1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s a defender with no natural defensive instinct.

The first time I saw him I think it was against Sarajevo. The boy absolutely rinsed him down the right.

As a full back the first thing you are taught when recovering is run directly towards your near post to narrow the angle.

He kept getting beat and running directly behind the heels of the boy, the best case scenario is he was giving away a foul.

As others have said as well, he has no concept of defensive positioning and for quite a strong lad he is quite weak in the tackle.

That’s all before we start talking about his first touch. A very bad decision to sign him.

2. Garrymac1888

The ability to pass to a teammate would be a great start.

Too many flaws for me to work on anything.

You can take a horse to water, sometimes it's more merciful to drown the *.

P.s in no way am I advocating the drowning of horses or Boli.

James, Rydo1888*, Gyp Rosetti and 2 others like this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I gave up hope with him about game 4 into his Celtic career, think the best position for him would be Hoopys understudy, but I’m guessing he’d be * at that too.

4. StevieBhoooy!

Im struggling to think of another player as demonstrably poor as him and that the club has stuck with for so long...

Boerrigter? Camara?

5. Cringer67

Ahh Mo Camara. Or ''Digital' as me and my mates used to call him on the basis that it would have been a better signing.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Great bants.

7. Foley1888

My earliest memory was watching the Cluj away game where he got done time and time again, he was all over the place. Then got booked and every time he went near putting a challenge in I was bricking it he was going to get sent off!

Then thought if Lenny is not going to take him off, maybe him getting sent off wouldn't be so bad. He did improve after that and put some decent performances in for a couple of months but the spell out the team seemed to send him back to bombscare Boli.

Noskeil likes this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :56:

9. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Never gonna make the grade here. Punt.

10. Ryanmcg84

Didn't even play today and he's still getting pelters.

11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I've been critical of him but yesterday has shown the importance to move back to 352 domestically more frequently . He is a lwb rather than a lb and bar coming on yesterday I actually can't remember him playing lwb for us at all. He went outta the team after Xmas that coincided with us changing formation, he seems a nervous wreck and I think playing only lwb and if he is shown a bit of love there is a player there.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy and Tommy25 like this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Personally I always thought he looked good when fully confident. Utter pish when nervous. Only 1 solution tbh, bring back ambrose :fear:

Dublin Celt likes this.
  13. CountyDownFaithful

Commons (*) in the paper this morning saying he knows for a fact that we are in the market for a LB therefore Boli must be for the off.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC ace Boli Bolingoli is under investigation by raging club chiefs after sneaking off on holiday to Spain in defiance of strict Covid-19 quarantine rules.

Bolingoli, 25, didn’t tell Hoops bosses he’d been to the high-risk country, failed to isolate when he returned — then played in Sunday’s game against Kilmarnock.

The defender - who has since tested negative for the virus - said: “I have made a huge mistake. I want to apologise to my Manager, my team mates, the supporters, everyone at Celtic and so many others for letting them down so badly.

I am guilty of a major error of judgement. I know what I did was wrong and I know that I must now deal with the consequences.”

He came on as a sub in the 87th minute of Sunday’s draw away against Kilmarnock. This could have seen him potentially infecting the Killie players and staff.

After learning of the trip raging Celtic bosses hauled him in for a heated meeting at Parkhead today.

Celtic chiefs were said to be furious when he found out about Bolingoli’s blunder.

A spokesman said: “Celtic Football Club has taken its response to Covid-19 extremely seriously and we are pleased that, to date, we have recorded no positive tests.

“Our staff have given so much in this area, working tirelessly to ensure that all players and other club personnel are safe, fully aware of their own responsibilities and familiar with all guidance and protocols.

“Safety must always be our priority.

Clearly, a full investigation will now take place and the Club will take all appropriate action.

“Subsequent to the player’s return he has recorded two negative tests in the past week.”

It’s understood the player immediately held his hands up to the error which is also sure to have further enraged Nicola Sturgeon.

Last week she blasted eight Aberdeen stars who breached the lockdown rules and visited a boozer on August 1.

They went to the Soul bar which was later linked to the city’s spike in coronavirus cases.

The players are all now self-isolating after two tested positive for Covid-19.

The First Minister said: “They blatantly broke the rules that had been agreed between the SFA, the SPFL, and the Scottish Government, which, to put it mildly, is completely unacceptable.

“Football has been given the go-ahead on the strict condition that clubs and players abide by the guidance that has been agreed.”

And she also hinted that a further breach could see her pull the plug the return of Scottish footie.

She said: “They put at risk the return of the professional game. To say this incident is deeply regrettable is an understatement.

“I’m pretty furious about this situation, because it shouldn’t have happened. If that guidance is not going to be adhered to then all bets are off.”

The Dons’ clash with St Johnstone in Perth on Saturday was postponed to avoid the virus potentially being spread to the city.

Lockdown measures have already been reintroduced in Aberdeen as the number of cases in the area grew.

Bolingoli’s gaffe comes just a week after Celtic carpeted striker Leigh Griffiths for breaching social distancing rules after throwing a party for his girlfriend.

But his manager Neil Lennon later said: “I’m not convinced it’s a big issue.”

Bolingoli joined the Hoops from Rapid Vienna in July 2019.

He made 28 appearances for the club last season.

Sunday was his first run out of the new term.

tarboltontim likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Another disaster of a signing, would be great if we could punt him, but i doubt anyone would take the guy tbh.

16. DonnyCelt

What a * *. Would punt him straight away. After all the club has done to put strict measures in place he then goes and does that. Get the * sold!!

:31:

17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    What an absolute tool

18. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No excuse for that. Entirely selfish action. Should be shown the door.

20. DonnyCelt

Could there now be implications for us as a club because of this * behaviour?