1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Hickey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jan 19, 2020.

Discuss Aaron Hickey in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Gauld was punted out on loan 4 times including once to Hibs were he was invisible. And now currently playing 2nd division in Portugal. Wasn’t involved in the semi’s or final for that cup either.

Henderson won the Scottish cup setting up 2 goals in the final and gained promotion to Serie A.

Seán Mac D and PaulM1888 like this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    None of that means Henderson is now doing ‘very well’ in Italy.

Gauld’s move has been a disaster for him and he’s still done better in Portugal than Henderson has in Italy.

None of them are anything to shout about.

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Am I the only one thinking 'why the * is this thread being bumped so people can argue over Henderson and Gauld's career choices'?

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He did do very well up until the manager at Verona got sacked, got plenty plaudits in Italy.

I’m just saying Henderson hit the ground running a lot better than Gauld did and showed Scottish players can go abroad and do well. My main point was that every player is different in how they settle into a new country. Not many players by age 22 have impressed in 3 different countries.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Henderson has done far more in his career so far with less potential and natural ability than Gauld. For me it's undeniable.

Fair play to him for taking the bold decision but it hasn't worked out, nor have any of the various loan spells he's had.

Henderson would easily walk into most SPFL midfields - outwith us and huns - Gauld wouldn't. Hibs didn't want him back after a handful of appearances.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Saying Henderson has impressed in 3 countries is a bit of a stretch considering he never started a league game for Rosenberg and couldn’t cut it in Serie A.

Even here his only ‘impressive’ season was for a Hibs team that finished 3rd in a two horse race and failed to get promoted. He didn’t even start that Cup final which seems to cloud peoples opinion of him.

Neither of them can get near a * Scotland team. If either of them are good examples to young players of Scottish players being successful abroad then we’re in a worst state than I realised.

7. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    in fairness i would say Liam is better than Bannan or McLean who get called up regularly, trouble is Liam is a footballer... edit... so is bannan to be fair

8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    McLean is way better than those 2

9. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I totally agree with your last point. I’d much rather gamble £1m on a Scottish potential than £3m koussi, Benyu, etc who have had zero impact. Although my worry would be game time. Tbh, getting these players that develop into real quality players is a bit of a lottery. You’d probably sign 30 before one comes a gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metrobhoy likes this.
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I’m not saying he impressed to the level for a big move but for the fact he wasn’t a failure. Yet he still played his part and helped win a league and cup double for Rosenberg.

Never started but subbed on and set up the equaliser and winner.

The midfield is the strongest part of the Scottish team of course they can’t get near it :giggle1: Of course their not amazing examples but Henderson has done far more than Gauld.

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yeah mate he has already shown he is up to the scottish game. But i fully agree we could/should buy and loan straight back to hearts where he is getting game time and developing for the moment or to a SPL side.

12. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’d trust him over Boli to be honest. That said, if we decided to sign him then loan him out, I’d send him to Hibs for a laugh. * Hearts :bye1:

steg and Dan Breen like this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Would anyone be happy with Hickey as a replacement for Boli?

Ideally we get in a ready-made, first choice left back, but in the absence of that I think Hickey could be a good addition.

Feels like the squad needs a little bit of a boost, and a little bit of hunger injected back into it.

Big Shoes likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not for me. The team needs a LB and LCB that are able to compete for the place immediately, Hickey is not that IMO.

If we were signing him then I believe it would be a similar development as Christie had with multiple SPFL loans for 2/3 years until he had games under his belt and had bulked up his physique.

If we can get him for £500-750k because of our sell-on clause then it could still be decent deal, he's definitely got ability but at this stage he's nowhere near being a starting LB for us.

King of Kings likes this.
  15. Tomas

Go get him, he's already had a decent season playing for the worst club in the league, good addition.

16. CountyDownFaithful

Would take him but think we need someone who is clear first choice and better than Taylor.

Don’t see the issue with having 3x LBs considering we have 3x RBs and 3x LBs last season, and all of them got game time.

Think this ship has sailed though, sounds like he is sold on a move to Bayern.

King of Kings likes this.
  17. jambo_cfc

Think we need a lb in the mould of el hamed , said it before we lack height

18. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    No chance Boli is the corner stone of our team

steg likes this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hes not what we need. He makes Taylor look like Usain Bolt.

We need a LB who can beat players one on one.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aaron Hickey has reportedly asked for guarantees over playing time if he’s to move to Bologna.

The Serie A side are keen to sign the Hearts youngster this summer, and have already shown him around their training ground.

There is competition from Bayern Munich and Aston Villa, while Celtic have also been linked with the 18-year-old.

Bologna are confident that assurances over playing time will swing things in their favour, but Corriere dello Sport reports that Hickey wants that in writing.

It’s claimed that the 18-year-old wants a number of clauses inserted into his contract, including one that will make it easy to get a move if he fails to make a certain number of appearances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.