1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Shocking Decisions/Performances

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by murphy88, Apr 20, 2020.

Discuss Shocking Decisions/Performances in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Seen the honest mistakes thread from a particular season and it got me thinking about a few shockers. Watched the game against Dundee Utd yesterday when Dougie MacDonald lied about reversing his original decision to give a penalty as well. What is the worst decision of refereeing performance you can remember.

Willie Collum awarding Broadfoot a penalty for diving when he was facing the wrong way instantly comes to mind for me. What comes to mind for all?

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Pat McCluskey in the hun thread.

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @murphy88 a few spring to mind.

cadete being flagged for offside vs huns when 3 players where playing him on.

hartson in league cup final big * Lorenzo playing him on.

Scottish cup semi vs hearts Ledley looking other way in 2012 and * get a penalty

bobby madden vs st Mirren - sends victor off for a tackle that was a booking then gives them a blatant penalty for a dive.

bobby madden vs Dundee Utd - Matthews wins the ball from GMS think it’s a corner and GMS looks embarrassed as he gets a penalty.

Don Robertson vs Ross county - * dives they get a penalty and then sends broony aff knowing a red would rule him out the next 2 hun games got overturned!

murphy88 likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @murphy88 a euro one I will give you and it has to be the most incompetent performance I have ever seen from any offical at Celtic park was a French guy called Claude Columbo vs Celta Vigo in December 2002 baldy * was as incompetent as they * come, never seen anything like his performance in my puff even from the Masonic * of Scotland.

Was that bad the next match vs Stuttgart UEFA send Pierluigi Collina over to ref it!

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Who can remember the game vs hearts at tynecastle in 1998 we battered them and it was 1-0 in the 90th minute from the 80th minute on hearts got every 50/50 going! They get a corner and Jose Quitongo scores.

So Celtic kick off and we work it to Morten Weighorst and he is clean through one on one vs Gilles Rousset and the * blew the full time whistle!!!!

Then few weeks later we batter hearts at Celtic park and they go down time and time again.

Big Mahe gets injured and is down for about 5 minutes same referee we get 30 seconds injury time!!!! Game finished 0-0

cant remember his name but he then got the huns game vs Killie and played 6 minutes 2nd last game season and Killie scores the winner * Karma.

Paul Larkin talks about it in one of his films as blatnant as you will ever see!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Mind that game you're talking about

One for me was willie Collum (enough said) at celtic park bs oldco
    We got beat 3-2 and we were off the boil that day.
    But broadfoat fell in our box...nowhere near anyone and collum blows for a penalty....WITH HIS * BACK TURNED!!!!

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. murphy88

Davie Weir on Shaun Maloney at Ibrox. Stonewaller not given.

Bougherra commiting countless fouls and then come right through the back of Robbie Keane when on a yellow. No red card and then gave the wee wink to Weir.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Sydneysider and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Take your pick

Gyp Rosetti and seamus1967 like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What about big Laughability on Hinkle few minutes in right in front of the main stand! Straight leg studs showing was a * of a tackle!

TheHappyLoss and Sydneysider like this.
  10. murphy88

Aye I remember that one.

I seem to recall Stokes being clean through and brought down in the League Cup Final against Kilmarnock and we didn't get a penalty.

League Cup semi against Hearts. Penalty awarded for a handball. Ref told players it was for against Wanyama even though he had his back to goal and it hit Ledley. Easy to get them mixed up though eh.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Scottish cup semi mate but aye I agree they look the same.....

12. murphy88

Aye Scottish it was sorry.

13. murphy88

Three European ones come to mind. Giggs and Eduardo dives. The penalty Milan got against us at Parkhead as well. Cross shelled well over everyone's head and out for a goal kick and the ref gives a pen.

seamus1967 and cidermaster like this.
  14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    European ones I can think off , Domestic it's just the norm tbh

Can remember Juve away in the CL martin oneil was livid after the game , Juve at home not long ago Lenny in charge every corner was like WWF an the Man U Naka game their penalty wee Maloney I think was in the wall the ball smacked off him can remember the when stadium wondering what was happening

15. SkyeCelt

The juve game when Lichsteiner was groping everyone all game.

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  16. murphy88

Calum Murray was shocking when we had the chance to win the league at Ibrox. Cha and Wanyama sent off. We were never going to be allowed to win that day.

17. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I remember the linesman being absolutely hopeless in that game as well, flagged an offside from a throw in and the ref went along with it:giggle1:

18. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Was Maloney not denied two stonewall penalties that day or was it someone else? I knew Maloney was denied at least one though.

Also, the Bougherra one was despicable. From what I remember, he got a booking pretty early on in the match, but continued to foul throughout the whole match, some tackles worse than what he got booked for too. Should have got a 2nd booking at worse for persistent fouling.

I remember one against the orcs where I think Alan Thompson got sent off for a "headbutt" on Lovenkrands. An absolute nothing incident and the * just collapsed to the ground holding his face. I think Stuart Dougall was the ref for that one.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye lenny called him a dirty cheating * and got sent off in the tunnel that day too

i mean imagine sending a quiet guy like lenny off for calling you a dirty citrus fruit *!

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The Lennon and Maloney ones at the midden were a * disgrace.

Seán Mac D and Blochairnbhoy like this.