1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Lambert's moment...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gil-Scott Heron, Mar 22, 2020.

Discuss Paul Lambert's moment... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

Remember it well. I was at this game . My da was over for the few days and me and my older cousin went on the day trip thou hot barred from that bus for awhile for trying to sneak 12 tins onto the bus getting of the boat. What's that up your arms and coat Thomas! Nothing haha a d where took if us :(
    If I remember right, it was a * of a night with the weather. We missed the day trip boat back home and had to stay the night. Great game to be at!

2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He’s chasing Slippys gig

richardm likes this.
  3. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I never understood how we'd signed him after he'd just won the champions league for Dortmund. Was he having issues in Germany, or was our pulling power just that high back then.

4. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His logic is peculiar, after reading the article a few times he basically says that because they are one of the big 2 then the appropriate punishment that a Hamilton or St Mirren would have got for the EBT, Liquidation episode should not apply to Oldco and the punishment should be downgraded to a fine as it's imperative they are in the top flight, UEFA took a similar stance on Man City seemingly in August.

When football ceases to become a level playing field as far as rules and regulations are concerned Celtic included then what we have is a sham, My guess is Lambert has been down in England too long where taking stuff like this for granted and basing even the morality of the sport on money is the norm

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    Think he needs a wee history lesson, still peddling this 'sent down to the bottom league' *..

richardm likes this.
  6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

His boy was sick, he actually rejected Juventus to stay at Dortmund just prior.

7. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Correct and he also needs to understand what being liquidated means as a football club and what that entails, you certainly do not get kept in the league set up as a new club let alone as Lambert wants...in the top Division of that set up

...in his own League set up he should look at the last club that was done for financial irregularities namely Bury last season, but as I said in my earlier post his premise is the rules should be different for big clubs...I fundamentally disagree

8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes what a Brilliant Goal. I have Fantastic Memories watching this match in the Bakers Pub Altrincham.

PS Massive PS. I remember saying to my mates with me after that Sensational Goal,we are going to win the title:ynwacelti

9. JamesM09

Poor comments from Lambert.

There’s a mentality problem many in Scotland have that says it’s okay to cheat if you’re the Rangers. The Rangers are entitled to 50% of the titles. If that’s not happening something is wrong.

It’s as if they should be excused from the basic rules of finance because they needed that money to win things. How can the world function if the rangers aren’t winning things?

Much of it comes from this ‘Celtic need Rangers’ attitude. The reality is we just need the leagues revised, then we can ditch those cheating * forever.

10. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    One of the best individual moments of my life and one of my favourite hun skelpings of all time.

We just didn't beat them in those days and to clinch it with a shot like that, smashed it right past that stinking * Goram, the noise still gives me goosebumps when it goes in.

Gyp Rosetti and KRS-1888 like this.
  11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Don't agree with his comments at all regarding their so-called demotion (it was liquidation - they died).

He'll always be welcome back at Celtic Park though easily one of the best players we've had in the modern era.He took the time to get a pic with me when I was a wee guy when he didn't have to and that's always been remembered.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Excellent player but not he brightest. To say sevco were relegated and that they should have only been fined is complete and utter horse *. Maybe he's misguidedly trying to prove he can rise above the 'old firm' rivalry and take a educated view on it. He's embarrassed himself. Oldco rangers cheated through means of illegal tax thieving which allowed them to buy players that would otherwise not have come to oldco rangers which in turn gave them an unfair advantage that led to them winning more titles than they should have....and old Lambo thinks they should have got away with a fine? Get real FFS. I suggest he needs to engage his brain before opening his mouth again on this topic.

oh bhoy likes this.