1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyCelt

Thought Ajeti was a striker

2. Foley1888

Fletcher on a free and a reasonable wage would be a decent deal, he is an experienced player and can hold the ball up and bring others in to the game.

If Bayo was to move on or loaned out then I wouldn’t be against it. I think depending on what happens with Griff, but if he doesn’t get back involved we are very short of options upfront.

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

On a free and if he would take a wage we could afford them I would defo take him. Would have to get Bayo out though as he would get no chance this season.

4. TheHappyLoss

Fletcher is just one of these guys that gets mentioned every season or two but thankfully never happens. Big non scoring lump of wood.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    A bit of a brass neck trying to work a move now. 5 seasons too late.

Would be a very uninspiring move and one that would anger the support who are expecting a bit better.

I think Klimala might come into a bit of form and I think he has shown good attitude in coming back from the break in the shape he is in. Im keeping the faith with him.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  6. oh bhoy

You really have to wonder why the * we spent £5.5 million on bayo and klimala (had a look yer man sporar we chased last year has scored 1 in every 2 games he's played but £6m was too much ) .Fletcher ffs 11 years too late

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Wouldnt be against losing bayo for another striker. If he could stay fit he would already be a huge improvement.

8. StevieBhoooy!

Can do without the ageing former epl ‘stars’ etc.. who’ve had their heyday elsewhere and see us as some sort of cushy retirement plan.

No thanks.

(although I’d still take big Zlat but he’s running out of seasons rapidly.)

9. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Same every year from Celtic

10. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Robson, Hartley, McGinn are all miles above Boyle. Signing Boyle is pointless. Why fill the squad with more players not capable of being first teamers. Instead of wasting money on the likes of the above players you said, we should just sign 1 quality player

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Celtic fans: “We can’t miss out on a quality keeper the way we missed out on Fletcher - that cost us the title.”

Lawwell: “If it’s Fletcher they want...”

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  12. themouth1888

The Lawell fan boys will still be telling us to calm down and that one average senior GK in our squad is fine and that Klimala is 100% ready to step in if Eddie gets hurt

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think fans expectations and the gravity of the pandemic are getting in the way of clear heads on the transfer market. Some seasons are just starting some just ending, the reality is that we will be waiting on the true market opening. Buying a player just to appease fans, yes eases tension within the fan base but rash decisions lead to Commper, Bayo, and other rotten panic buys we’ve had to endure in a Celtic jersey in the dying seconds of a transfer market, style signings.

Be patient, we have time and don’t be fooled in thinking there is any team in the SPFL or Europe even close to having anything that resembles a squad. Signings will come.

14. Ryanmcg84

52,000 fans have dug deep into their pockets at a time when many are on furlough or out of work with absolutely no idea when they will even get to watch a game in the stadium. Its time the board did likewise.
    Every * year under lawwell its the same. We start the season under prepared. Try to stumble our way through Champions League qualifiers and then a couple of panic buys/loans before the window shuts.
    Fans have every right to be * off. We are starting the sesson with one * goalkeeper and he was 3rd choice last season.

15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Spot on mate

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

1 week to the new season and the start of what could be one of the most famous seasons in our history and we have signed * all except a loan for a player who was here last year. Absolute shamble this window has gotten we shoulda had 3/4 additions by the start of the league, no excuses for not getting GK in either.

Tommy25 and Ryanmcg84 like this.
  17. ddub11

While i understand and to a point agree with you i think we have to take into consideration this issue with the virus.

Yes we need some fresh faces but while this virus is still with us the finances will be tighter than ever.Imo with the addition of a new keeper and we get griff back on board then we should be strong eneough to win the league.

As for europe,well for that we need additions to the squad but as you know europe seems to be a secomd thought to our board(unlike other teams we are guarenteed european football every season regardless of investment).

Dannybhoy81, Noskeil and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    aw no, now if I disagree with you at all I'll be a Lawell fan boy...* patter pal.

StPauli1916 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    It's not an absolute shambles, it was always going to be difficult and as long as we get a keeper in in the next week I'm sure we will be fine. It's not time to panic or slate the board.

The board need to plan for the worst case scenario and every penny will be a prisoner for as long as possible and rightly so.

Would anyone else spend all their savings during this summer? Especially when money will be tight for everyone

Noskeil likes this.
  20. Ryanmcg84

The board need to plan on how to make sure they get their bonuses despite the hit the club has taken during the pandemic.

Thers no excuses. We are weaker than we were at the end of last season. The positions that need strengthened are positions that needed strengthened in January, LB, Cb and winger plus we now need a gk. What the * was Hammond, lawwell and lennon doing during lockdown. Surely to * players should have been identified while they were sitting about doing * all so we could have got them in the door for preseason. And don't give us this pish about leagues not being finished bcoz if our scouting department were doing their job properly a club with our budget shouldn't even be looking at the top 5 leagues to sign players anyway given the ridiculously over inflated prices on those leagues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.