1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know mate, kinda only team I watch apart from Celtic, once as bad as the other, similar to Celtic in the way a team sits in well organised defensively against them and play on the counter and it’s 76% midfield sideway passing with no end result

2. Maddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bobby Petta... he was shite now he's betta
    What gets me is that they turn round and say the GB do not speak for the Celtic support and then they go off on one like they do!! They dismiss anything they don't agree with.

What has happened at our Club needs addressed and the Board don't give a *, they just bleed us dry.

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Yeh, chelsea were just too strong for them in the end however, they are a breath of fresh air and really enjoyable to watch.

4. Real Tim

* Rangers the scummy * will capitulate in January as always.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Aston Villa and Leeds have been a breath of fresh air tbf

6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Dunno how anyone can watch the EPL and all that * just now. Watching Celtic is so much hard work that I can't be * watching any teams I don't give a * about.

7. SuperZidane

Absolutely - they're unbeaten in 23 matches so clearly on the point of imploding. Luckily, this will exactly coincide with us turning into a fabulous team even though we have been **** all season and have won 2 in 11 (including a couple of 4-1 hidings).

I'm just off to the bookies to get my cash down for 10IAR.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If the GB didn't speak for the Celtic support then all we would be left with are a mass chorus of pundits who toe the Board line with the exception of Sutton.

If the GB only represented a small minority of fans then there would be no need for fences around our ground.

Any other season with fans allowed in grounds and Lennon would have felt the heat from the supporters after the first month.. but our crowd would have made a difference to results and performances I am 100% certain of that

Not happy with the board or Lennon at present but they are all stubborn * so we are stuck with them until we drop more points no matter how poor the performances are if we are winning.

Huns dont look like they will drop points and let us play catch up so Celtic need to start playing at the top of their game now.. no more time to turn it around.

4 months is plenty but I feel it's already been too long. When Dave King starts trolling our board and biggest shareholder then you know you've fallen about as low as you can go

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Maddie and Morcombe like this.
  9. SuperZidane

The players are not blameless but the main issue IMO is Lennon's misplaced arrogance. As you rightly say, he has always thrown players under the bus -obviously the players had had enough at Hibs and it's just much more noticeable with us now because we are in an awful spell.

In Joe Ledley's interview, he said that - if "Lenny" wasn't happy with a players performance on Saturday, he wouldn't speak to them at training on Monday or Tuesday - he would just glare at them and pass messages via Gary Parker.

That sort of behaviour might work if you're Jose Mourinho or Alex Ferguson - coming from Lennon, frankly it's just laughable.

That's it in a nutshell - Lennon thinks he's a top class manager and he's bang average. In his first spell with us, we were odds on to win the league 2012 - 2014 every year because the Huns went bust and then weren't in the league.

Same with Hibs when they were in the championship - they were clear favourites to win the league and did.

At Bolton, Hibs in the SPL and now with us - when the pressure is on and things aren't going his way, his immediate reaction is to throw players under the bus and accept no responsibility himself.

Some of the players behaviour is not admirable but they clearly have no respect for him as a coach or tactician and, as he constantly blames them for everything and nothing is ever his fault, is it any surprise they aren't motivated?

10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well maybe the players should be motivated by self interest..

Put in good performances and get a move away.. it's probably what the majority of our better players want anyway.

If you want out then play your way out or you will only get a move to a team worse than Celtic..

And where are all our youngsters that believe they are good enough.. why are they not beating Lennons door down and demanding the opportunity to play rather than underperforming first team regulars.

11. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We had 2 shots at goal and scored them... second goal in the dying seconds.

Wasn't a comfortable win in my eyes...bit of a stalemate game where we were defensively solid.

I'm not saying we didn't deserve to win...but it wasn't as cut and dry as some would make out.

12. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It feels like the situation is getting more tense, and less salvagable every day.

I like Neil Lennon a lot. I actually think he's a decent manager and, under the right circumstances wouldn't be averse to him managing Celtic again in the future. I feel like he will always be a decent short-term, emergency option for us.
    He did great work coming in off the back off the Tony Mowbray season. In terms of setting a standard, placing demands on the squad, reminding them of their responsibilities and getting back to basics etc, he was great. You have to say, he was also very good in coming in after Rodgers left us in the lurch. He settled things down, kept the players focused and lept a well-oiled machine running quite smoothly for a while.

He'd actually be an ideal appointment for the situation we're in now. I'd trust him to come in after someone else has failed, but don't trust him to clean up the mess he's helped create if that makes sense? Sometimes you're so much in the middle of things you can't see the wood for the trees, and I think that's what it's like for him now.

I might be talking * but hopefully some of that made sense!

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I get what your saying.

Personally nobody would want to come in after Rodgers, you cant beat that record, the only way is down. Now were down, another manager will see we can now be improved and improve his standing at the same time. So by the summer time, rafa will chuck his chinese project out the window and take us to european glory :fear:

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

There will be a good few managers who will fancy this job in the Summer if we go on to lose the title. Reputable club, big fan base, big budget (relative to rivals), talented squad, big chance of trophies and hard not to improve in Europe. The problem will be getting the CVs in front of Lawwell and not flung in a filing cabinet.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye they should add in the DPD delivery notes: "deliver to showers" that's the true secret to getting the job.

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Lose the photo of lawwell & Desmond, next to the hot tub with the hoover ( cordless Dyson) brush extension & the 2 plucked & shaved chickens.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  17. oh bhoy

rangers have been dead and buried for 8 years now ,sevco capitulated last season im surprised a real tim doesnt make this distinction .* lawell and co if they hand an 8 year old club their first ever title they have already * up by handing them a chance at their first ever major trophy

18. SuperZidane

Personally, I'll just be devastated that we've blown 10IAR when there was absolutely no need for it. If it makes you feel better than we've lost it to Sevco rather than Rangers* - good for you.

19. Sgt Neppers*

20. oh bhoy

its always good to be factually correct