1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Does what happened to them make you appreciate fergus more?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mls1, Nov 15, 2013.

Discuss Does what happened to them make you appreciate fergus more? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boss

Fergus did a great job at Celtic.

What amazed me at the time was that there wasn't a queue to purchase Celtic.

If I had that type of money back then (not that I have it now or ever will) I'd have bought Celtic.

It was a goldmine waiting to be run properly.

People forget that Fergus is a qualified Chartered Accountant.

2. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There are several people just as important as fergus who don't get the credit they deserve like John Keene, Brian Dempsey, David Lowe and the crew at celts for change.

3. ByeByeHuns

Fergus done his job and no doubt he done it well but at the end of the day its the supporters who finance the operation.

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No, not at all. It's two completely different things!

We've never been in a position spending money chasing the European Cup like they did. Our fans are far more sensible. They got what they deserved for completely spoiling Scottish Football.

5. monthehoops1888

Ill always appreciate what Fergus done for us:50:

6. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I've always appreciated what Fergus McCann done for us, and always will. At the time it was huge, but looking back at how close we actually came to our doors being closed for good is scary. McCann coming in with only 24 hours to spare before the bell tolled will always be hugely appreciated.

He may have been deemed as being "tight-fisted" when it came to things like players being purchased and other monetary issues on the playing front, but he done the right thing by putting us on a strong financial footing first above anything else. With the filth dying last summer it just goes to show that he knew all along how important it was to do this.

The Bunnet? Should be more like The Prophet :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks to McCann we celebrated our 126th year and are very solid financially.

7. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    NO
    What happened at Celtic has nothing to do with what happened to them i wish people would stop going on about this.