1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Fathers Day!!!!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by sheabhoy08, Jun 21, 2009.

Discuss Happy Fathers Day!!!! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sheabhoy08

Fav Celtic Player:
    artur!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover,ltps!
    To all the dads on TC,,,and a wee reminder to all yous sons and daughters that forgot!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so what pressies did yous get!!!!!!!!!!:50:
    I got the new Celtic strip from Connor,great!!!Clint Eastwood box set from Jack(Hang em high,fistful of dollars,for a few dollars more and the good the bad and the ugly)quality!!!and a case of Magners from wee Shea,,,brilliant!!!!:50::50::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:,,so once again Happy Fathers day!!!!

2. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik/boruc/mcgeady/brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    inter milan/four leaf clover
    have a good one guys.

3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Happy Fathers Day to all you dad out there :celt_2:

4. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    Didn't you do well :icon_mrgreen:

I've had to make do with my big card and the breakfast and tea in bed with a nice joint. Now were having a Call of Duty day chillin in the living room while mum sleeps after a nightshift. These are the days.

5. Magadog67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke/Mcmanus/Mcdonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Why thank you very much and i am having a good fathers day so far its great being looked after all day by the missus and ma wee lassie(5) she made me a card and its the best present i got by a mile ...well so far as i think im onto a promise later for helping create life ..well its a given is it naw?

Today Daddy is *:icon_mrgreen:

Hold on folks missus is callin me.....

"Whats that babe? Yes i would love another bacon roll and brown sauce ......what?

Yes yes i know I've had three already but what the heck why not and i know i dont have to tell YOU not to put too much milk in my tea cos you know me so well babes...i love you you know... yes i did say that... what/ ....no not now heh heh im on the computer... ....of course i rather be on top of something else but the bacons on (quick slap to the * noise) ...maybe if your a bad girl i'll treat you later now chop chop bacons-a-sizzlin sweetcheeks"

sorry about that folks where were we ....oh yes having a rather splendid fathers day:84::50:

6. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
  7. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :bbpd: I got mine the other day (ghostbusters game) :56: Wee yin made me a bunch of choc muffins (albeit with my help) :icon_mrgreen:

8. sheabhoy08

Fav Celtic Player:
    artur!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover,ltps!
    Good stuff pal!!!!

9. arbroathemerald

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'll have to wait a week or two to get mine. still away working...

10. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Fathers then & now[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Today is one of the first Father's Days of our new millennium. Fathers of 1900 didn't have it nearly as good as fathers of today; but they did have a few advantages:

In 1900, fathers prayed their children would learn English.

Today, fathers pray their children will speak English.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,helvetica] In 1900, a father's horsepower meant his horses.

Today, it's the size of his minivan.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.

Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a father waited for the doctor to tell him when the baby arrived.

Today, a father must wear a smock, know how to breathe, and make sure film is in the video camera.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers passed on clothing to their sons.

Today, kids wouldn't touch Dad's clothes if they were sliding naked down an icicle.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers could count on children to join the family business.

Today, fathers pray their kids will soon come home from college long enough to teach them how to work the computer and set the VCR.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers pined for old country Romania, Italy, or Russia.

Today, fathers pine for old country Hank Williams.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a father smoked a pipe.

If he tries that today, he gets sent outside after a lecture on lip cancer.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers shook their children gently and whispered, "Wake up, it's time for school."

Today, kids shake their fathers violently at 4 a.m., shouting: "Wake up, it's time for hockey practice."

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at the supper table.

Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at baseball, Cindy's at gymnastics, I'm at *-Ed, Pizza in fridge."

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,helvetica] In 1900, fathers and sons would have heart-to-heart conversations while fishing in a stream.

Today, fathers pluck the headphones off their sons' ears and shout, "WHEN YOU HAVE A MINUTE.."

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a father gave a pencil box for Christmas, and the kid was all smiles.

Today, a father spends $800 at Toys 'R' Us, and the kid screams: "I wanted Sega!"

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, if a father had breakfast in bed, it was eggs and bacon and ham and potatoes.

Today, it's Special K, soy milk, dry toast and a lecture on cholesterol.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a Father's Day gift would be a hand tool.

Today, he'll get a digital organizer.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers said, "A man's home is his castle."

Today, they say, "Welcome to the money pit."

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, "a good day at the market" meant Father brought home feed for the horses.

Today, "a good day at the market" means Dad got in early on an IPO.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a happy meal was when Father shared funny stories around the table.

Today, a happy meal is what Dad buys at McDonald's.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, a father was involved if he spanked the kid now and then.

Today, a father's involved only if he coaches Little League and organizes Boy Scouts and car pools.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, when fathers entered the room, children often rose to attention.

Today, kids glance up and grunt, "Dad, you're invading my space."

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers threatened their daughters suiters with shotguns if the girl came home late.

Today, fathers break the ice by saying, "So...how long have you had that earring?"

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers pined for the old school, which meant a one-room, red-brick building.

Today, fathers pine for the old school, which means Dr J and Mickey Mantle.

[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman,helvetica]In 1900, fathers were never truly appreciated.

In 2009, fathers are never truly appreciated.[/FONT]

11. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :56: Enjoyed that there Mr :50:

12. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    A father was at the beach with his children when his four-year-old son Bob ran up to him, grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore, where a seagull lay dead in the sand.
    "Daddy, what happened to him?" Bob asked. "He died and went to Heaven," the dad replied.
    Bob thought a moment and then said, "Did * throw him back down?"

Letters between son and dad
    Dear Dad,
    $chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.
    Love,
    Your $on

The Reply:
    Dear Son,
    I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.
    Dad

:icon_mrgreen:

13. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :56::56: that's insane man....

[YOUTUBE]CpZD80bfDyo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  14. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Joy Ride
    Bob was 16 and finally got hold of his driver's license. In order to celebrate the special day, the whole family went out to the driveway and climbed into the car to enjoy his first official drive. However, dad went to the back seat, where he sat right behind his boy. When Bob saw his dad he said "Dad, you must be fed up of the front seat after teaching me how to drive all these days Right?" "Nope!", came the quick reply from the dad. "I'm going to sit back here and kick the back of your seat while you drive, just like you've been doing to me for the last sixteen years!"

15. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    I got a mug. Very apt indeed.

And I'm getting taken to see Transformers later. Just for the kid...honest. :icon_mrgreen:

16. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Aww you Mo** i want to see that! pop back with a run down eh :icon_mrgreen:

I didn't get a mug this year :54: i always get one aswel...dammit.

17. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there. You all deserve a day off, so sit back and relax !

18. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Who's the Boss?
    While having their evening dinner together, a little girl looked up at her father and asked, "Daddy, you're the boss in our family, right?" The father was very pleased to hear it and confidently replied, "Yes my little princess." The girl then continued, "That's because mommy put you in charge, right?"

19. Craigyjac.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden In The Sun
    Happy fathers day to all the dads.:50:

20. CrosasRightFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens, Crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Happy Father's Day to all you dads!

Got my old man a card, £25 iTunes voucher, box of Thornton's truffels and the DVD of Valkyrie - from me and my wee brother.