have came here and failed, same goes with our rivals across the city.

We just have to hope he can. You could point it the opposite way and use lennon as an example. He knew all about what was required and IMO that hindered him this season as the pressure was too much. Firmly believe a manager with less connection and love for the club may have faired better.

We need a fresh direction, someone with no links to the club but with the ambition and quality to change things top to bottom. For me, Howe ticks every box.

FranceCelt, Hammy89 and The Prof like this.
  10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There's no doubt Lennon affected a lot of those new signings big time, especially Barkas imo, but I think Ajeti is just a lazy * and Klimala isn't good enough, and Griffiths time is 100% up, should have left during Rodgers final season.

Guess we'll see when the new manager is announced

Gyp Rosetti and thailandceltic like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    * deactivates account *

HTG likes this.
  12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I like Klimala, not a natural finisher maybe but can't doubt his commitment. Never got a run either.

Ajeti clearly wasn't fit from the moment he joined us and still isn't but same can be said for most of our squad this season.. maybe he might get a kick up the * from a new regime.

Again I'd like to see because let's face it we could be stuck with them.. as you said its a wait and see

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Howe wants Richard Hughes to come in as a technical director they worked together at Bournemouth according to Mcgowan also says the laptop and Kennedy will remain

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    They will remain in what capacity but? Can't imagine laptop will be sitting on the bench next season. * hope not. Never seen a worse case of nepotism. Kennedy seems to have a job for life with us but if Howe wants his own team in, where does he fit?

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I wouldn't be completely adverse to keeping Kennedy in a lower role if Howe wants him to stay, albeit I think if he does stay it'll completely kill any chances of him getting the Celtic job in the future.

No reason to keep Strachan imo, just punt him.

Rydo1888* and ThatBhoyLarsson like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Posted elsewhere not seen it here..

Mcgowans take:

Celtic are closing in on an agreement to name Eddie Howe as the club’s new manager early next week.
    And the former Bournemouth boss wants Cherries technical director Richard Hughes to join him in Glasgow.
    Howe held face-to-face talks with the club’s major shareholder Dermot Desmond in London this week.
    And the 43-year-old is now ready to commit to a move to Glasgow if the Parkhead hierarchy agree to the structural changes he wants put in place.

Sportsmail understands Howe is prepared to stick with current first-team coaches John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan, but wants former Scotland midfielder Hughes to oversee a restructuring of the football operations.
    Former Celtic striker Mark Burchill - now a Bournemouth scout - is also in line for a scouting job after head of football operations Nick Hammond quit his post on Wednesday.
    Howe left Bournemouth by mutual consent in August after the club were relegated from the English Premier League following five seasons in the top flight. Touted for the Crystal Palace job if Roy Hodgson departs, a move to Glasgow now looks more likely after Desmond provided assurances over funds to rebuild the playing squad and a revamp of football operations.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    According to the article I just posted the two of them are staying.. what @James said pretty much

Another wait and see ha

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Would expect (hope) Jason Tindall to join as assistant.

James likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My guess is Howe wants a few of the current staff to stay to help smooth the transition, Kennedy has been here for 11 years now and knows the ins and outs of the club very well, he's still a valuable asset to us imo, albeit I might be alone in thinking that :fear:

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mother of *.

James likes this.