1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Legia Warsawa (UCL 3rd round qualifier, August 6th 7.45. NOT ON TV).

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 24, 2014.

Discuss Celtic vs Legia Warsawa (UCL 3rd round qualifier, August 6th 7.45. NOT ON TV). in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    More than anything it's soul destroying seeing the club we love regress rather than improve in Europe.

We have the ability to overturn this next week and I wouldn't write off our chances of doing so no matter how unlikely it seems just now. We've done it before but what concerns me is that with no real investment in quality players we could end up having our arses handed to us on a plate again.

I'll be at Murrayfield next week and it hurts to say it's changed days when I go to see the Bhoys more in hope of getting a win than expecting one which will see us progress, especially at this level. In time the pain will fade but seeing us outclassed in such a manner is not easy to take or forget.

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still * off big style about that. Team of shitebags, could see from the start our players pulling out of 50/50s. Second to every ball.

Passing was woeful. Midfield was non-existent, tactics were terrible. Izaguirre should have started. Mulgrew is never in a million years good enough for this level of football. Lustig was very poor, looked unfit. Ambrose, was just Ambrose. Van Dijk hasn't looked interested for a while now. New guy never got a sniff, probably due to us being completely over-run and on the back foot. Pukki is not good enough to play the lone striker role, especially in Europe. The guy isn't confident enough in 1v1s..

When you replace Wanyama and Hooper with Mulgrew and Pukki then it's never going to end well. They were very important players in the CL when we had them.

Can't remember our performance against Artmedia all that well but that must surely be up there. We should have lost 6/7-1 last night, should. Atrocious, embarrassing, cowardly performance.

[​IMG]

3. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Why are you defending the racist fuckwits in your support? He didn't insult your whole fanbase.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The only bit of fight i seen in our players was when the 90 min whistle was blown. Hopefully they hold onto that anger and * them next week!!!!!! Get in te thummm!!!!!!!!!!

5. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley

Thats the spirit.

6. Andy Thom 66

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikel Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is our land

Bang on about the 50-50s We were all talking about that after 20 mins. The amount of tackles they were second best to was unreal.
    Need some baws in the middle and through the spine and Efe is shoved off the ball too easily for a CB.
    He had a * mare but was not alone !!

7. johnfife1959

I have it on good authority that Lenny would have stayed had he been allowed to keep Sammy on a reduced contract, however when this was refused he resigned, If Lenny had picked his team last night and motivated his players I do not think for one moment we would have lost in that style.

However Lenny left, so then what happens, we are linked with Coyle, Moyes, McKay and Keane, all of whom refused the job due to the same constraints that Lenny was left with.

So then we approach Deila, who probably doubled his salary, thought he could win the league at a canter and build a name for himself, however on all the games I have watched to date, he doesn't have a clue who is best team is, what their best position is (Griffiths wide right ffs) or how to motivate his team, last night we never looked like a team at all.

We could have avoided all of this turmoil for no financial outlay at all, just keep Sammy and Lenny, I am positive that with Lenny in charge last night, the performance would have been massively different.

Moving forward I cannot see Deila quickly learning his best team or tactics, I actually fear a Paul le Guen situation arising, I used to talk to many fans who were not that sure about Lenny when he has in charge, however the results he got under the constraints he operated showed exactly how good he was.

8. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player

I do agree though that if Lenny had still been with us we probably wouldn't have seen such a bad performance. Though to say this could be a Paul le Guen situation is I feel jumping the gun. I mean it's not as if WGS or even Lenny had great European starts either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  9. Scottk

Surely john Collins has something to say. Letting the team go out and play like that. Lennon came in with no experience and manged but John has previous experience and he knows the Celtic way. Time will tell and next week we will get to see what resolve Delia has. Great early test for him.

10. wulliebad

Wow i really hope you have a twitter account i can follow...with all this inside info i will make a * killing at the bookies.:veryhappy:

11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    that legia team have some real talent there,wouldnt mind signing a few of them.gutted about lastnight,entertaining match though.going to the game next week hopefully a win and good performance will do for me,it will be hard to come back from that.

12. Sonny7

It was really embarrassing get thumped like that and us playing the way we did. The 1st half wasn't great but it was not the worst. The second we were horrible, really really horrible. A lot of it was down to the fact we only had ten men.

A seen someone mention in another thread Legia are a poor team. Well maybe they are but a didn't see that from last nights game. Defensively there ok and no more but going forward they looked excellent. It felt like every one of there forwards had skill and pace and they were just skinning us rotten. A was impressed with them.

A really hope we throw Griffiths Stokes and Commons on from the start next week. With they two up top and Kris in behind

13. Kazaginac

This is what happens when the domestic league is uncompetitive,deluding ourselves that we are decent European team...

14. celtic warrior

While I have every faith in Deila, I'm going make an early predication and say that Lenny's motivational ability is really going to come to fore here and actually show just how hard he had to work to get the team to play at a decent standard.

15. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Never saw the game due to work. By all accounts it was a complete and utter * up of the highest calibre.

Just seen the line-up and Izzy was on the bench along with a few more regulars.

Which leads me to ask was it a complete misjudgement on the managerial side or was it simply down to a lack of application from the players. Maybe even a bit of both????

16. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Emilio on the bench and Berget starting instead of Stokes/Griffiths had disaster written all over it. We can't play with one up top and two wingers if we don't have the players for it.

17. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    I wanted to say it before the game, but I know hordes of fans would have attacked me. But, the truth is finally here: Celtic comes from a pish league which isn't better than any East European league, the Celtic team is far, far, far away to be called a descent European team, and if Deila has wondered why Celtic had to play so many rounds to qualify to the CL, he got his answer yesterday.
    Celtic had some respectful results in Europe, but thanks to the domestic fans who have the magic to scare the opponent, but in fact, Celtic is a team for the Europa League level and nothing more. Reality hurts, but that is how it is.

18. Harry Caray

The guy that scored twice was excellent, his movement and his cheeky back heels took players out the game, also he ripped izzy a new one before whipping in that cross that led to the goal. Guys like this we should be after

19. Ari1888

We made him look good. The guy has been playing in Polish league for * years and that tells you something.

Embarassing.

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah 3 man central midfield was a must away from home

emelio should have played as he is our left back

mcgreggor should have played on the left as he is better there

commons maybe shouldnt have played in an away game as he wants to hold on to the ball for too long and isnt that quick on the ball

the worry for me is that, that our 2 central midfielders where struggling and the manager never changed to a central midfield 3 to alleviate our problems there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.