1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Morten Rasmussen

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by willmc31, Aug 17, 2011.

Discuss Morten Rasmussen in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This.

But right now he is what we seem to be needing, a big lump up front who can head the ball. Showed a few decent bits of link up play with Robbie Keane when he was here as well.

Not the long term answer but a quick fix solution just now.

2. TimMalloyBhoy

What happened to him during his loan spell at Mainz? I remember him starting the first few games, but he only had 5 appearances with them all season. I wonder If managers don't like his attitude in training or something?

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They don't, it has been widely reported that he has a bit of an attitude. Drinking and gambling problems at his former club etc.

4. leicceltmurph67

id give the big fella a chance ...sammy has had years here never done a lot barr a couple of cameo performances agaist the huns ...which is even more frustrating cos we know he can do it...we need somebody with ariel threat especially against teams like st.jonstone that get phyisical.....i say give him a chance....i,ve liked what i,ve seen of him...

5. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    Was he not involved in some credit card scam or something?

6. Artur Boruc #1

Aye, he's had a previous conviction for credit card fraud.

7. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    Aye, I seem to remember something along the lines of he lost all his money gambling so started scamming credit cards to pay his debts?

8. DutchCelticFan

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I would love to see him getting a chance.

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

anthony stokes didn't help yesterday

this guy gets by on scraps in the penalty area thats what he's good at and we could have done with him yesterday

i agree he looks very limited! and im not talking of starting this guy but everywhere he's been he's scored goals and at times like yesterday he's one we should have been looking to bring on as a sub

we've cut our nose off to save our face with this guy and it's not the first time we've burned our bridges with players, it's a recurring problem at Celtic

if we aren't going to let him near the team then free him ffs! not that i want to free him and pay him the rest of his contract up front, nope i would rather get something like goals from him in sub appearances before his contract runs out

10. OverandOver

I'm not a huge fan of Stokes either, I think we can do better but he's a much better player than Rasmussen. It's not a case of cutting our nose off to spite our face at all. Lennon would have no hesitation in playing him if he felt he was good enoough but he obviously just doesn't rate him or have any confidence in his ability. It would make no sense to free him at the moment when there's the possibility of getting some sort of money back for him.

11. Nicodemus|FCK

Most likely, any interest for him will come from Denmark, and in particular from Brøndby (from which you bought him)... Only thing is.. they are out of funds... Not near bankrupcy, but scrapping every coin they've got, to pay back their morgage.

Don't think there's a club out there, who are willing to pay 1mill or more for him... my guess would be 500k tops.

Still don't understand why you don't use him as a sub when you're in need of a goal from a setpiece.
    He's good at one thing... give him the ball, while he's facing the goal within 10 yards, and he'll score... But don't expect anything else from him!

12. Paul McAuley

could we give him a chance or will lenny sit on him like WGS did with riordan? Training means * all he is a proven goal scorer and mobary sighned him because he can score WHEN THE OPPS HAVE 11 MEN BEHIND THE BALL. and i dnt think anybody can tell me we dont need a player like that!! Give him a chance, a full game, must be better than playin stokes wide

13. leicceltmurph67

everybody is saying that rass is limited ....last week we were pumping balls into the box to two small players and keep playing duff players that produce nothing i.e sammy,maj...this guy has,nt had a chance and i feel its a case of lenny not wanting to play him because mowbray sighned him ...how can anyone make a judgemant on a player who has played a handful of times ...in fact when he has played he,s scored a couple of times i,d like to see a games to goals ratio between him and sammy...im afraid its a case of we may have a limited management team ..who cut there own noses off to spite there face,...

14. Paul McAuley

Can we as fans forward somthing to lennon to give him a chance?

15. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    With how we have been playing he deserves another chance. He did pop in some vital goals for us when he played before. With the style we are playing just now I think it would suit him. Give him his chance if he doesn't do well then fine.

16. Paul McAuley

IMO I couldnt agree more, our style suits him and every time he gets a start he scores!!!!! why is Samawreck gettin a game b4 him??? he must be dire in training

17. leicceltmurph67

a team sheet mabe ...that includes rassmussen....and puts sammy with the kids..surley everyone and his dog seen maj looked awful against st.jonstone...mulgrew and wilson should of been at the back or wanyama..anybody infact

18. Rosleabhoy

Hes no good...also reason nobody wants him

19. Paul McAuley

Stokes scores Great, sammi dosent, hoopers struggling, murphy wil never get a chance, maloneys a fake..... but morten scores when he plays, hes not prity but he puts them in the net, same wae brattback we turned on him because he wasent flashy enuff but he scored aswll fs. Atleast give him a chance!:celt_2:

20. Paul McAuley

Also this bhoy from AIK wont score ryt away but our fikle fans will murder him. We think that 60000 fans push the players but somtimes they destroy them. Brattback had a ratio of a goal a game but we wrecked him, same wae rassmasen so a hope that mohammed bhoys stays clear