1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Conor Hazard

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, Jun 29, 2017.

Discuss Conor Hazard in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
  2. Big C

You can only work with what you’re given and Bain was never going to improve to the level we need, he’s just not capable of that. Barkas deserves time to prove himself, in my opinion. Hazard must be dropped after his display during the 120mins on Sunday, complete bomb-scare. I’d put Barkas back in and give him a run of games because although he’s not exactly done brilliantly I think he’s the best of the 3 we have. I’d have fancied him to have dealt with the crosses better than Hazard has shown he is capable of. Ultimately though, until we can defend our penalty box better at crosses we are going to loose goals, fact. As a team we desperately need a couple of games without conceding, to build some confidence throughout the team.

3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Yea, I agree that Barkas needs time. Anyone who seen him over two legs against us in 2018 would see that he’s got quality and I think this is a problem of confidence. That said, I can see him being punted in January. From what I’ve seen of Hazard, his judgement seems quite poor. But that may be a question of nerves too. However that’s something he and Barkas must get over very quickly if they are to have a future with us.

4. besty7

Fav Celtic Player:
    johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone

I agree that Barkas looks as if he could be a decent keeper , Woods must have been happy with what was coming to the club and should be responsible for getting the best out of all the the keepers.
    Bain never had a decent reputation and I thought it was odd to give him a 4 year deal based on his experience.
    I sometimes think that the managers think anyone will do in goal ,it's only times like these that the fingers start pointing

5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I think with regards to Bain that the 4 year deal would have been offered by the club under the impression that he’d be happy to play back up for that period. Although I remember there were plenty calling for him to get the number one jersey ahead of Gordon in 2018-19. Goes to show we’ve had keeper troubles since Forster left the first time.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Pretty much this.
    Barkas needs time and a settled defence, some arm around him and help settling in to the club. For once, covid could actually be blamed a little bit on this one since there is no bonding at all.
    Hazard is showing all the inexperience in the world, but with fleeting moments of being competent if given help and time. His issue is we do not have that time, nor should he ever have gotten to the age of 22 and making his first appearance, woefully underdeveloped for his age and lacking in key experience. at 19-20 he should have had his first games, last two seasons (maybe one) should have been the cup keeper. Not tossed in like this (same goes for Welsh, but being outfield can be brought through earlier in age IMO).

Breathnach67 likes this.
  7. besty7

Fav Celtic Player:
    johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    very true, as I mentioned I think a goalkeeper is often thought of as the drummer in the band , everyone needs one but no ones intersested untill they drop a b@llock.
    personally i think Woods should take a lot of responsibility for the current situation he works with the keepers day in and day out and must be letting Lennon know who is up for it and capable.
    furthermore I doubt any if them would fancy the jersey at the moment ,which must be a first in many years

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, you make some excellent points.
    We have totally made a pigs ear of the goalkeeping situation, but best option going forward is Barkas, give him a run of games and then when the window opens, make a call.

9. Popes 11 Guest

Agreed!

Sydneysider and Dan Breen like this.
  10. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Frustrating as he seems like a good shot stopper but cannot deal with crosses when there's pressure on him. That's a few times now that he's totally flapped at balls.

11. Big C

As I said after the cup final this boy is not good enough and looks like he never will be. Basic error after basic error.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Done brilliant up till the end, he had punched and caught plenty crosses before that, then decides to flap at the last one.

As said before, he’s only young and will make mistakes, all young keepers do.

NomDePlum and Mickmac like this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

Nothing but a big * utter jobbie.

14. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Had a decent game up til the mistake for their goal. He'll sadly be judged on that.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thought he was having a really good game until the goal. The problem for me tonight wasn't the defence or keeper. The problem is we can't score enough goals. Let's face it in any previous season we wouldn't have been too bothered about conceding 1 goal at home against Hibs cos we'd expect to score 3 or 4.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

Seems to cost at least a goal in every game

The Phoenix likes this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A complete diddy.

The Phoenix likes this.
  18. shaunm

Never will be good enough

19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He made some good saves tonight, but * it at that free kick. If you come off your like as a keeper you better * win it, he missed, and it was a scramble to knock it off the line and it went straight to a hibs player, one that can shoot as well

20. shaunm