1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Sevco Sun Feb 1st, 1:30pm, live on BBC

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Nov 28, 2014.

Discuss Celtic vs Sevco Sun Feb 1st, 1:30pm, live on BBC in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

Would we still be in the league cup if Lennon was in charge?

2. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Totally Bossed the game yesterday , kenny McDowall sowed the seed well before the start urging the ref to keep his cards in his pocket , obviously the tactics were to kick us off the park ...truth is they hardly got near us ...2 well taken goals and we controlled the rest of the game , shocking pitch mind !! ...oh and how does LeighGriffiths get a yellow for cupping his ears and McCulloch not get one for elbowing Griffiths in the back !!! .....

3. Bratfurdbhoy1

Deary me ,swearing before the 9pm curfew!!!!:56:

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: Hurting much?

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Up the Sun *!

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Zombieeeees

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

2-0 win, into the first national final of the season, games against Inter looming on the horizon, top of the league.

Sack the manager. :smiley-laughing002:

8. scootz

I'd not seen Sevco play since they were formed. l can't believe how * awful they were. Second highest wage bill in Scotland!? * *.

What shocked me even more was their lack of 'dig'. Michael Stewart was spot on... their only hope of having a chance was to impose themselves physically on the match and they couldn't even do that. They were like wee laddies.

Embarrassing!

9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    They did try to , they just forgot we are stronger, faster and fitter and an actual team not a group of people only there for the wages.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Full games on the IPlayer forgot about that

11. scootz

They didn't. Elbows did one of his usual (which was entirely expected) and that was it.

12. Bonobhoy

remember guys,they inbred * had 11 men behind the semi circle line,it was * embarassing at points...we scored 2 going on 6 in the first half (if it wasnt for the hun ref)..job was done,when we came out second half it was just a job done move on moment (im the same tho i did want more goals) but again they where mostly in their own half.....imagine playing footbal like that....craig levein did this and got salughtered...its a sad day when scottish football states we need a team like this in the SPFL,they where utter *....i aint kidding either,they would be relegation material....They are finished..
    as for gordon,he could have been doing this the whole game and not be in doubt of letting in a goal:
    [​IMG]

13. Gourlay1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tam Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Odds are if lenny was still in charge, we would have been put out the league cup before the semi's. Ronnie has improved this team. We took our foot of the gas for the last 50odd minutes. We were taking the * out sevco. Poorest spl?? This is by far the most exciting league since rangers died. Aberdeen and dundee utd havent improved. aberdeen won a cup last season, almost got to another final this season. Have been playing good football and almost were a genuine contender for the league. Utd are in cup finals two years running. Dont say that they are not improving because they really are so tale your lenny rules the world glasses of and * enjoy being a tim at the moment. It does feel good, even without lenny.

14. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I still feel a bit meh sort of.I really do see it as a missed opportunity.Regardless of how dead they are, or irrelevant at this moment in time, they will be back.
    I remember Spurs being crap for a long time while Arsenal plundered trophies laughing at them.......but in recent seasons Spurs have picked up and are nearly on a level footing with Arsenal.
    However, the main thing im getting at is the fan base for Spurs remained intact, and now their rivalry is back on a sound footing as though the Spurs wilderness years never happened.
    Same with Boca when River Plate got relegated, or in many other cases.The bottom line is they will be back, whatever they are called, and back to challenge us again, and we missed a chance to humiliate them properly.Saying it could have been this or that is pointless.....it wasnt this or that it was 2-0 and i know huns who would have bit your hand off for that scoreline before the game.

Chance missed for me.

15. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    * ended up getting smashed last night. Ronny got his tactics spot on. Great performance.

16. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Mate, i hope you had a great night, and i am not one of Ronny's detractors, but the right tactics were to stick 5 past them.I could have been the manager for the day and got a 2-0 win over that sorry looking opposition.
    Id say they were comfortably the worst team ive seen us play since........i dunno, the last time we played a second division team.The gulf in class was blatantly apparent.
    Tactics didnt come into it, unless the tactics were to take it easy as PC Plod had had a quiet word.

17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Just watched the highlights on the bbc there, no showing of that c*nt's elbow or stamp.
    Thompson defended them. Griffiths through on goal was just out and out cheating not to allow play on. McCulloch could have been sent off for 4 different things but more importantly should have been off for his elbow assault in the first half- the other 3 are the stamp on Guidetti, the attempt at a two footer on Brown and the elbow drop on Guidetti (all in the one incident). Celtic took the foot off the gas and there was some pretty slack passing. Should have utterly destroyed them.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sticking 5 passed a team isn't tactics.

As well you know.

19. magicseven

The ref's decision to not play advantage when griff was 1-on-1 their goalie was pivotal.
    3-0 would have crushed their spirit completely, and I honestly think we would have gone on to score 6 or 7.

The main thing for me yesterday was our fans not stooping to their level. They really are scum of the earth, singing their sectarian bile from literally the first minute to the last. I feel embarrassed for them. It's cringey to see thousands of hate-filled grown men still stuck in the 1980's. Football has moved on.

20. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Tactics were good enough , first aim in a knockout game is to win the second is to control , we did both , they hardly ever got in behind our midfield let alone defence. .All said and done we got the job done and deep down it doesn't matter whether we win by 1,2 or 5 . They will know they were well and truly beaten , this was there to be seen when Kenny McDowall was interviewed after the game . The guy was embarrassed