1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox is staying

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 26, 2010.

Discuss Fox is staying in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Apparently anyway.

Just got a text saying that according to Clyde 1 radio, Fox has rejected Burnley's contract offer and wants to stay at Celtic. Not seen anything on the net about it yet.

2. Hendo*

hope its someone winding u up, i want wallace lol

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Guy who text me is a TC member, so it's up to whether or not you trust what Clyde 1 reports.

4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fox might be a better player than we all think don't forget he's been playing alongside a load of donkeys at the back......that could have put him off his normal game.

5. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    ffs! whits happenin! feels like some * has skelped me ower the heed with a poker

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sure you're not hungover? :56:

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

must ov deserved it :56::56::56:

8. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :56: i wish mate lol!! i just mean ma head is going backwards and forwards with all this fox news thats all lol:84:

9. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :56:

10. JnrBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik Maloney McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    hes probably looked at the prospect of burnley being relegated and thought * that! maybe he wants one more crack at the CL.. have to say I quite liked him, his last season down south was very good, but if i was to choose from him or lee walace i'd have to choose wallace. anything could happen with celtic over the next few days.. to be honest i'm getting quite excited about it all! just glad we got rid of the dead wood and one of the worst defences av seen in years at CP.

11. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik/boruc/mcgeady/brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    inter milan/four leaf clover
    Hugh MacDonald

Published on 25 Jan 2010

DANNY FOX is to leave Celtic just six months after signing for the club.

The 23-year-old left-back will join Burnley after failing to settle in Scotland. Celtic are believed to have made a profit on the £1.5m fee paid to Coventry City last summer.

The surprise departure of the player was the headline news on a day of transfer activity at Celtic.

Morten Rasmussen, the Brondby striker, was last night settling the final details of his £2m transfer. He will be unveiled at a press conference today, joining Jos Hooiveld and Thomas Rogne, who have also signed from Scandinavian clubs during this window.

However the departures continue, too. Fox, who trained with Celtic yesterday, will travel to Lancashire this week to speak with Brian Laws, the Burnley manager.

Stephen McManus, the international centre-back, is also considering a move to either Middlesbrough or Ipswich Town on loan. McManus does not want to contract himself to a Championship club permanently, believing he could still have a future at Celtic. But Gordon Strachan, the Middlesbrough manager, has already missed out on Gary Caldwell after the Celtic captain signed for Wigan Athletic this month. He is keen for McManus to fill the void in his central defence.

The departure of Fox means that Tony Mowbray has few options at left full-back. Lee Naylor has slipped out of first- team reckoning since Mowbray arrived at Celtic Park. Mark Wilson, who can play in the position, still has to return from injury.

It increases the likelihood of Mowbray making a signing to replace the English-born Fox. The Celtic manager is believed to be keen on recruiting Kevin Kilbane, the Hull City player. Kilbane, an Irish internationalist, has spent much of his career as a utility player, filling in across the midfield. But he can also play at full-back.

Naylor is out of contract at the end of the season and his deal will not be extended, but interested clubs may wait until then to pick the Englishman up on a free transfer. Until then, he may find himself back in the first team.

Mowbray, however, has consistently insisted that this would be a hectic transfer window for Celtic and it has lived up to that billing. Sources at the club last night suggested that the comings and goings at Parkhead were far from over with just one week left in the transfer window.

One player on the Celtic radar is 19-year-old Strasbourg midfielder, Loic Damour.

The teenager has revealed he will travel to Glasgow and could sign on loan until the end of the season before a permanent deal in the summer. Damour has hardly featured for the French second division side, but has captained his country at both under-16 and under-17 level.

Celtic are very interested in me and have watched me several times in France, said Damour. But they need to take a look at me to judge my fitness and condition. I can understand that because I have hardly played this season with the first team.

I don't know exactly when I will go to Glasgow, but my agent has told me that everything is okay.
    Marc Crosas, meanwhile, admitted a surprise move to Malaga would be a good option for him.

The former Barcelona midfielder has won his place back in Mowbrays side recently and helped Celtic to a 4-1 win at St Johnstone on Sunday.

However, the La Liga side are interested in Crosas and the player has admitted a move could benefit him.

Crosas said: I have not planned for an exit, but if they call me and agree a deal with Celtic, it is clear Malaga is a good option.

If there is something strong there and they call me, of course I would think about it. We are talking about a first division team, not everyone can play there. Furthermore, the aim of any Spaniard is to return to Spain and succeed.

Forgotten Celtic striker, Ben Hutchison, has returned to Parkhead after a disappointing loan spell at Swindon Town.

Hutchison was sent on loan to English League One side at the start of the season, but he is on his way back to Parkhead after miserable spell at the County Ground where he netted just one goal.

Fellow Parkhead loan star Simon Ferry has fared much better at the Wiltshire club and will extend his deal to the end of the season this week.

12. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    well i would rather he stayed at least another season with us tbh. its still kinda early to be going he isnt good enough etc? he actually might be a lot better next season once he is fully settled.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'ts brilliant isn't it? We will be the talk of the steamie for the next fortnight with all these signings and I'm loving every minute of it. Hope it gives us a huge psychological edge and confuses the * out of the competition......imagine all the other managers digging through youtube for some heads up on the players we've signed :icon_mrgreen:

14. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    hope he stays think hes got potential to be good but hes been playing in a horrible defence but saying that wallace is good enough replacement

15. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Its like * Eastenders in here.

16. Craigyjac.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden In The Sun
    In the words of Shaggy " It wasn't me".

17. Barry Robson

I have listned to the radio, clyde 1, all day and it hasnt said anything about him staying. Not saying its not true but i havent heard heard hes staying and i have been listening since half 8 this morning until now.

18. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well with the rate Mogga's going..I believe that he is leaving.

19. Joemcl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Adam Matthews
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Just heard on Radio Scotland that Mogga's NOT resigned to losing Fox or McManus!!

Whit!!!

Don't know what the medias playing at but i'm getting dizzy listening tae them:43:

20. mrs crosas

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larrson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing !
    get him out the door !!!!!!!!!!!!! Does he think he can treat us llike that ! beat it Danny your no wanted.