1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Gauld, Armstrong, Souttar, Robertson & GMS

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Hammy89, Jan 1, 2014.

Discuss Gauld, Armstrong, Souttar, Robertson & GMS in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

Keeps being touted as the new jinky on my FM games

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  2. Lecs

I'll admit I've only seen a few clips of him, but he looks a quality player. Good shout.

3. Lecs

To be fair though people are fed up with us spunking 2.4 million, 2 million and 1.8 million on Banguras, Pukkis, Baldes. I can see why the fans want a guy who is young, cheap and is prolific our league.

4. Breenzo

Good on Dundee Utd for bringing these boys on. All good young players in my opinion. On the issue of poential signing however, Gauld is absolute standout at the moment! Interesting he says he would like to move abroad (not something many British youngsters do at all). Perhaps moving to Spain or somewhere like that would be the better option for a young 'technical' talent like him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50YOU7fa5FY&ntz=1"]Real Madrid, Liverpool & Man Utd target RYAN GAULD wants to play abroad - NEWS REPORT - YouTube[/ame]

5. Dylan1996 Gold Member Brigade Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I'd be extremely happy with just Gauld. For 18 he's a fantastic player. Hope we sign him although I doubt we will.

6. smadabhoy

Gauld is a good player however I don't think he will play for us and I think he will be wasted, Stevie May would be a deffo signing for me and I think he would play with stokes upfront

7. Vertie Auld

Vastly overhyped? How so? I assume you've seen more of him than any other person on this forum.

Gauld is an excellent footballer for his age with the potential to have a great career in the game. People acknowledging that fact doesn't mean he's overhyped. Are people over-excited? Maybe. You can't blame them though, given the fact that he's been one of the few good news stories in Scottish football over the past few years.

8. Vertie Auld

I don't think Gauld will be wasted. He obviously has his head screwed on and has already turned down offers from England where he'd no doubt have disappeared. His long-term contract at United will given him a couple of years of first team football, which will be great for his development if he doesn't move to Celtic Park.

9. Vertie Auld

I don't think Stevie May's anything special but I haven't seen a lot of him. What's he like, goals aside?

10. Mr. Slippyfist

He's good enough for St. Johnstone.

11. gerry_bhoy

Exactly. Having just turned 18 he wouldn't have even featured yet.

1. I don't believe we're interested and 2. I don't see the point in signing other SPL team's youth players when Lennon is consistently overlooking potentially better ones already at Celtic.

12. Choccy McClair

* Stevie May, he's nothing special.
    Gary Mackay Steven, he's the best out them all , not played as a winger but along side commons off the front two. Think they would be deadly together.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I still confuses me how people rate Mackay-Steven so highly. Whenever he plays us he shows absolutely nothing that would suggest he is good enough for Celtic.

Average player at best, living off the fact he's done a few tricks over the past couple of years.

14. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Roberto Martinez watching the Dundee Utd lads today.

15. Damnati

I don't understand this, I've seen a few posters make out that he's nothing special.

He's scored goals at all three clubs he's been at and plenty of them. His stats are impressive and he's only 21. I also thought he gave a good account of himself against Ambrose and Van Dijk. He has scored a lot of goals for what is usually a very defensively minded team.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Shows you how good these lads could be when a team with Everton's ambition and Martinez is looking at them.

17. maggiethatcher

Fav Celtic Song:
    never walk alone
    I agree with you because goals aside he doesn't offer a great deal. He doesn't have electric pace, isn't that great in the air, doesn't function well playing from a deeper position due to his average link-up play and isn't a target man. He is however a very good finisher.

The problem for us would be that I don't think he possesses the attributes to really step-up a level so he wouldn't be any better than our current strikers. To be honest I think Watt is a better talent but his fitness and attitude are holding him back just now.

18. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

shows the money in the epl more like everton are playing well but are never a champions league outfit they can afford to sign players for 3,4,5 million and not have to play them

19. FinnyBhoy#7

Have to say mate you obviously haven't watched him much if you're saying stuff like this. He links up great with even average or poor players at The Saints and as you said a terrific finisher. He's got skill, strength, power, pace, finishing, link-up, stamina so he's basically the whole package and just turned 21. For sure he is worth a punt.

May is 5 and a half years younger than McGinn and is on 11 goals currently in the SPFL, 2 ahead of McGinn who is on 9 goals. Also you could say playing for a weaker side in St Johnstone in comparison to Aberdeen.

In the last two calendar years (2012 and 2013), Stevie May has scored 59 goals in 75 club starts for Alloa, Hamilton and Saints. That's some record in considering he was only 18, 19 and 20 years old for all those goals. You'll find some of the strikers in the Championship in Scotland in their mid-twenties struggling to score at that level never mind an 18 and 19 year old which May was.

For me and people may laugh(see what I did there:86:), but I see Stevie May as being the next Steven Fletcher who we let slip through the net and believe he would make a big impact in England. This is why it's pivotal for me that we get him before anyone else does as he will be out our reach if he goes to England and performs to the level which I think he will.

20. HiggyBhoy1206

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Charlie Nicholas,Roy Aitken,Boruc.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    defo worth a punt, shouldn't cost too much, and yes i agree with all said .
    look at commons, 300k from Derby. i was well chuffed when we signed him. scoring a lot of goals in the lower english divisions, but put him with a team like celtic, who create so many chances, the guy should be our main striker rather than midfield.