1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Think he could have played on but did the smart thing to come off Slovakia is a big game and really important as a win could really revive this nations fortunes if Scotland does qualify it will be down to the Brendan rodgers effect Scotland qualifying amd celtic getting europe after Christmas would be a major step in getting a better reputation

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    You be the judge mate:

:giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Aidan O’Shea

Love the boy.

4. Keano88

Wee Forrest and Big Tam are BMFL.

5. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    That's called doin " a Giggs".

Callum McGregor likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yup, not one single quote there.

Marty McFly likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Will miss the Scotland games due to injury.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN RODGERS cursed Scotland’s luck after Scott Brown and Stuart Armstrong suffered World Cup injury agony.

The Hoops midfield duo have been ruled OUT of the vital double-header against Slovakia and Slovenia next week.

Brown pulled up with a hamstring injury against Anderlecht, while a calf knock ruled Armstrong out of the Belgian game.

And Rodgers revealed they are touch and go to face Bayern Munich on October 18 in the Champions League.

He said: “We will see for Bayern. Hopefully they will be back, but if not then certainly for Hibs semi-final.

“Stuart just felt it in the warm-up and then he tried in the game he tried to go out and warm-up but it was too stiff. So it’s really unfortunate.

“Browny is a recurrence of an injury he had maybe 18 months ago at the top of his hamstring. It’s really, really unfortunate.

“I’ve tried to look after the players, which you have seen. We have played a lot of games and people wonder why you make changes.

“But you’re always trying to manage the availability of a player.

“Someone like Browny is better in rhythm, so the more games he plays the better he is and his body is used to it.

“Guys like Stu you see becoming a full international now, that’s not just a physical loading on him but a mental loading as well.

“I’ve tried to manage that since the summer really, because of so many games.”

It is a massive blow for Scotland gaffer Gordon Strachan – and Celtic boss Rodgers was full of sympathy.

He said: “It’s just absolutely so unlucky for Celtic but also for Scotland, which is a huge loss.

“I’m obviously disappointed for them and the frustration is that they are not like six-week injuries either.

“They are injuries which are probably a few weeks, all being well. It’s just the window of this week.

“I’m really disappointed for the boys because I see what it means to them.

“When I speak with the players, ALL the Scotland boys want to go with Scotland.

“That’s not always the case at international level. I’ve had experiences in my managerial career where players don’t want to go with their countries.

“But all the boys want to go with Scotland. They enjoy the environment they are in with Gordon, Mark McGhee and the staff, and secondly they are very patriotic.

“They want to do well for Scotland. And of course when there is an influx of them there you want them to do well because they are representing their club side as well.

“And I also look and see the time that’s gone by since Scotland last qualified.

“I would like Scotland to do well as a nation and get back to producing players and getting back to some of these finals.”

Random Review likes this.
  9. The67Sound

10. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Scotland are * now.. * right in the *.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd take Scotland not qualifying for another tournament for 100 years if it meant we won 10 in a row. Would rather Brown rested and stayed fit for our games.

12. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

same.. couldn't give a * about Scotland National Team to be quite honest.

13. hendycfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    People going on about how much they dont care about the Scotland team is getting heavy boring tbh.

littlekennie likes this.
  14. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

I wish them well, it just doesn't move me in any way that a Celtic game does. Just don't have that passionate input... probably as a result of our shitness this past 20 odd years.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm pretty gutted, think this kills our qualification hopes stone dead. I was a young man of 21 (edit: actually 20, turning 21 a few days after the final) the last time we qualified for anything and I'm 40 now. It's shocking because (94 aside) we always used to qualify for the WC. I think my generation and older pretty much just took it for granted and yet now it's some sort of almost unattainable holy grail.

Bit like * after you get married from what I hear. :54:

King of Kings likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't care about the Scotland team and I would hope others find that fact interesting.

17. imacdiar

Looking at some of the comments are a bit disappointing considering players like Brown and Armstrong obviously like playing for Scotland.Its also a bit sad that so many Scots have so little pride in their nation and that's probably why we may well continue to have our neighbor run our affairs.

18. fanakatic

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the lonesome boatman
    I want Celtic and Scotland to do well in every competition love my country.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Normally I don't get bothered by it but with a playoff place actually a distinct possibility and so close, it's a bit *. Both guys clearly want to be part of it too.

If it came down to a straight choice of brown being fit for us vs Bayern or for Scotland I pick us every time. Ideally though he doesn't get injured as all and plays both games.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I was thinking during the Dundee game that brown has played virtually every game for us and Scotland this season. I know he said himself he feels fitter than ever but it was inevitable he'd pull a muscle eventually imo. Not blaming Rodgers but I think Broony should be rested a wee bit more domestically.

Mince.Charming likes this.